• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    About time someone put up some competition to the G20 at or about the same price. I hope it runs works.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Caught my eye. 2 points.
    1. first run gun, even on a proven platform... I can wait.
    2. Suppressor sights without an optic or suppressor is not preferable to me. I'd prefer the option for standard sights.

Otherwise this looks like a big hit for the 10mm crowd.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would be REALLY interested to see sales figures from this model compared to say the 9mm version. Been seeing for years now people want this. Hopefully S&W can capitalize on that and start being more like Ruger and actually listening to customers

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Well Glock had it all along, then Springfield got into the game with the XD, and now this. Problem is, I don't like XDs or M&Ps, and while I can tolerate a Glock, the polygonal rifling and partially supported chambers (bulged brass) takes those out of consideration as a reloader.

Come on, Sig, where's that 10mm P320? You're missing the boat!!!!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That is what I like about S&W. They really stay ahead of the curve with products like the Shield Plus and a 10mm M&P.

This is a long overdue offering and I'll have serious interest in it once a few have floated around the real world.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    S&W is offering it in a compact or G19 sized package. I think this is double stack to do so,.
    G19 is too small for my hands so that and the fact they have an optic plate system make it a hard pass for me.

I'm sure it has a market, just not for me as a serious option. Now if H&K comes out with something, I'd definitely be interested.

Reactions: Zeb

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    There has been competition for the g20 for quite awhile.
    Eaa Witness Match
    XDM
    Rock Island
    All three of the above shoot better then my G20 even after I had a bar sto barrel installed!
    Up until a few years ago, the Witness was about the only double stack available. There were quite a few 1911's available, Sig has a few offerings, but no other polymer double stacks until Springfield.

I think.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    S&W is offering it in a compact or G19 sized package. I think this is double stack to do so,.
    No G19 sized option. Their smallest M&P 10 right now is full size grip, 4" barrel. So basically G45 size. Or G19x size, without the coyote poo paint job.

Do want. :)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    No G19 sized option. Their smallest M&P 10 right now is full size grip, 4" barrel. So basically G45 size. Or G19x size, without the coyote poo paint job.

Do want. :)
    Yep. I missed the grip length.

I've been contemplating switching all my Springfield for M&P. With the double stack Shield and the better triggers, I'm about to start.

Top Bottom