• Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    ROTFLMAO

Rifle #1 is a Ruger 10/22

The Muncie Police Department canceled a controversial gun raffle after citizens voiced their concerns about the timing. It came less than three weeks after a former FedEx employee went on a deadly rampage, killing eight workers at an Indianapolis facility.
    The raffle flyers, distributed by the Muncie Police Department, was selling raffle tickets for two powerful rifles.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    ROTFLMAO

Rifle #1 is a Ruger 10/22

The Muncie Police Department canceled a controversial gun raffle after citizens voiced their concerns about the timing. It came less than three weeks after a former FedEx employee went on a deadly rampage, killing eight workers at an Indianapolis facility.
    The raffle flyers, distributed by the Muncie Police Department, was selling raffle tickets for two powerful rifles.
    How about people just quit caving to these morons?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This is a tough one folks. While I see nothing wrong with having a raffle for two of the most common guns in America during normal times I wonder if this was a wise decision by a police department now. With the war being waged against the police by the government and special interest groups the raffling off of firearms might not be in their best interest. I know I’ll get some hate on this one but I just don’t think they examined this from all sides.

PS; I miss the auctions the coppers used to have where they would sell all the confiscated guns to the public. Got a couple sweet deals from those but they quit doing that a while ago.

Reactions: Leo

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think the Muncie PD missed a perfect opportunity to decry violence yet still stand up for the legal ownership of firearms by law abiding citizens. Instead, they caved lending more credence to the antis.
    Maybe, but with all the battles police have to fight right now why give your enemies more ammunition to use against you. Like I said, during normal times it probably would have gone unnoticed, but with the current defund the police narrative and all cops are racist killers bs the left are flinging around why put yourselves in another position that needs defending. I praise the original idea, it’s just the timing that caused the issue.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    The officer running the raffle is a outstanding officer, the day this unfolded he received an accommodation for bravery for his heroic effort’s on a call. He isn’t the one that caved it was the ones higher up the food chain.
    I hate it that this is what we as a society have come to, when the cancel culture is now running the show.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Almost hurt myself laughing when I read that the 10/22 was a powerful rifle. I guess if you are a rabbit or squirrel it is, and yes a .22 can be deadly to humans, but that article was a hit piece. That is until Keith_Indy contacted the reporter, who very nicely did make a change.

Reminds me about an article that caused me to contact the TV station. The headline was "Machine Gun Robs Burger King". I asked the reporter if the machine gun actually drove itself to the Burger King and how did it announce a robbery? I also let him know that the DC-9 used might look like a machine gun but seriously doubted it violated the 1934 NFA and 1986 machine gun ban. He apologized and a bit later the article was changed to reflect the truth.

Too bad reporters don't do any research anymore.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Almost hurt myself laughing when I read that the 10/22 was a powerful rifle. I guess if you are a rabbit or squirrel it is, and yes a .22 can be deadly to humans, but that article was a hit piece. That is until Keith_Indy contacted the reporter, who very nicely did make a change.

Reminds me about an article that caused me to contact the TV station. The headline was "Machine Gun Robs Burger King". I asked the reporter if the machine gun actually drove itself to the Burger King and how did it announce a robbery? I also let him know that the DC-9 used might look like a machine gun but seriously doubted it violated the 1934 NFA and 1986 machine gun ban. He apologized and a bit later the article was changed to reflect the truth.

I can see how an editor could slip in “powerful” to bend the narrative and I’ll accept the change in the article as a very small victory in countering the bias.

Here was his response

I will look at that copy if necessary make any corrections. I realize that the Ruger is a 22 caliber or at least advertised a 22 caliber weapon. If what you say occurred I don’t know how it occurred but again I will check the copy and make any necessary changes thank you for your help

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

"Powerful" is a relative term.
    A lowly 10/22 is still "powerful" enough to kill.
    That's all the more "powerful" some need to see/hear to be "triggered".

therewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    United States
    Aren't the gun grabbers painting themselves into a corner? If a pest control rifle and a poodle shooter are "powerful weapons", how are they now to describe something, like, say an AKM, or a AR-10?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Aren't the gun grabbers painting themselves into a corner? If a pest control rifle and a poodle shooter are "powerful weapons", how are they now to describe something, like, say an AKM, or a AR-10?

They will demonize them all. Continuity of mongering is kept throttled based entirely on the rifles outward appearance. It doesn't matter, it "looks scary".

A lot of valid points made. Both arguments have merit. But ultimately, bad timing doesn't justify cowardice. Pandering will not silence them, only make them greedier

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    As long as we allow the leftist to set the narrative without consequences, we will continue to see this kind of thing happening more and more often.

Gotta push back.....càll the paper, police, etc.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Has everyone noticed the "powerful weapons" narrative being pushed now?

The media started using that terminology at the same time, like the phrase has been focus-tested or something.
    What I've noticed is you are no longer allowed to comment on stories to point out the obvious mistakes and bias. It's now all become one sided BS.

Top Bottom