• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a "few" pistols lol. I can bring some. Sounds great! My Super Redhawk 44 mag and the Desert eagle AE50 are fun. I will bring them as well.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I haven't shot the ,454 Casull. I love the bigger cal stuff. My Redhawk has a 9 1/2 inch barrel. It's easy to shoot. The barrel is long and heavy enough it makes the recoil manageable. My 13 year old loves to shoot it. He hasn't shot the DE yet. It scares him a little. I admit it's a handful!

I just looked up the 29. Nice! I don't shoot my Redhawk much. I have thought about trading it off or maybe selling it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's my plan. The die is easy to make. I am going to make a few copies of the flats. Do a few test bends. I have the stuff to make the hole thing. Trunnions and all if I have a epic fail :-( The plan is to make it bolt together. No welding if i don't have to. But plans are subject to change :-)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    After it runs well I will probably weld it but If I messed up on the flat and welded it or miss mounted the trunnion I would have a lot more rescue work. I am not opposed to welding it in general.

It's really cool to see 3 pages of comments on a project before I even start! I need to get my other projects done and get rolling on this. Or I should say bending :-) I need to order some bar stock to make my die and jig from. I am thinking I might do one of these as a carbine and one as a pistol. Probably metal stock and hand gaurd on the Carbine. Tubular like the Sten. And metal had grip on the pistol. I will probably do the grip on the CNC.

It's great to have a smithing area to post this in!

Indy: you should update your Sig line. We won! Well everyone did. I know you fought hard for it for a long time. Thanks!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This project has been sitting for a while. I have had a few life issues get in the way of having some fun :-(.

I have been scrounging for metal to make the bending jig. I picked up some scrap from a buddy today. I have some machining to do. I have to machine the die portion of the jig to the right dimensions. The die needs to be .950 inches wide(the width of the inside of a 10-22 receiver. I need to drill the angle iron and use some all thread and nuts to make the width adjustable. The jig will look and work somewhat like an bending jig AK jig.

This is going to be a scrap yard build. I have left over parts from my 10-22 upgrades. I think I am going to get creative with the stock though. I haven't totally decided yet. I do have a couple of originals. But I think I will do something different. I'll post more progress as it goes. I have no real time frame on this project. I'd like to get some work done while my boy is on spring break.

More to come soon......

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I actually have one left over from an upgrade. But it would be cool to have one to tinker with. PM me with the $$. TY

PM me with the offer. Might take me a while to find it though. I don't know what hole it crawled into, and we are almost done building so a lot of stuff is boxed up.

Top Bottom