• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I picked this interesting project up off of another forum. It's a flat and a front trunnion and a rear bracket. It needs bend. Rails will need to be added. Looks like a fun project. I picked up two.

I have a lot of projects a head of this thing. I don't have a real time frame to complete. I will update as I tinker with it.

First step is to bend the flat. I have a few ideals. Has anyone done one of these? I would not mind few tips/pointers.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I hope it was cheap because the level of precision in the bends is more than I would be capable of. I would think that set up would be for someone with dies and a press to stamp it to final form.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    ^^^What he said.

Looking at the parts, im very intrigued...if i had them in my hands, i could model those parts up and make them...not saying i would, but i could :):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    ^^^What he said.

Looking at the parts, im very intrigued...if i had them in my hands, i could model those parts up and make them...not saying i would, but i could :):

No need to have my parts. I have the drawings :-) PM me and I will share them with you. It's an open source project. I don't know if anyone will do another run of them. I think it was a small run. Most of these were never completed because of the skill's needed. There are many that were completed quiet skillfully.

Some guys made dies to bend. Some guys used breaks. There were lot's of ways to do it. If you belong to weapons guild surf threw the 10-22 builds section for post about the project.

The build is not something the average guy can do. If you can't make another piece to replace a mistake you make then this isn't for you. And these were cheap. I think they were 30-40 dollars. The flats were sold separately so you could fix your mistakes. These were meant to test your skills. Or to develop some :):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I found these in the WTS section on weaponsguld.com site. They were part of a group buy a while back. I don't know if there will be another run of them.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I look forward to seeing this as well! I'd like to build a 10/22 receiver one day, but I'd have to go with a NON-flat build probably! Very unique though!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This flat is not going to be a simple build. I admit that. But then you don't learn a lot from sticking with simple projects. I want to push my self to the next level of gun building. I am sure it won't be pretty but i will do my best to make it function! :-)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Form should always follow function! I'd rather have an ugly gun that shoots, than a pretty paperweight! (Besides, you can always polish the turd later!) I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

I agree. I seldom clean something up till it has many hundreds of rounds threw it. No doubt this will be a challenge to do pretty.

Top Bottom