Please reply by conversation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don’t leave negative feedback. I did once when someone sold me a red dot that wouldn’t zero, he told me “too bad”. He left negative feedback for me in exchange for my negative feedback. Mods said they don’t get involved and I’ve had one negative feedback for about 10 years because of that. Therefore, I don’t leave negative feedback. Why would anyone if they can just leave you negative feedback in consequence?
    People are childish. Petulant minors wearing adult meat suits.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    View attachment 214181
    Yeah. I think this will speak for itself.

This is exactly why people SHOULD leave feedback, IMO. At LEAST positive feedback. Because when some douchecanoe leaves a disgruntled/vindictive negative after THEY screwed up and got dinged, and it seems to be the wild anomaly compared to 140 positives, it’s pretty clear that’s an outlier. As a buyer I might ask for your story on what gives, but unless somebody suddenly woke up and joined the Dark Side, I tend to assume that one negative is no factor.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    You look up a potential buyer/seller and look at their feedback. Any negative feedback you look up the giver and look up their feedback. If they both gave each other negative feedback look at other feedback. A person with 1 bad review given by someone they gave a bad review to, and the rest would not bother me. But someone who has many bad reviews relating to bad reviews they have given would be a big red flag.
    I guess what I am saying is risk a retaliatory review.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    are you the accused turd who has been ghosting good people after making supposed deals here in the classifieds? Sure, I'll meet you at 1800 tonight at the Walmart on county li e road and I65. Cash in hand.
    Ethan says, "Lol never ghosted anyone, he wanted to meet at 8am not even 30 minutes away from where he lived. I simply overslept and did not make it there by 8am. I woke up to a thread of him claiming I ghosted him and he did a 50+ mile trip or whatever he said. When in reality he didn't waste very much gas and if he would have just waited for a response from me instead of making a thread this and that, I would've made up the difference for oversleeping but he was not reasonable at all."
    Uh-huh. Tell me more.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    lindsey-stirling-popcorn.gif

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ethan says, "Lol never ghosted anyone, he wanted to meet at 8am not even 30 minutes away from where he lived. I simply overslept and did not make it there by 8am. I woke up to a thread of him claiming I ghosted him and he did a 50+ mile trip or whatever he said. When in reality he didn't waste very much gas and if he would have just waited for a response from me instead of making a thread this and that, I would've made up the difference for oversleeping but he was not reasonable at all."
    Uh-huh. Tell me more.
    Lol.

I didn't ghost him, I just no-showed without telling him first because I couldn't be bothered to show up on time.

That's different.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Uh-huh. Tell me more.

If that reply is legit from him:

“I never ghosted anyone…” -Yeah he did. First he didn’t show up on time, then didn’t show up at ALL, then didn’t text or message a reply explaining what happened. That’s called ghosting.

“…he didn’t waste very much gas…” -The fact that he wasted any at all is the problem. Then factor in his time. If it was a “not even 30min drive,” then let’s assume a 20min drive. Do that round trip and now it’s 40min. Factor in waiting for ol’ Ethan for 15-20min, and now it’s an hour of wasted time and probably at least 2gal of gas minimum. That’s still waste, and I’d be pretty bent about it too if I was in the OP’s shoes. Heck, I’ve been ghosted before where I only lost ~20min of my time and drove maybe 8-10mi round trip and it still sucked!

Add in his refusal to show up and explain/defend himself publicly when he’s well aware of the thread, and the guy’s not someone I’ll ever be dealing with in the future unless he makes a drastic 180 somehow.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A bit of unsolicited advice for @Ethanm317:

And don't forget no text or message here later apologizing. Mistakes happen. If you own them its excusable. But if you just dont show and never contact or respond to the other person again? That sir is the definition of ghosting.

"Ghosting (behavior) Ghosting, also known as simmering or icing, is a colloquial term which describes the practice of ending all communication and contact with another person without any apparent warning or justification and subsequently ignoring any attempts to reach out or communication made by said person"

A simple "Sorry dude, I overslept. I am sooooo sorry. Do you want to try again?" would have been the right thing to do. But according to multiple sources, those follow-ups never happened. This isnt a one-off, dude! Stop acting like it is.

And by not trying to follow up we just have to assume you changed your mind, found a buyer willing to give more, etc. Which is fine I guess. Just be an adult and own it and communicate it.

/rant

ETA: I’ve had similar error happen. But I contacted them, apologized and we made another plan. so I’m not trying to say I’m perfect of my :poop: doesn’t stink.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If that reply is legit from him:

“I never ghosted anyone…” -Yeah he did. First he didn’t show up on time, then didn’t show up at ALL, then didn’t text or message a reply explaining what happened. That’s called ghosting.

“…he didn’t waste very much gas…” -The fact that he wasted any at all is the problem. Then factor in his time. If it was a “not even 30min drive,” then let’s assume a 20min drive. Do that round trip and now it’s 40min. Factor in waiting for ol’ Ethan for 15-20min, and now it’s an hour of wasted time and probably at least 2gal of gas minimum. That’s still waste, and I’d be pretty bent about it too if I was in the OP’s shoes. Heck, I’ve been ghosted before where I only lost ~20min of my time and drove maybe 8-10mi round trip and it still sucked!

Add in his refusal to show up and explain/defend himself publicly when he’s well aware of the thread, and the guy’s not someone I’ll ever be dealing with in the future unless he makes a drastic 180 somehow.
    No worries. The staff has locked him out of the classifieds.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom