Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I may be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think this is the first time his name has come up regarding Ghosting.

Nope. Not wrong.

@churchmouse @Bigtanker, etc. Given the whole point of how this is a board first and classifieds second, and the whole point of that being so we can know who we are dealing with and know they are upstanding, is there a point that staff revokes classifieds privileges due to bad behavior?

I'm seeing a bad pattern here.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    @churchmouse @Bigtanker, etc. Given the whole point of how this is a board first and classifieds second, and the whole point of that being so we can know who we are dealing with and know they are upstanding, is there a point that staff revokes classifieds privileges due to bad behavior?

This is always a touchy subject because there are two sides to the story and we rarely know both. And even more rare to know who's telling the truth.

As long as no rules are broken, we stay out of disputes such at this. There are very rare exceptions.

Leave feedback in the members profile. If they are an issue, the member looking to deal with them will be informed and they can make the decision from there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is always a touchy subject because there are two sides to the story and we rarely know both. And even more rare to know who's telling the truth.

As long as no rules are broken, we stay out of disputes such at this. There are very rare exceptions.

Leave feedback in the members profile. If they are an issue, the member looking to deal with them will be informed and they can make the decision from there.
    Thanks. Just curious is all.
    Looked at his feedback again. Looks like @edporch forgot to give him negative feedback for his ghosting. I'd recommend OP do the same. If I had just looked at his feedback I'd think he's G2G. Apparently not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And I may be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think this is the first time his name has come up regarding Ghosting.

Nope. Not wrong.

Like BT stated we can leave feedback.
    Staff tries to stay clear of some of the playground fights we are made aware of due to members not following through. Its hard to moderate fairly as I have in the past gotten caught up in a couple of girly men in a cat fight over ammo in hard times. And I wish there were more we could do when members ghost us and fail on their end to ship items paid for. The full extent of our involvement is the hammer. It is a tool we do not have to use like we used to but it is the biggest tool in the drawer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Like BT stated we can leave feedback.
    Staff tries to stay clear of some of the playground fights we are made aware of due to members not following through. Its hard to moderate fairly as I have in the past gotten caught up in a couple of girly men in a cat fight over ammo in hard times. And I wish there were more we could do when members ghost us and fail on their end to ship items paid for. The full extent of our involvement is the hammer. It is a tool we do not have to use like we used to but it is the biggest tool in the drawer.
    Very well stated CM. INGO provides a classifieds section. Outside what is posted in the threads (the moderate part) the classies are more the facilitate part of INGO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    @Ethanm317 should at least appear and give his excuses.
    I think two such incidences is pretty good evidence that he is someone to avoid.
    TWO separate ghostings moths apart is beyond explanation in my opinion. No excuse.

At least text and say "sorry, I cant make it", or "I changed my mind". Be an adult and have some respect for whom you are meeting and don't make them waste their time. Its incredibly rude and disrespectful.

EDIT: And its just a text. Its not like you have to talk to them or look them in the eye. Its not difficult to apologize via text since its just words on a screen.

gonebad395

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Highland
    I know I’m new here but not new to forums and buying and selling on them. He also only has like nine post and all are in the classified section. Not saying it’s a immediate red flag but it’s a yellow for sure. I hope this was a honest screw up and has a good explanation but in my experiences it almost always shows a negative trend. Hope all works out for you op.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    My 2¢, so take it for it’s worth.

Dude’s ghosted on two separate occasions, this one costing the OP probably $20+ in gas plus his time. He’s been tagged in this thread, which will generate a notification that he’s been mentioned. If he also ghosts this thread and fails to issue an explanation and/or apology to MrBunky and the INGO community for flaking, then I think that’s strike three and he gets a classified access ban for a set period of time (three months, maybe?). That’s how I’d do it.

Wasting an hour and a half of someone’s time, $20+ in gas, plus wear/tear on their vehicle is nothing to sneeze at.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My 2¢, so take it for it’s worth.

Dude’s ghosted on two separate occasions, this one costing the OP probably $20+ in gas plus his time. He’s been tagged in this thread, which will generate a notification that he’s been mentioned. If he also ghosts this thread and fails to issue an explanation and/or apology to MrBunky and the INGO community for flaking, then I think that’s strike three and he gets a classified access ban for a set period of time (three months, maybe?). That’s how I’d do it.

Wasting an hour and a half of someone’s time, $20+ in gas, plus wear/tear on their vehicle is nothing to sneeze at.
    The mods already spoke on their decision to keep out of it. I respect that decision, and would encourage anyone to do a quick search of who they are dealing with before making deals with anyone. Anyone who searches his name will find this thread and can decide if they want to risk it or not. I, however, will place him on ignore so i dont have to see his bs. I dont use the classifieds, but id rather not have discussions with people of his character anyway.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom