d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This!! @mrbunky , @bowhunter_1978 and @edporch let him have it in the feedback!
    This ^^^^^

This thread will die and no one will see it in a few days.

The feedback stats are there for a reason. They are there to help potential buyers/sellers/traders make an informed decision when dealing with someone. Please use it!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    The mods already spoke on their decision to keep out of it. I respect that decision, and would encourage anyone to do a quick search of who they are dealing with before making deals with anyone. Anyone who searches his name will find this thread and can decide if they want to risk it or not. I, however, will place him on ignore so i dont have to see his bs. I dont use the classifieds, but id rather not have discussions with people of his character anyway.

I understand that. But repeated offenses combined with a weak “we don’t wanna intervene” approach will allow this kind of cancer to spread, and it’ll kill the forum. I’ve seen it twice before with local forums in other states…

Perhaps my approach is too strong-handed for merely ghosting, true. If it eacalates to outright stealing/fraud, or something else, THEN action needs to be taken, IMO. But at LEAST leave this dude some negative feedback, he’s still at 100% positive with only one feedback left. That’s ridiculous.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I understand that. But repeated offenses combined with a weak “we don’t wanna intervene” approach will allow this kind of cancer to spread, and it’ll kill the forum. I’ve seen it twice before with local forums in other states…

Perhaps my approach is too strong-handed for merely ghosting, true. If it eacalates to outright stealing/fraud, or something else, THEN action needs to be taken, IMO. But at LEAST leave this dude some negative feedback, he’s still at 100% positive with only one feedback left. That’s ridiculous.
    You should be leaving it too...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. Negative feedback folks. Yeah, you may think it’s no big deal or you don’t want to sound like a whiner, but here we have a user that had you documented your bad experience and been truthful, you might have saved the next guy’s time and gas money.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's one way to look at it from where I sit:

Fraud/scams: we will ban the fraudster/scammer permanently; period, dot, end of statement.

Things that do not rise to fraud/scams including: ghosting, withdrawing a "we have a deal" because of a better offer, and yes "I just don't want to sell to you for any reason imaginable including I just won't sell it to you" : Feedback from those who have dealt with the individual is the best route here. It lets others know who they are dealing with.

The staff here are volunteers. INGO nor the staff members receive a buyers/sellers/any kind of premium as a result of sales in the classifieds. There is no "10% for the big guy" here. If things involving the posted thread meet the rules? We're good. This is an ad in the newspaper, not a consignment sale.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom