• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I agree. It shouldn’t be partisan. It shouldn’t be ideological. It shouldn’t be identitarian. But I’m sure he thinks his side is the pragmatists rather than than the idealists.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Obama:
    “Instead of thinking about it in a very pragmatic way, we end up really arguing about identity and emotion and all kinds of stuff that does not have to do with keeping our children safe,” he added."

I agree with him. We should think about it in a pragmatic way. Here is my list of practical actions.
    • Let's agree that banning guns will have no more impact on shootings then banning hereon does on addiction. Hell, we can't even keep hereon out of prisons.
    • Offer Eddy Eagle or a similar program in every elementary school
    • Let's agree the trauma and shock after a mass shooting makes it absolutely the wrong time to write new legislation.
    • Prosecute straw purchaser and those that intentionally lie on the NICS form.
    • 50% of murders go unsolved. Stop prosecuting victimless crimes to free up police to catch violent offenders.
    • Keep violent offenders behind bars.
    • End gun free zones
    • Mass shootings are a small fraction of gun deaths. Most deaths occur in urban postal codes. Restore police departments, honor good officers and beef up coverage in high crime areas.
    I thought of a few more but they're a bit too controversial to be considered immediately practical.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Reparations shouldn't be partisan, either. It should be roundly criticized as a dumbass idea by all sides of the political spectrum.

He's just mad because Republicans have an "identity issue" of their own, and Democrats are supposed to have a monopoly on that.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Barry has always been my first choice to decide what is partisan and what isn't. He mistakenly believes his opinion is, or was ever relevant. My advice to BHO would be to sequester himself and his lovely wife in their palatial beach house in the Vinyard and stop trying to tell us peons what is best for us.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Obama:
    “Instead of thinking about it in a very pragmatic way, we end up really arguing about identity and emotion and all kinds of stuff that does not have to do with keeping our children safe,” he added."

I agree with him. We should think about it in a pragmatic way. Here is my list of practical actions.
    • Let's agree that banning guns will have no more impact on shootings then banning hereon does on addiction. Hell, we can't even keep hereon out of prisons.
    • Offer Eddy Eagle or a similar program in every elementary school
    • Let's agree the trauma and shock after a mass shooting makes it absolutely the wrong time to write new legislation.
    • Prosecute straw purchaser and those that intentionally lie on the NICS form.
    • 50% of murders go unsolved. Stop prosecuting victimless crimes to free up police to catch violent offenders.
    • Keep violent offenders behind bars.
    • End gun free zones
    • Mass shootings are a small fraction of gun deaths. Most deaths occur in urban postal codes. Restore police departments, honor good officers and beef up coverage in high crime areas.
    I thought of a few more but they're a bit too controversial to be considered immediately practical.
    Don’t they cram sex education down our children‘s throats claiming it will help prevent early sex pregnancies?

Let’s do the same with firearms.

Top Bottom