OPEN INGO SHOOT APRIL 17 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don has once again opened up the SOUTH Valley at his range to INGO for a FREE Open Shoot on Sunday April 17 2016 Between 11AM and 5PM.

The fall shoot last year was pretty light, but we had a LOT of fun. Don allows stuff that most ranges dont (for this event only), like tannerite and organics (watermelons, etc) as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. Proteq is an awesome facility, and worth the drive.

Warthog normally organizes these, but seeing as how he has been under the weather lately with some health issues, I took the liberty of picking up the torch and running with it. Hopefully he is feeling well enough soon to take over for me, or at least come out and shoot with us. We miss ya buddy!

Proteq is just north of Brazil, IN in the eastern part of the state.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...2!3m1!1s0x886d14471c5207f9:0x58a5ce5a4ba582a2
    proteq.us (I'll post signs from the SR59 approach)

BEWARE SOME GPS UNITS PLACE YOU ON THE OPPOSITE END OF THE COUNTY. If your GPS tells you to exit the interstate at 231/Cloverdale it is wrong. (ask me how I know :):)

What to do?

We will be in the SOUTH valley. The entrance to the south valley is on 300W just south of 1200N.
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy South Valley

• NFA items are allowed. Just make sure you are safe and watch the muzzle rise. Safety first!
    • There will be a post mounted thrower. So bring your clays and your shotguns!
    • We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and a couple target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. You can bring your steel targets, spinners, etc as well. Just use them safely. (It wouldnt hurt to bring your own target stands if you dont want to shoot the full 150)
    • There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
    • There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.
    I may have some "competition" targets and my shot timer for some friendly fun for those interested in a challenge.

Here are the rules we are expected to follow. You will be expected to sign a range release upon arrival, but the normal guest fee does not apply for this day only.
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy Rules

Be prepared to clean up after yourself. Don has lots of tarps available to lay down in order to catch your brass and make cleanup easier. Please use them. Please also be prepared to police downrange for unbroken/barely broken clays if you use the thrower. (Don doesnt want large chunks (1/2 a clay or larger) left behind when he cuts the grass... plus we can put them downrange to shoot with our rifles)

Burnable trash can be left in the barrels. (cardboard, paper, etc) Garbage and non burnable trash be prepared to take it home with you.

So roll call. Who's in?

EDIT 3/19: People are starting to post what they are bringing. If you see something that Piques your interest, courtesy would be to bring some ammo to run through it. They may decline your offer of ammo donation but it doesnt hurt to arrive prepared.
    Also I'll have a roll of white paper if anyone wants to pattern their shotgun.

EDIT 4/8: Bring tables, chairs, and target stands, as well as anything YOU need for yourself. There are some permanent stands under the pistol canopy, and some out at the 150 line for rifle.

EDIT 4/14: I just returned from OH and brought back two 325 Federal Automatch boxes for anyone that needs some. I'll let them go at my cost of $20 each. ($18.50 is actual cost after tax, but I really dont feel like making change)

If anyone has any additional suggestions, speak up!

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don's comments:

From the horse's mouth from the original thread:

Good Description Indy. The address (GPS) for the range is 3057 West County Road 1200 North Brazil, IN 47834. The range's physical location is 2 miles North and 2 miles West of Brazil Indiana. Brazil is on US 40 just north of I-70 - 15 miles East of Terre Haute. If you get to Clay County it's hard to find some one that has not heard about the Range. Ask and your likely to get some local directions to that NOISY place outside of town especially if you ask Law Enforcement - They ALL shoot here.

All ages are welcome - If you bring a minor your are responsible for that minor. I LOVE seeing adults bringing young people out so they can learn how to shoot safely.
    All calibers will be accommodated, but we might have to be extra careful with that 105 - - HAHA
    If you want to shoot stages on the Cowboy Range, bring your LEAD BULLET Pistol Reloads. Those steel cowboy targets are close and FMJ is dangerous.
    Be SURE you have eye and ear protection for EVERYONE with you.
    Your NFA weapons are welcome - As LONG as you control muzzle rise and impact the berm.
    Certainly you need to clean up well and if you want your brass for reloading take it. I'd like to have the remainder.
    If you want a cookout - go for it, just clean up. There are a few tables and chairs available.

Everybody will have to sign in and out. This is a NO CHARGE event. I will be advertising it on my website as an OPEN HOUSE sponsored by INGO. ALL will be welcome (members & non-members of INGO). I will be collecting Names, Phone numbers, and Email Addresses, so I can follow up, and encourage those attending to JOIN ProTEQ.

I hope Warthog gets better soon and can get involved. He was the spark that started it.

You've been GREAT on the place before. I look forward to seeing ALL of you again.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I'll be a definite maybe. It's hard for me to plan one day to the next but I would love to attend.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Subscribing? Really? Just ask Peggy Bundy if you can bring your birthday present with you. :laugh:

Im not just here to ridicule. I will be there barring any unforeseen problems. See. I took a stand, almost.

Nine days too early! :D

That date sounds familiar like I already have something planned (or Peggy does, I'm not sure).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Nine days too early! :D

That date sounds familiar like I already have something planned (or Peggy does, I'm not sure).

I understand completely. This date is getting awfully close to boating season. I could be doomed.

I'll share if Peggy doesn't let you bring yours.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I understand completely. This date is getting awfully close to boating season. I could be doomed.

Guy at work had his boat with him in the parking lot today. I figured it was time for the boat slips on Monroe to open or he was getting ready to go on spring break. Sometimes, I'd love to have a boat.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I will be there.

I'll probably bring a couple of pop cans, fruit and other small reactive targets we can plink at.

After seeing everyone struggling to hit the tanerite last year, I'd say a 6 pack should last all day.

And if anybody has a grill they wanna bring, I'll supply a few dozen hot dogs and buns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I will be there.

I'll probably bring a couple of pop cans, fruit and other small reactive targets we can plink at.

After seeing everyone struggling to hit the tanerite last year, I'd say a 6 pack should last all day.

And if anybody has a grill they wanna bring, I'll supply a few dozen hot dogs and buns.

Everyone? I hit it second shot!:):

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm going to try and be there...I'm part of a raffle drawing for a m&p15, so maybe I'll have a new toy to play with...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've begun consultations with my roommate about coming over.

And since ProTeq is advertising it as an "open house", I will see if one of my good buddies, who lives in Brzil, will come with me. He's been kicking around the idea of getting his LTCH as well as a firearm or two.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've begun consultations with my roommate about coming over.

And since ProTeq is advertising it as an "open house", I will see if one of my good buddies, who lives in Brzil, will come with me. He's been kicking around the idea of getting his LTCH as well as a firearm or two.

Affirmative. It is primarily an INGO thing, but it is also open to the general public as well.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It's very generous of ProTEQ to open their range to us and I appreciate it. I've never been to this range and don't know much about it so I have a couple of questions. Is tracer and incendiary ammo ok? They make up a large portion of the ammo that I have for my full auto, Garand, and 50 BMG rifle. What targets are available that are suitable for 50 BMG on the 150 yard rifle range? I don't want to tear anything up that shouldn't be torn up.

I'll have to check with the GF about the date, but this would be my/our first INGO shoot or meet so I'm really hoping to go. :ingo:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's very generous of ProTEQ to open their range to us and I appreciate it. I've never been to this range and don't know much about it so I have a couple of questions. Is tracer and incendiary ammo ok? They make up a large portion of the ammo that I have for my full auto, Garand, and 50 BMG rifle. What targets are available that are suitable for 50 BMG on the 150 yard rifle range? I don't want to tear anything up that shouldn't be torn up.

I'll have to check with the GF about the date, but this would be my/our first INGO shoot or meet so I'm really hoping to go. :ingo:

I would email Don directly with those questions because he doesnt get on here much, and is at the height of his busy season. ddb40@hughes.net

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    In +1. Mrs. X has her own guns and wanted to tag along. Haven't decided what to bring. If you want to start the smorgasboard list we have a few:
    Ruger 10/22
    Savage MK II FVT
    Garand
    1903 Springfield
    K98 Mauser
    K31 Swiss
    Mosin 91/30 and M44
    WASR
    SKS
    Various ARs
    Beretta 92G
    Springfield XD Mod. 2 in 9mm and .45 ACP
    M&P Performance Center 9mm CORE
    Plenty of paper targets and some Tannerite.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont have anything spectacular, but if anyone wants a go...

10/22 x2 (Scoped hogue overmold and adjustable Axiom stock w irons for the kiddos)
    Kimber 1911 full size
    Stoeger Condor 12GA O/U (i'm running low so bring shells if you want to shoot some clays)
    Mossberg 500A (12GA)
    Glock 19
    Glock 42
    AR-15
    Ruger P-89
    Webley MK-IV (only if I can find more .38 S&W)
    Ruger 22/45

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll have-

10" Ruger MKII
    10/22 w/ bx25 trigger
    XDm 5.25 9mm
    XDs 4" 9mm
    9 shot Taurus 22 revolver

Might bring my Moss 500 for some clay action.

Top Bottom