OPEN INGO SHOOT APRIL 17 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That is the FIRST time THAT has ever happened. :):

But seriously, that lady has some chops. Wow.

Hope she helped narrow down her carry piece after trying various pistols. Thats the great part of these shoots, so much to try, with so many gracious people.

I had a blast, and it was great to see Warthog vertical and ornery as usual. Even Robbymaq kept his promise and showed up sans-pants. Thank God he left the ban hammer at home.

But here is the only downside; Brass policing wasnt the best. I'm sure most picked up their stuff throughout the day, but there was a LOT of brass left at the end of the day after everything was packed up and the range was cold. And the blue poly cased stuff on the transition range? There was a LOT left behind. (maybe it just seemed like alot because it was so obvious? but being so obvious, well...:dunno:) Several of us picked it all up to make sure we left the range as we found it, but we all need to do better in the fall. Don was very gracious, and I'd hate for us to lose our invitation in the future due to our inability to pick up after ourselves. But on the plus side, the tannerite/veggie mess at the berm was pretty well contained/cleaned up. Thanks!

Looking forward to the fall shoot*, and seeing more fresh faces out there. (Im looking at you Mouse!) YAY :ingo:!

*(the actual date has not been published, and all we know at this time is is "September")

The blue "brass" was mine. I was getting everything loaded into the car when you were getting that picked up apparently. By the time we came back over to get it, you had already got everything. So, sorry and thanks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is the FIRST time THAT has ever happened. :):

But seriously, that lady has some chops. Wow.

Hope she helped narrow down her carry piece after trying various pistols. Thats the great part of these shoots, so much to try, with so many gracious people.

I had a blast, and it was great to see Warthog vertical and ornery as usual. Even Robbymaq kept his promise and showed up sans-pants. Thank God he left the ban hammer at home.

But here is the only downside; Brass policing wasnt the best. I'm sure most picked up their stuff throughout the day, but there was a LOT of brass left at the end of the day after everything was packed up and the range was cold. And the blue poly cased stuff on the transition range? There was a LOT left behind. (maybe it just seemed like alot because it was so obvious? but being so obvious, well...:dunno:) Several of us picked it all up to make sure we left the range as we found it, but we all need to do better in the fall. Don was very gracious, and I'd hate for us to lose our invitation in the future due to our inability to pick up after ourselves. But on the plus side, the tannerite/veggie mess at the berm was pretty well contained/cleaned up. Thanks!

Looking forward to the fall shoot*, and seeing more fresh faces out there. (Im looking at you Mouse!) YAY :ingo:!

*(the actual date has not been published, and all we know at this time is is "September")

I was 150 miles east of you all day. :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The blue "brass" was mine. I was getting everything loaded into the car when you were getting that picked up apparently. By the time we came back over to get it, you had already got everything. So, sorry and thanks.

No worries. Your blue ones were a drop in the bucket. Most of them were at the main line.

I think for the fall if we bring NFA we might want to bring more tarps. Don has some, but not enough to cover an even that big with that many shooters.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I noticed no tarps, so picked up brass after each stint.
    I didn't pick up anything other than .223 cuz I didn't want to steal anyone elses brass

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No worries. Your blue ones were a drop in the bucket. Most of them were at the main line.

I think for the fall if we bring NFA we might want to bring more tarps. Don has some, but not enough to cover an even that big with that many shooters.

Last time I came, I brought big tarps, but a certain INGO member, who shall not be named, is holding them for ransom. Apparently after you get 100,000 posts, there's nothing left to do other than start a tarp collection. :laugh:

I do apologize for not staying to help clean up. A sincere thank you to those that did, and to Don for hosting us.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Argh! I'm so sorry cbhausen and I couldn't make it. His wife's grandma passed away and I ended up sitting their house and dogs while they attended her memorial service.

Scuba591, that lefty Tavor should be at the Crawfordsville Revere's Riders event this Sunday (barring any unforeseen circumstances). We have 100 yards there. If you want to give it a try you should consider attending! The full distance shooting is always a great conclusion to the two days of instruction at these events.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom