• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I just found an android app for my phone that I will use in a LEO encounter. It's called UStream and I got it from the android market for free.

Just download the app, create an account on the app (or website USTREAM, You're On. Free LIVE VIDEO Streaming, Online Broadcasts. Create webcasts, video chat, stream videos on the Internet. Live streaming videos, TV shows ) and you're good to go! (Unless you're technologically challenged).

This app streams whatever you record on your phone LIVE to the website and you can save the recording on that website. So even if the LEOs take your phone for evidence, you still have a copy of the encounter on the website!

I have no ties to this company nor am I spamming the INGO boards.....just thought some of you may find this helpful! I tried it out and it works well. :rockwoot:

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    It is legal to record them in a public place. One party must be aware of the conversation being recorded (YOU are that person). It is perfectly legal to start recording when a LEO detains you or pulls you over. There are no Indiana laws against in-person recording, but it doesn't hurt to inform the officer that you are audio and video recording them.

Indiana Recording Law | Citizen Media Law Project

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    You can't record two other people having a phone conversation without their consent, but you CAN record your conversation with someone else with just your own consent. As far as I know, you can record any conversation that takes place in a public setting without expectation of privacy.

"Can We Tape?"

Just know that many LEOs will not like the fact that they are being recorded. But I would rather ensure my own safety and keep everyone honest and document the conversation.....just in case.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Doesn't mean that the cops won't take your phone and smash it or arrest you anyway. It happens. Some don't mind being recorded and some mind a great deal. Plenty of stories out there on the matter.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I thought it was illegal to record an
    Leo?

This has been covered ad nauseum on INGO. Indiana is a single party state. That means as long as ONE PARTY know that the conversation is being recorded, it is perfectly legal. There is no stipulation that you can't record LEO, Congressman, or Clergy, etc.

swilk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Doesn't mean that the cops won't take your phone and smash it or arrest you anyway. It happens. Some don't mind being recorded and some mind a great deal. Plenty of stories out there on the matter.

Cool thing about ustream is it is already streaming to your account on the ustream server. Automatically archived as soon as the feed is stopped .... there is literally no way for the content of what has been recorded to be destroyed.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Cool thing about ustream is it is already streaming to your account on the ustream server. Automatically archived as soon as the feed is stopped .... there is literally no way for the content of what has been recorded to be destroyed.

Exactly! The video you are recording is instantly being transferred to the Ustream servers as you record. Even if they smash your phone....you still have the video of them saved.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It varies by state, either one or two party. In a one party state, like IN, only one of the parties to the conversation needs to consent to the recording, whereas the other need not even be informed. In two party states, both parties to the actual conversation must positively consent. Can't think there would be a zero party state where no consent would be required.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It mildly annoys me that folks think they need to "keep LEOs honest". Why not break out that fancy phone at McDonalds to make sure the clerk doesn't forget your frenchfries or short you on your change.....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why not break out that fancy phone at McDonalds to make sure the clerk doesn't forget your frenchfries or short you on your change.....

Because the McDonald's clerk cannot put me in jail, falsely claim that I was going 62 in a 50 or point a pistol at a jogger or mom with stroller, or, even worse, at me in Broad Ripple?:dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It mildly annoys me that folks think they need to "keep LEOs honest". Why not break out that fancy phone at McDonalds to make sure the clerk doesn't forget your frenchfries or short you on your change.....
    The guy at McDonald's doesn't have the power to ruin your life, violate your rights or kill you. Video is a two way street. It keeps cops honest and helps keep the story straight for both parties.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Because even if they jack up your order on purpose, your rights are still undisturbed and there will be no permanent record of the incident that you were a victim of and it wont cost thousands to rectify the situation. Police hold alot of authority and there definately must be a checks and balances system in place. Since we cannot count on the police to police themselves it is up to the citizens of this nation to do so. Just as it was intended to be by our forefathers. In the words of the LEO's I see on TV, "If you arent doing anything wrong then you shouldnt have a problem with it."

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't need an app, I use my Jedi mind powers to keep my servants in line.

(Not just public servants, I literally mean everyone else who is not me.) :D

Top Bottom