• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Wow.........this thread has definitely drifted from where I started it at! I think comparing LEOs to Nazis is pretty ridiculous. They have a job to do just like anyone else. Most do it well. Obviously there are a few that like to intimidate and abuse their power, but there are people in other jobs that do the same. Bottom line is this: most people are good people.....some aren't. I respect police because they put their life on the line daily because they want to make our communities safer. I don't video every encounter, but if there comes a time that I think I'm being intimidated or my rights are being infringed upon.....the camera will come out so I can document what is taking place.

That might have been a better introductory paragraph to your initial post.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    The east gets all the good stuff, too. The CRT's, SRT's, motorcycles when you had them, even the V-100 is with the east guy's.

We don't have much at all now. Guys usually don't want the East side because of all of the traffic (accidents) and malls (shoplifting). But we also have the some of the worse housing housing developments. We have the youngest people on the department (2nd shift). I like it because I like to keep busy and I don't like getting up at 4:30 a.m. (does that time really exist). With the meth problems housing, traffic, shoplifters we are busy from the time we get to work until we go home. Also throw in the domestic problems and anything else you can imagine, it's tough.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We don't have much at all now. Guys usually don't want the East side because of all of the traffic (accidents) and malls (shoplifting). But we also have the some of the worse housing housing developments. We have the youngest people on the department (2nd shift). I like it because I like to keep busy and I don't like getting up at 4:30 a.m. (does that time really exist). With the meth problems housing, traffic, shoplifters we are busy from the time we get to work until we go home. Also throw in the domestic problems and anything else you can imagine, it's tough.

I'm confused, if none of the officer's want to deal with traffic accidents and various forms of criminal low lifes, what exactly do these police officer's expect their job to entail? Not to sound anti-police or anything, but do they want to just sleep in their cars and harass law abiding citizens who won't fight back all day? If they don't want to deal with crime, I'll happily take the commando off their hands.:rockwoot:

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I have been pulled over numerous times and had other interactions with police and I have never met one that was trying to ruin my life. For anyone who has had their life ruined by a cop can you give me your first hand insight as to what happened?

PS: To all the cops on here, thanks for your service.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm confused, if none of the officer's want to deal with traffic accidents and various forms of criminal low lifes, what exactly do these police officer's expect their job to entail? Not to sound anti-police or anything, but do they want to just sleep in their cars and harass law abiding citizens who won't fight back all day? If they don't want to deal with crime, I'll happily take the commando off their hands.:rockwoot:
    Accidents can be a PITA and basically we are secretaries for insurance companies.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Didn't say that in those terms. Doing accidents or locking up a shoplifter involves a lot of paperwork that keeps them busy. A shoplifter could keep an officer off the street for upwards to two hours. The guys aren't lazy. We go from one run to the next. I myself usually have about ten runs per night and usually get to sit down to a meal once every other week.

P.S. I don't think that I've had a complaint from a citizen this year that has complained about harrassment.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    There are others out there but one of the officers I know on the dept. here in Evansville carries this one I believe (uzi brand anyway). Smith and Wesson (as well as some other manufacturers) make a similar model.

Amazon.com: UZI Law Cam PD99 HD Mini DV Camera with 4B MICRO SD card !!: Camera & Photo

I recommend both leo's and citizens have one or something like it and not just for LEO/Civilian encounters. Comes in handy when dealing with rude business employees, people causing problems, as well as those "funniest home video" moments when you wish you had something right then.

Top Bottom