• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This is interesting. In this thread we have gone from public recording, to swimming in money, to the Supreme Court, vegetables vs. fruits and then pizza. I can't forget tanks. What next?

The only thing missing to make this thread complete, is BACON!

There, I said it.

Mods, please close this thread now, we're done.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Well, I hate the black military look the EPD has now, how about that?:D

It wasn't for me to decide. The look has gone out to several departments. I liked the white with the different color blue stripes. It was somethine unique to the department. The black will be hot during the summer time. But as long as my 1999 Crown Vic's A/C works, I am happy.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It wasn't for me to decide. The look has gone out to several departments. I liked the white with the different color blue stripes. It was somethine unique to the department. The black will be hot during the summer time. But as long as my 1999 Crown Vic's A/C works, I am happy.

Spoiled brat.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, don't buy the entire tank platoon, just an IFV and use the rest of the money to buy walking shoes for the cops. No more cars, no more expense and you cut down on health care costs.

Do I have to solve all the problems? C'mon, geez.:laugh:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, don't buy the entire tank platoon, just an IFV and use the rest of the money to buy walking shoes for the cops. No more cars, no more expense and you cut down on health care costs.

I would LOVE to have a walking beat. Sadly, the residents of the beat that I am the only car for would not like it...12sq miles on foot hampers response times ;)

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Maybe I'm naive but almost all encounters with LEO's I've ever had were good, or great. I have had friends who were LEO's and I liked them very much. I have NEVER gone into an encounter with one thinking I'm going to get screwed. I like cops, I wanted to be one till I got too old and fat to be one ( if I had the chance now I would be one in a heartbeat) and I think they have a hard job and they try their best. Are there creeps....yes, are there dishonest cops...yes, but by and large they are good guys, and until I'm proven wrong I will believe that. I prefer to think that someone goes into that work to help people, not mistreat people. I guess I live in a dream world where cops are good......of course I've never been stopped in Il, California, or other commie states. To me the glass is Half-full!!!!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

I do need a new pair of converse. 10.5. I have to have a pair that I can put a shine on the toes. My car is also seen its' better days. 1999 Crown Vic.

Come on down and set our people straight.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I would LOVE to have a walking beat. Sadly, the residents of the beat that I am the only car for would not like it...12sq miles on foot hampers response times ;)

I cover 5 beats. 4 miles long and about 3 miles wide. It wouldn't be bad to have a housing district to walk though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do need a new pair of converse. 10.5. I have to have a pair that I can put a shine on the toes. My car is also seen its' better days. 1999 Crown Vic.

Come on down and set our people straight.

Jeez... 1999? I'd still trade you a newer crappy Impala for a Vic

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Wow.........this thread has definitely drifted from where I started it at! I think comparing LEOs to Nazis is pretty ridiculous. They have a job to do just like anyone else. Most do it well. Obviously there are a few that like to intimidate and abuse their power, but there are people in other jobs that do the same. Bottom line is this: most people are good people.....some aren't. I respect police because they put their life on the line daily because they want to make our communities safer. I don't video every encounter, but if there comes a time that I think I'm being intimidated or my rights are being infringed upon.....the camera will come out so I can document what is taking place.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    What exactly is a "beat?"

What we have done is we have broken down the city in to three sectors (East, West and South). Each sector has "beats" in it. They change from time to time. Theoretically each beat represents the same level of crime as the next. You could heve a big beat or a small one but the ammount of crime in it is about the same as the next. The smaller the beat, the more crime.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    What we have done is we have broken down the city in to three sectors (East, West and South). Each sector has "beats" in it. They change from time to time. Theoretically each beat represents the same level of crime as the next. You could heve a big beat or a small one but the ammount of crime in it is about the same as the next. The smaller the beat, the more crime.

So, the north is free to do as they please? :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Jeez... 1999? I'd still trade you a newer crappy Impala for a Vic

I kinda like the Impalas. Especially with the slick top, I can drive around at night and a whole lot fewer people realize it's a police car at first glance than if I'm in a Crown Vic. Even with the unmarked Crown Vic, people have gotten to where they equate that style car with a police car, but not so much the Impalas. I'd really rather drive around like normal without everyone acting silly because a police car is around. :twocents:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne

The east gets all the good stuff, too. The CRT's, SRT's, motorcycles when you had them, even the V-100 is with the east guy's.

Top Bottom