• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    since were on the app subject, have you guys heard of or have the "scanner radio" i mess with it time to time. Its have live feeds of different all over Indiana and the rest of the country

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    It mildly annoys me that folks think they need to "keep LEOs honest". Why not break out that fancy phone at McDonalds to make sure the clerk doesn't forget your frenchfries or short you on your change.....

I agree with the mildly annoying part.... But the posts right after yours sum up the difference between a cop and a fry cook.

I just sheepishly comply with and it has always resulted in a safe encounter and we are both on our way. I don't argue, if I thought I was wrong I'd save it for court, I don't think anyone has every successfully argued themselves out of a ticket along side the road. I can't imagine videotaping a "routine" stop. I dunno, baaaaa.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It mildly annoys me that folks think they need to "keep LEOs honest". Why not break out that fancy phone at McDonalds to make sure the clerk doesn't forget your frenchfries or short you on your change.....

I don't have a problem with it but I don't need ANYTHING to keep my honest.

I would hope that every LEO were as professional and honest as both of you. However, there are no police departments that I know of that issue badges which immediately reveal whether an officer is honest or not. As has been stated, a dishonest LEO can ruin not only your day, but your week and the rest of your life if he wants to. The chances of me running into a dishonest LEO are slim, but so are the chances of me being attacked - and I still carry a gun. I also carry a voice recorder which is recording at all times when I am outside the house.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

See the quote below.

The guy at McDonald's doesn't have the power to ruin your life, violate your rights or kill you. Video is a two way street. It keeps cops honest and helps keep the story straight for both parties.

I don't have a problem with it but I don't need ANYTHING to keep my honest.

Denny, I wouldn't expect anything less. You are one of the good guys, so being recorded will only help your cause.

I will/won't ever understand why ANY police officer wouldn't want their encounters video/audio recorded. It will save your ass if someone accuses you of something you didn't do.

Of course, if you are a corrupt cop then you obviously wouldn't want video evidence of your crimes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Everyone who Guards the Guardians could easily need guarding as well..

Those that guard the guardians cannot shoot me with my own pistol and then get away with it under the color of law. The little prick pointed a gun at me and then denied it and then claimed he had every right to wave the gun around Broad Ripple pointing it at joggers and moms with strollers. No one else could get away with that.

Sorry, this society got along just peachy without the police and could very easily again. If we decide we need the police, then we should decide we need to keep them in check.

They need watching, then they need to stop dressing like Das Reich and turn in their tanks.:D

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Who guards the guardians? I thought that argument was for self rule? None can be trusted with power so why yield it?

Or maybe I just think different than most.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I take offense when I am lumped together as being a dishonest officer. I think if you do your homework you will find that there have been more videos that have cleared officers than convicted them. And Kirk, I wear converse not hob nail boots.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Because the clerk at mc donalds won't hit me over the head with a mag light if I tell them they are wrong, because the clerk at McD isn't gonna twist my arm up around my head when they see that am oc'ing, because the clerk at McD's can't take my fire arm and have my ltch revoked, because when the clerk puts on his or her uniform, he or she knows that he or she is a clerk nothing more, the cop, (not always but it happens) pins on a badge and straps on a gun and thinks they are god. Because at McD's there are several witnesses and its already being recorded.
    If we don't keep cops honest who will, Obama?
    Or did you forget to put this in purple?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh, I don't care if I'm being recorded. What I do care about, is someone thrusting a recorder in my face as if it's a threat that I better not "act up." If you're gonna record, record. Don't assume that I'm going to carry on any differently knowing one way or another.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I wonder if the owners and operators of USTREAM could possibly hack in and get some of your content that you are not ustreaming???? If I happen to be videoing my family privately could they get this feed without my consent???? Sounds like a great tool but I am not sure I'd trust the app.......

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Meh, I don't care if I'm being recorded. What I do care about, is someone thrusting a recorder in my face as if it's a threat that I better not "act up." If you're gonna record, record. Don't assume that I'm going to carry on any differently knowing one way or another.

This sums up my point a little better.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

This sums up my point a little better.

This sums it up. Good cops like good Citizens would not care if they are being recorded during a stop.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I printed this thread incase you ever type something differently in the future.

Huh? :dunno:

Video recording and audio recording is the only kind of police work I know. I don't have any choice in the matter with mine so the citizens camera concerns me not. Like kutnupe said above, do what you want but don't act like the presence of your recorder is going to change anything on my end....

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I keep forgetting to use purple....

It was my way of "recording this thread" and poking fun..

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I wonder if the owners and operators of USTREAM could possibly hack in and get some of your content that you are not ustreaming???? If I happen to be videoing my family privately could they get this feed without my consent???? Sounds like a great tool but I am not sure I'd trust the app.......
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It seems odd that someone who doesn't trust Law Enforcement in general apparently trusts some geek sitting at a computer, in God knows what country, monitoring, archiving, and maintaining, whatever info they are recording. :dunno:

Top Bottom