• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Shoot first, and while your enjoying a backstrap steak later then ask questions. I'd shoot for sure.

I really hope your doughter gets a chance at it. That would be awesome.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have shot one, it was when I lived in VA. It was a smaller 3 point buck, not full albino but pretty freaking sweet. I got the hide tanned and we did eat em. Tasted the same as the regular colored ones.
    picture.php

Last edited:

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Just keep the news from the Antis..........did you see the uproar from that lady in WI shooting one? They were crying about rare and wonderful, not that they really know anything about deer in real life except to hit one with their cars............
    Last thing we need is a deer herd full of albinos and piebalds, that we can't even hunt. Interestingly, the bison that was born white changed colors to a more brown as it aged.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Let me ask you a question. Would you take this deer if it wasn't albino, based on it's size and age? If your answer is no, then don't take it this year.

My opinon and it's just that, my opinon, is that hunting is for herd management and food. I'm not much of a sport hunter, not out for the big buck or the odd one. I don't believe the other poster who said it was geneticly inferior. Yes, it is at a disadvantage for summer camouflage, but does have an advantage in the winter. It's just recessive genetic, no big deal.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    If it was big enough to eat i would definitely take it! It would just be a bonus that it was an albino and would definitely have the skin on my wall.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Going by its size if it weren't albino I would not take it but for heard management I think it should go. I would definitely keep the hide and would not be afraid to eat the meat. Hopefully my daughter gets a shot at it. Her first deer being an albino would be an experience we would have forever.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This army depot in upsate new york were I used to live had many albino and pie bald deer. Growing up several relitives got to hunt inside the fence. I got to go inside the fence once at about 5 years old but did not see any deer.

Seneca White Deer, Inc | Seneca Army Depot

Fence in an area and lots of weird things can happen.

There's an army depot north of Clinton in vermillion county with deer that glow in the dark, maybe we can hunt there someday. Newport. You don't even have to season them.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I Installed the emergency paging system in the Newport deport. I don't think they glow in the dark. They gave me a weird badge and told me if it changed color i was basically a dead man.

Newport army deport had a hunt last year. The first since 9-11. I did not get drawn.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    They are protected in Illinois, Surprising.....huh?

LOL... not really. They have a LOT of stupid laws in Illinois..

BUT...if they have any other color of hair on them they are legal. IOW - they have to be "all white"

I was hunting this piebald doe in Hamilton county Illinois. She was not an albino as she had brown eyes, dark hooves and a dark mane down her neck. I could ave killed her a couple times with a gun but have vowed to take her with my crossbow. She came by me one evening with her piebald button buck and her brown doe fawn while I was crossbow hunting but a rather nice ten pointer trailed her so I passed her and shot the ten pointer.

PB210050cropped-1.jpg

Do you see the brwon fawn with her?

Last edited:

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    my wife's cousin's husband killed a true albino buck a while back and got a full body mount. I know I know. Pics or It didnt happen, He had some "adjustments" made to the rack but here it is.
    picture.php
    picture.php

Top Bottom