• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have discovered that I am not as good as I thought on a motorcycle. I was pacified by the flat roads of the Midwest and these mountains are kicking my butt!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I finally rode to work this morning.. 1st time in over a month.. bike ran terrible, a V-4 running on 3 most of the time. It backfired and sounded like a gunshot, an echo in the morning, way to start the day off with a bang. Hoping to go on a couple of rides but the rain just , well sucks for riding... only live 10 miles from work but even on 3 at times it was worth it.. going home and mow and tear into carbs...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I finally rode to work this morning.. 1st time in over a month.. bike ran terrible, a V-4 running on 3 most of the time. It backfired and sounded like a gunshot, an echo in the morning, way to start the day off with a bang. Hoping to go on a couple of rides but the rain just , well sucks for riding... only live 10 miles from work but even on 3 at times it was worth it.. going home and mow and tear into carbs...

Sounds like you're fouling the plugs, I had a 750 Yamaha that would do the same thing if I let it idle for more than a minute or two.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just got confirmation that we are riding to Florence, SC next week for a roundup. Should be good music, great food and a chance to meet some new people.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Sounds like you're fouling the plugs, I had a 750 Yamaha that would do the same thing if I let it idle for more than a minute or two.

This is my 3rd vmax and carbs are fickle on them.. I have been down this road before and they need a minor disassembly and blown out with compressed air. I am going to change the plugs too been in for a few years. Just have to find time. Been trying to for few weeks now.. Then I'm heading out for day ride..

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Just got back, rode the Dragon, Cherohala, all that stuff. Here's the KillBoy photos from one of my rides on the Dragon:

That Connie looks like fun on that road.. big fan of those! Finally got time to address my carbs and got it running very well now.. going to out and about soon, dry for the next several days.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    That Connie looks like fun on that road.. big fan of those! Finally got time to address my carbs and got it running very well now.. going to out and about soon, dry for the next several days.

Nothing like being out on a good road.

I used the full face first time, but the half shell subsequent times down the dragon for better visibility. On that road it's more important to see what's coming.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Years ago, before kids, we had a little Yamaha 400 that I still had from college. The wife used to love going for rides on that thing (short ones--it was only a 400 :D ). But we sold it about the time the kids came along. The other day, we stopped at a restaurant to eat lunch and as we passed by a nice Harley in the lot, I mentioned I'd like to get another bike someday--she was not amused. :rolleyes:

Was that an RD400? Had one of those and did the same thing - sold it when the kids came along. Loved that little two-stroke wheelie machine! I went too many years without a bike. Finally bought a Suzuki Intruder in 2006 and will be riding till no longer physically able.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    One cool thing about the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, check out the diamond plate bolted into the blacktop - kick stand pad all the way through sheltered parking. Also over head retractable air so anyone can check and fill tires. All kinds of stuff like that.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    My Grandpa was from the Fontana dam area.The wife and I have been riding the Dragon for the last 30 years. Someone said earlier that they only ride it on the weekdays.That is the truth.Was at a friends house in Seymour this weekend,and the Medivac helo flyte path is right over his house. It is a great ride,but my advice is to plan a M-F ride... In the old days,you could ride from Kville to Robbinsville and pass 10 bikes.There are some nice lake rentals on lake Santeetlah in Robbinsville. I guess I am getting old and Grumpy.

Top Bottom