• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Years ago, before kids, we had a little Yamaha 400 that I still had from college. The wife used to love going for rides on that thing (short ones--it was only a 400 :D ). But we sold it about the time the kids came along. The other day, we stopped at a restaurant to eat lunch and as we passed by a nice Harley in the lot, I mentioned I'd like to get another bike someday--she was not amused. :rolleyes:

I've wanted a Harley for a long time, but the money wasn't there. That's why I opted for the Kawasaki Concours. It's kind of known as the poor man's BMW. It only had about 3000 miles on it when I bought it in 2007, it's a 2006, paid just a little over $6K for it. Just did commutes for a while, but now I have at least one big ride a year. My advice to you is, next time you're in Bloomington on a Saturday, stop by the Harley dealership and take her with you on a test ride. It's free and it's loads of fun to ride someone else's bike. She just may come back with a big ol' smile on her face!

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    JJ,That is a real nice machine. If you ever think of buying the bags for that model,Don't wait too long,it getting old enough,you will have trouble soon finding any options for it.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I have been riding since 1968 or 1969. First bike was a '42 Harley. Many since and am now riding a 2012 Gold Wing with a Motor Trike conversion. Don't ride for any long periods/trips anymore but still LOVE to ride !

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area

2012 Vegas 8 Ball.

We took a ride down to Brown County this past Saturday. Planning to take some longer trips this year and looking to go to Hog Rock over in IL this year. Thinking I need to pick up a swing arm bag for some overnight trips though.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I love Victory's, once I get a few years saddle time (and pending any kids that will take my $, hopefully), I would like to get one. Until then I am stuck with my paid off ole 97 Vulcan. I am thinking about switching the headlight out with an LED assembly.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Sadly, I'm one of those that have to trailer my bike to the cool places to ride. My limit is about 3hrs per day on my Concours. My back just can't take the pain anymore. I've rode the Dragon several times as well as the Cherahola skyway plus quite few of the other roads in that area. I spent several years track riding most of the tracks here in the Midwest and a few others. I just sold my Honda 600RR track bike due to some cardiac issues.
    Back in '91 I had a bad day at work. Left at lunch on my '88 Honda Shadow 1100. Left with the clothes on my back and a few bucks cash. Headed west for a couple days then turned north a while. Finally made it home 9 days later. I had maxed out my credit card getting a hotel the last night. Had to come home and beg for my job back.
    I need to learn how to get pics straight into the post!
    Matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      118.2 KB · Views: 7

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Beautiful bike!
    Thank you.
    I love Victory's, once I get a few years saddle time (and pending any kids that will take my $, hopefully), I would like to get one. Until then I am stuck with my paid off ole 97 Vulcan. I am thinking about switching the headlight out with an LED assembly.
    I must say their slogan is spot on. I had never ridden one unail this one but once I did I had to have it. They are excellent bikes.

dm1986

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    My fiancee wants to take the 2005 Kingpin on the Dragon. I rode it a couple years ago, but on a 650 VStar, and as a solo rider. It seems a little more intimidating now than it did then!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    2510_zpsvyhq65c5.jpg

1997 V-max.. trying to ride all over.. commute to work and just go on it.. headed south, maybe the equator ?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    MIRACLE RIDE!! who's in? we go every year, never miss it. 06 dyna wide glide. far from stock 120" engine (I built) 6 speed trans, lot's and lot's of upgrades. pics soon, at work, don't have any here.

Top Bottom