• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I had a Kel Tec PLR 22 that was nothing but junk. I sent it back to them twice under their lifetime warranty and the gun smith finally called me and said what do you expect for a 22. I told him i expected it to shoot not bend the bullets and jam. Never again will i own a Kel Tec. :noway:

Precisely my experience with Kel-Tecs, but with the P40 (twice) and a P11. They might, depending on the models, be cheap, fun guns to shoot and to practice clearing jams, but I would never, ever choose to bet my life on anything from Kel-Tec.

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    I own the S2K. It's been a great and fun rifle. I have sent ~300 rounds down range without a single mis-feed, misfire, stove pipe or fail to fire. It is very accurate. By no means is it the most comfortable gun, but a great firearm nonetheless.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've voiced my opinion before...I love my P-11, carries easy, accurate (for a pocket gun) and, to me the trigger is fine, I traded for mine used, the previous owner said it had about 1000 rounds through it...so? slide is tight,groups are good, it's on my hip as we speak, and will do so for MANY years....it IS a tool, and yes I defend my family, and my life with it!!!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have tried a few pistols but ended up with a P11 to carry in my ankle holster. With a Renegade holster made for a Glock that seemed too heavy, I forget that it is even there.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Ruger LC9. Better sites, better built in my opinion.
    but $100 - $150 more...

I regularly carry and am carrying now a P3AT with belt clip. I picked mine up for $250 when I wanted a carry gun for when everything else was too big (shorts in summer and at work in khakis & dress clothes. (I don't like ankle holsters).

I had one FTE/jam in my first mag after purchase, but I blame that on my cutting corners on the initial lube/cleaning prior. I've put about 300 rounds through my Kel-Tec since and have yet to have a FTF or FTE. It has been 100% reliable in the last 394 rds.

For the money I couldn't have got a more reliable and small carry gun.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ruger LC9. Better sites, better built in my opinion.

I'm a "Ruger guy" owning the SR9c and about to buy the SR1911. But after comparing the PF-9 and the LC9 and reading as much on it as I could, I couldn't justify the extra $150 for the LC9.

I'm glad I did. My PF-9 has been flawless and it is my EDC.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have owned a P-11 but sold it after buying the PF-9. The trigger is much better on the PF-9 and I don't miss the fatter grip as this gun lives mostly in a pocket or concealment t-shirt. The trigger on mine feels like a tuned K-frame S&W but it has also been shot a good bit as well as dry fired a bunch. With the .22 conversion I just bought I am sure it will get even more trigger time...the .22 is just fun to shot.

I had no complaints about the P-11...Just wanted a thinner gun for pocket carry. It was extremely reliable and more than accurate enough.

I don't own a Sub 2000 but my brother does. Didn't like Golden Sabres but he is trying other defensive ammo in it trying to see what will work. With ball it runs perfectly. Personally I didn't like the sights but they were very usable and the gun was accurate enough to hit a B-27 target at 100 yards every time.

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    I have the Su-22 and recently the Sub-2000 9mm (Glock). Have had no issues with either one except Su-22 seems to only like Federal bulk. The Sub-2000 eats up anything.

They are both extremely fun.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    My Keltec P32 has been my EDC for over 10 years. We own three and they have always performed when we wanted them to.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I had trouble with golden sabers in one mag, so I loaded another and forgot it, went to range awhile back, and loaded fmj's in same mag, bang jam,repeat. The butt of my Mosin took care of it like it was a nazi's head!!

Last edited:

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    At least once

If you get a Kel-Tec, you will send it back at least once.
    They will fix it correctly, and it will be a great pistol once
    they have gone over it. This is based on the experience of
    three Kel-Tec products.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have been carrying a PF9 for the last 5-6 months. It has performed great at the range. I had a couple of failure to feeds with cheap ammo my first trip, other then that it's been good to go. My only complaint is that the finish on the slide is less then desirable and rusts easy.

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    I bought a P3AT a couple of years ago and right away did the "fluff and buff" and polished the feeding ramp. That was all. I've never had any problems with it (never a chance to try Kel Tec C.S.:() This is not a gun I shoot a lot, of course, but I've put 200 rounds of practice ammo and 50 defense h.p. trough it over 5 years without a single hiccup. It's not an expensive gun but it's extremely confortable to carry and very, very reliable. For me, it's a keeper.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've had four total. A P3AT, a PF9, a Sub2000, and another PF9.

The P3AT was purchased used and it malfunctioned terribly. I got online, read about the fluff and buff, did it myself and never experienced another malfunction. I bought the PF9, did the fluff and buff before I ever shot it, never had a malfunction. Sold it, decided I missed it's easy 9mm concealability, bought another one, did a fluff and buff, it's never malfunctioned.

The sub2000 was another story. Never got it to run right. Finally sold it (I disclosed, the guy didn't care). I've heard lots of other people say theirs was reliable.

I'll probably get another sub, just so handy. I'm thinking about a PLR 16, and the PMR 30 is probably a foregone conclusion.

I like the price and I love the design. I think their manufacturing quality could use some improvements, but nobody is innovating out there like they are.

I'd love an RFB, and that KSG shotgun has got to be the coolest idea in a shotgun I've ever seen.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Kel-Tecs need to be kept clean to operate. Have a PF-9 for EDC over two years and never had any problems with it. Like all new pistols run at least 250 to 500 rounds down the barrel to see what works best for you to know it will be up to the job.

Top Bottom