• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    PPSH-41 sub gun. I guess the American grease gun also.
    Had a neighbor years ago that had a PPSH he had brought back from Korea.
    He called it a burp gun.
    Built like a tank as you would expect from a Russian gun of the period.
    I found myself wondering the route that gun took from a Russian factory at the height of the WWII to a Chinese soldier in Korea to the US and then probably to a chopsaw somewhere in DC after his widow turned it in.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have shot the “grease gun” in the early 90’s.

They work well at 50 yards or so and are reliable IME.

It was actually part of the vehicle not a individual’s issued weapon. Just like a real grease gun.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Though there's a lot of close 2nd's, of the ones I've shot.
    I get the most pleasure and enjoyment out of shooting the M1 Garand/M14 type rifles.
    (though my "M14" is an early 1990's M1A with all USGI parts except the semi auto only receiver)

They have authority, good sights, and feel balanced to me.
    Plus if I could fully master them, I'd have rifles that have authority for as far as I can see if I can just do my part.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Well are you gonna tell us? :popcorn:

My favorite is probably the M1 Carbine. It's just fun to shoot.

Do I really have to spell it out for you? Sheesh, okay well, it starts with an A...

;)

Specifically, I'd have to go with the master race AK-74. However, as of late the Galil ACE in 5.45x39 has been swiftly climbing the rank of favorite guns and getting a lot more range time than anything else in the safe.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Handgun wise it's gotta be the old slab sides 1911. Rifle wise...M4
    But I also like the Armalite AR180. I am fortunate enough to own a semi auto version...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    sidearm: 1911

rifle: galil. solid, AK reliability with better ergonomics. turning mine back in, was like giving them my arm.

MG: M240

RPG7 if I need 'boom' instead of 'bang'

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I’ve always loved the look of the F2000. Used it in battlefield 2 and fell in love with it. Always been a fan of bullpups, shorter than an M4 but with a 17.4” barrel. Ejects from the bottom and is ambidextrous so southpaws can use them too, I know that’s a common drawback of bull pups. I hear they don’t fit PMags though which is a shame. As for pistol, I’m a fan of the XD series.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    Depends upon when you served I guess, my first two years in the Army I carried the PIG, an M-60 Maxine gun and learned to love it.
    A .45 auto on my hip during those days too.
    M16A1’s, M-203 Grenade Launcher, definitely over my 21 year career. I served as an exchange NCO with the British Fusiliers (C co 1RRF) but didn’t like the bull pup SA-80.
    AK-47, AKM’s AK-74 series I loved, and the M-240. SAW I wish I had more time with, I really loved that one.
    This! My .50 caliber Ma Deuce, followed by the main gun on my Abrams tank.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    R3vERMC.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It's a lot of guys here who love foreign military units and their armament (not more than their own country's armament perhaps). You have a choice to have a primary rifle and sidearm of ANY military/paramilitary group, which would it be? Britain's excessive recoil Enfield L85A1? South Africa's Vektor CP-1 compact pistol? France's FAMAS F1 rifle? Or Germany's HK MP7A2 (4.6x30)? Lets see those choices! My choice would be Spetsnaz's OTs-14 Groza and Japan's Minebea 9mm machine pistol.
    It all depends upon your military specialty (job). There are about 6 or 7 support personnel for every combat troop.

Top Bottom