Your Favorite cheap Handgun that everyone else thinks is Junk and makes fun of.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    My first 'favorite' handgun was a Llama .45 1911 clone. Picked it up for $100 from a toothless dude at a gun show in Texas while standing in line to get in. Looked cool, but It was a jam-o-matic POS
    So I guess it really wasn't a favorite, or at least not for very long.....lol

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This! Mine has been 100%, had it since early 90s. Oh, Kel TEC PF9- Lightest, thinnest smallest 9, if they put SIG on it and tripled the price, people's be all over it.
    I don't think that's quite right. I owned a PF9 and it holds the spot for the worst gun I've owned. It tended to drop mags when shot, had one of the worst triggers I've ever experienced (and, I own a Nagant revolver) and it felt like holding a lit M80 firecracker when shot. That was truly a horrid gun.

One of the smallest, yet fun to shoot guns would be a Sig P938. It's thin, small and is a joy to shoot.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I gotta throw my hat in the Kel Tec P32 ring. Its in its own class. Makes an LCP seem heavy and big. Still quite shootable. If it had proper sights I would have kept it.
    20190801_135039.jpg
    Runner up is this Norinco 213. A 9mm commercial Chinese Tokarev from the 80s. Was very exciting for 200 bucks. Had to send it on when I realized they didn't temper it right and it was peaning itself into a pile of scrap.
    20170625_003536.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a Bersa Thunder in both .380acp and .32acp
    Both have been 100% reliable and fun to shoot.
    The .32 causes a little controversy every time I pull it out.
    I've had more than one gun shop owner tell me that Bersa never made a .32acp Thunder model, and they swear by it, until I show them one in person.

The only issue I've had with either is trying to find ammo for the .380.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't know that I quite consider the PMR-30 as a cheap handgun but second the comments that they are a blast to shoot. Mine has ran every brand of ammo I've ran through it without fail although, the accuracy was lackluster until I tried 40+ grain ammo. It really loves the Speer Gold Dot ammo.

As for actual cheap handguns, I have a Taurus Millennium .32 that was well under $200 and hasn't had a hiccup yet. I don't really have much use for a .32 but it is a fun range toy.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Have to agree with the Heritage Rough Rider .22 pistol. Bought mine approx 15 years ago and still going strong after 3 kids used it for years of Cowboy Action shooting. I did have to replace a firing pin and it certainly isn't pretty but it runs like a champ. Paid $99 for it.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I've had people make fun of my old small revolvers, some pictured here. Truth is they hold an important part in American shooting history, no less than Sam Colt made his big money from the popularity of the 1849, an early pocket gun. View attachment 196210
    Reminded me that I have one .....almost forgot about it . It was my GrandPa`s .
    An Iver Johnson top break 38 -S&W , has the Owl`s Head grips .
    Not one that "Wow`s" too many .......

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I've seen several people say two of my favorite cheap handguns. I like the Heritage Rough Rider, it is a fun little gun. I grew up on cowboy movies and it makes me feel like one when I take it out to shoot it.

The Sccy CPX-2 is another one I like. It shoots well, the trigger is awful ( I have an improvement kit, I just need to install it). It would fit in a pocket if I was to pocket carry, though the only holster I have is a IWB leather holster. So to pocket carry I would have to find a pocket carry holster.

The other one that I like that wasn't really expensive, is the Walther PPK/s in .22LR. It is a fun gun to shoot. Though I did get a shell stuck in it once.

dw.watts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Kokomo
    The two I own that get the most judgement are a 70’s Charter Undercover 38 and a Ruger P89DC. Both get in the center circle just fine at 7 yards, require zero cleaning or maintenance ever, and are well built. Some folks just can’t wrap their heads around revolver usage these days with all that’s out there regarding capacity, so not many change their mind about it…but the P89DC gets a lot of attention once shot. I bought both about 10 years apart for less than $200 each.

Top Bottom