Your Favorite cheap Handgun that everyone else thinks is Junk and makes fun of.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    My Jennings J-22. Dad gave it to me 25 yrs ago. I never had a reason until recently to carry a weapon. However things changed a couple months ago. I need a pocket pistol because of work. So i got this dude out, gave it a cleaning. Polished the feed ramp. It cycles good. I am looking to replace it asap, but haven’t found anything used in NE Indiana yet. I have some new ones on wish list. 22, 380, 9mm would be great. However until i find something the Jennings J-22 is my starter.
    Have one I picked up 25+ years ago. No issues, and really concealable.
    My Jennings J-22. Dad gave it to me 25 yrs ago. I never had a reason until recently to carry a weapon. However things changed a couple months ago. I need a pocket pistol because of work. So i got this dude out, gave it a cleaning. Polished the feed ramp. It cycles good. I am looking to replace it asap, but haven’t found anything used in NE Indiana yet. I have some new ones on wish list. 22, 380, 9mm would be great. However until i find something the Jennings J-22 is my starter.
    Had mine 25+ years, no issues, and really concealable

HCALREF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hendricks County
    About the reply on Jennings J-22. In the early 1980s, I worked in a gun store. We never sold the Jennings, but we sold 100's of the Raven 25 auto,s. It is kind of interesting that know one ever brought one back and said it did not function. A lot of men bought the gun and one box of ammo for their wives. Actually, most of them were probably never shot, but of the ones that were, most of them must have worked.

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    About the reply on Jennings J-22. In the early 1980s, I worked in a gun store. We never sold the Jennings, but we sold 100's of the Raven 25 auto,s. It is kind of interesting that know one ever brought one back and said it did not function. A lot of men bought the gun and one box of ammo for their wives. Actually, most of them were probably never shot, but of the ones that were, most of them must have worked.
    Mine does good. Im glad i kept it around for 25 yrs. I never dreamed it would be needed for carry. It fits great in my pocket holster. 2 clips fit in my watch pocket. I can put 6 holes in a coffee can at 7 yards. However it is cheap built. The retractor fell out and the safety retent ball came out. I replaced retractor and just took worthless safety off. I keep chamber empty on it regardless.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    To be honest is seems that a-lot of the "cheaper" brands of the past are starting to gain in terms of their reputations. Taurus is of course the one I immediately think of. Every taurus that I have had functioned well and even felt good in the hand. I spoke with a friend recently who even prefers the Taurus .38's over the lighter S&W.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Cheapest I have and love shooting is my s&w shield 9mm. Fiance thought it was going to be bad because the mistake of the pf9 she got.

She sold the pf9 and got a shield as well.

On sale for $250 and 2 mags plus one free durring the promo.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a star model BM imported by interarms. It might have been one of my first auto pistols after my ruger mark 2 gov'ment model.

Good old pistol but had the reputation of being a cheap import.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Had a guy tell me the Charter Arms 38 I have are junk. Don't seem like junk to me. Best 150.00 I've spent on a subnose
    Some charter arms are great.

I think charter has been many companies over time. The 1960's to 1996 same company. Then chapter 2000 then MKS and charter inc.

The bulldog undercover pathfinder and mag pug seem to be the real popular ones.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    This one. My old EAA Witness that I bought for $225 LNIB at Bradi's about 30 years ago. Over 7K rds. now and still hits right on POA and remains as dead-nuts reliable as gravity. NO malfs with any brand or weight of factory ammo I've used and only three with some crappy gun show reloads. Only wish that I'd gotten an ambi thumb safety for it while they still made 'em. Wouldn't swap this one for diamonds
    View attachment 198575
    I have a few Tanfoglios. I love them, but my latest one was by no means cheap, the Defiant Limited Master. Call IFG, Italian Firearms Group. They are the importers now and might be able to get you that ambi safety.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Some charter arms are great.

I think charter has been many companies over time. The 1960's to 1996 same company. Then chapter 2000 then MKS and charter inc.

The bulldog undercover pathfinder and mag pug seem to be the real popular ones.
    I have a magpug in 357 and it does what it should. I had to file down the front sight to get it to hit where it is supposed to, though.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    We sold tons of them at the old Speedway Shooters Supply

"Got the cravin' for a Raven"

michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    My Shield 2.0. I got it new for $250 in 2019. My friends are all into the higher-capacity micro 9s with optic cuts and red dots. I’m exploring those, but I’m sure I’ll have this $250 reliable pistol for a long, long time.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Everybody puts hi point in a bad category but i know a couple people that have them and like to shoot them. Someday i will find time to shoot it and make my own decision
    Having owned the c9 and 45acp high point pistols, the 9 is basically junk. Too many mods needing fone and still have problem. Never handled the rifles, but i seen videos and read alot of great things about them. Problem is, if buying used, people want new price for them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Bluffton
    Having owned the c9 and 45acp high point pistols, the 9 is basically junk. Too many mods needing fone and still have problem. Never handled the rifles, but i seen videos and read alot of great things about them. Problem is, if buying used, people want new price for them.
    The only thing is have watched about the rifle is what demolition ranch put out and he seem to like the rifle pretty well. I think his is in 10mm. He is not a fan of the pistol as you may know if you watch his videos

Top Bottom