• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    All 1911 peeps...stop reading here. Go no further.
    Click away...or I won't be able to look you in the eye or hold my head high ever again.
    Just go quietly. Now. And don't look back...

OK...

I've done a little research for a paddle holster to fit a Taurus Millennium PT145 Pro Series.
    A zillion hits all turned up Fobus, and gave me a specific holster that's supposed to fit a variety of things including ALL the Pro Series, All Millennium, all the PT24/7 and the PT145.

Turns out, we had that one in stock in the shop. I bought it and took it home.
    The first foray into trying the fit... not even close. So I grabbed a screwdriver to loosen the retention screws.
    Nope.
    Nope.
    And triple Nerp... even with the screw completely REMOVED. No dice.

I turned to the intardnetz to double check... Yep. That's the right one (so says eleventybillion links), and even image search shows things fitting.

What. The. Frack.

I'm either in search of a fix, in search of a reasonable option, or in search of somebody who's got a correctly fitting one or can point me to one so I can buy it.

I have no idea why this isn't working.
    The mister says maybe they changed something about the holster and now it doesn't fit the older PT145...? I've never heard that, but I suppose anything is possible. The fit doesn't even come close.

Yes, that's the backside of the trigger peeking out just at the edge of the holster...

2a214246-99ee-4ffd-a587-b25d46ef0eef_zps8517eeed.jpg

663a94b0-a885-42c0-a037-dad3b5332b68_zps070a59eb.jpg

did you trip and hit your head?:stickpoke:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    did you trip and hit your head?:stickpoke:
    *sigh*

OK, OK... here's the sitch.

I didn't want to take the chance of frackin' up one of my 1911s while I played with some (how shall we say...) "questionable" loads.
    This gun was an impulse pick up at an obscenely low $$ amount. I have no idea what the round count was before me, but just playin' around, I'm closing in on $1k without a hitch from even the worst things I've put through it.
    Also...The impending member of the fam likes to shoot it when we go to the range, and wants to buy it from me. I'm just holding onto it for now... HOWEVER... (and here's where the holster comes in)... During travels to a non-reciprocating state where open carry without a license is legal, this is what I'm choosing to take because 1) It's been super reliable, much to my surprise and 2) If....*if*...*IF* I happen to get pulled over and it's confiscated indefinitely, I won't cry about it.

Now.
    Back to your regular programming.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    *sigh*

OK, OK... here's the sitch.

I didn't want to take the chance of frackin' up one of my 1911s while I played with some (how shall we say...) "questionable" loads.
    This gun was an impulse pick up at an obscenely low $$ amount. I have no idea what the round count was before me, but just playin' around, I'm closing in on $1k without a hitch from even the worst things I've put through it.
    Also...The impending member of the fam likes to shoot it when we go to the range, and wants to buy it from me. I'm just holding onto it for now... HOWEVER... (and here's where the holster comes in)... During travels to a non-reciprocating state where open carry without a license is legal, this is what I'm choosing to take because 1) It's been super reliable, much to my surprise and 2) If....*if*...*IF* I happen to get pulled over and it's confiscated indefinitely, I won't cry about it.

Now.
    Back to your regular programming.

Seriously, I get it.
    Through some trading I had a Taurus 24/7 Tactical. It was a polymer framed piece that I intended to trade sell right away. We took it and the 5 extra mags to the range to run a torture test with it. Ran all the mags....no failure. Re-load and set up to re-load spent mags quickly and I started running the :poop: out of it. Ran 2 full cycles (6) 12 round mags and the gun got so hot I had to put it down....mo issues. It became my truck gun. Drop it/kick it/ends up in an evidence locker.....no worries, keep it.

Mt BIL has it now.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It was just an "Impulse Buy".
    I completely understand.

Now box it up and put it up in your closet next to those ugly shoes you bought last year on that other impulse buy. :rolleyes:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Put it in the oven and bake. Place gun in holster. Place gun and holster on closed cell foam pad. Place closed cell foam pad on top of gun and holster. Sit on pads. In 10 minutes, problem solved.:yesway:i

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    JetGirl if your going to cheat on your 1911's couldn't you at least bought a gun with a hammer?lol

My first gun was a Taurus 24/7 9mm. I have to agree with JetGirl and churchmouse that you can run the hell out of the Taurus and not have any problems.

Top Bottom