• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wonder if he actually stopped carrying since he lost his permit ... well im not really wondering.

The king doesn't have the authority to grant me permission to bear arms nor does he have power to take that right away. Govt only has the authority we submit to. So why do people settle for these laws are are so wrong?

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Wow, we see two very different INGO's then.

Maybe, Mike. I don't read all of INGO. Most of the posts I've seen regarding James involve criticizing a cameraman downrange, a twitch, a t-shirt, calling him a coward, being upset when he tries to call out people who call him a coward, upset that he doesn't like .45, upset that he does like Glocks, etc.

I hope people here like him. He runs a great training course. I don't know of too many who have trained with him that can come back and say they didn't like the training.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I agree that he didn't do gun owners any favors. However, my main concern in the video is that the entire thing was regarding politics. Yes, they used the threat at the end of the video to revoke his permit but his statement was all in a reaction to a political statement regarding opposition to the powers that be and their intent to remove guns from our hands. He was simply expanding on the Molon Labe concept I see thrown around so much around here.

It is not a stretch to think that a less violent statement, but a statement just as opposed to the powers that be would be result in permits being revoked.

Full disclosure: James is a friend of mine and I've known him for years. I've trained with him, I've hung out with him, stayed at his house, etc. I still think he's an absolutely awesome instructor. I disagree with his approach and his verbage.

However, I'm opposed to people having their carry permit revoked except in EXTREME circumstances. I think it hurts all of us. The 1st Ammend. still applies and is as sacred as the 2nd.

You may disagree with me and that's fine, I won't try to change your opinion. I know James is not well liked by most on INGO, or at least it seems that way from the derogatory posts about him.

I would say few people anywhere would not label this an extreme circumstance. He made two different videos saying the same things. There was a local TV station interveiw where he was not screaming but said the same things. My point being he had time to cool down. But once his permit was revoked he changed his tune. The "I was angry comment" just does not hold water. I am not sure what else he can say.

The 1st amendment is not without exceptions or limitations and I would have to say these videos would venture into the unprotected speech category.

We don't know if a lessor statement would have resulted in a suspension. But we know this one did. Is it a just decision?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Maybe, Mike. I don't read all of INGO. Most of the posts I've seen regarding James involve criticizing a cameraman downrange, a twitch, a t-shirt, calling him a coward, being upset when he tries to call out people who call him a coward, upset that he doesn't like .45, upset that he does like Glocks, etc.

I hope people here like him. He runs a great training course. I don't know of too many who have trained with him that can come back and say they didn't like the training.

Most people who have never removed their asses from their armchair don't like him and always think they can do it better.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    However, I'm opposed to people having their carry permit revoked except in EXTREME circumstances. I think it hurts all of us. The 1st Ammend. still applies and is as sacred as the 2nd.

You may disagree with me and that's fine, I won't try to change your opinion. I know James is not well liked by most on INGO, or at least it seems that way from the derogatory posts about him.

I bear James no particular animus; I interacted with him on GlockTalk 'way back in the day and we have had many friends in common. (And although I disagree with controversy-as-marketing-technique, he's hardly the only instructor to embrace it.)

While I have issues with what the state did and am glad that his permit is supposedly being restored, TN was apparently within its rights under the law as written, making it a "Don't hate the player, hate the game" situation. (And as a TN prosecutor pointed out in the comments at my post, James is lucky an overzealous prosecutor didn't come after him for some of his other internet shenanigans last year.)

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Did not know you need any type or permission to exercise a right. All types of laws etc to try and regulate firearms is a infringement.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    After the "I'm gonna start killing people" vid, I question his ability to make sound judgments.

I'm not sure how that falls in the legalities of getting his permit back? I'm not sure that is something you get a pass on? Maybe a probation period to see whether he can keep his anger in check without threatening lives?

I'm just sitting here in a armchair though... :rolleyes:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    After the "I'm gonna start killing people" vid, I question his ability to make sound judgments.

I'm not sure how that falls in the legalities of getting his permit back? I'm not sure that is something you get a pass on?

I'm just sitting here in a armchair though... :rolleyes:

It matters not, as he is badged in his county. The sheriff there has no issue with him, so he can carry anywhere in the 50 states.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am really excited to take fighting rifle with Tactical Response in terre haute this summer.

I hope I learn a lot!
    I signed up after he made his "line in the sand" videos and to be honest, they did not sell me or deter me. I am in the market for instruction, not best friends forever.

That said, Sam was my favorite Adams, not John.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    It would be terrible if he didnt get it back just for using his 1a rights. Its hard to believe anyone would disagree.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    So if he makes further threats to "start killing people," nothing can be done?

At this point the Fed's have interviewed him and closed the case, and his local sheriff has no issue, so as far as his statement that started all of this, the authorities consider it a non-issue. How it will be viewed or handled should he say something else like it in the future, I can't predict.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Most people who have never removed their asses from their armchair don't like him and always think they can do it better.

Maybe because they CAN do better...........even while sitting in their armchairs. :rockwoot:

I don't have a personal beef with the Yeagers of the world, I just know that I don't get along with ass****s. Never have. I'm sure God has a purpose for them somewhere....I guess.

Just not around me..........they're annoying.

Top Bottom