• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    So i just picked up an XDm9 4.5" a few days ago. I love this gun, feels great in the hand and is a big improvement over the taurus 92 i used to have. Havent had the funds to pick up a better holster till now, just been using the crappy paddle holster it comes with. I will mainly be open carring this gun, and need a better holster to do so. I really wanted the 5.11 thumbdrive holster but its not made for the XDm. Can anyone suggest some holsters simlar to that? I would perfer to have some sort of retention but not totaly nessasary. Thanks :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Might I suggest a Serpa Blackhawk. I love mine:rockwoot:

Thanks for the suggestion but, Sorry, i do not like the style of their rentition system. I see saftey issuses with it. Putting pressure with trigger finger while drawing is something im not fond of. I dont want this thread to turn into a debate about that though..

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I have been using a Blackhawk CQC leather pancake holster with thumb break with my XDm. Size 21.
    I'm not sure now where I bought it, but here is a link to one source.

BlackHawk 3 Slot Leather Pancake Holster FREE S&H 420022BK-R, 420003BK-R, 420014BK-R, 420023BK-R, 420004BN-R, 420021BK-L, 420004BK-R, 420005BK-R, 420019BK-R, 420000BK-L, 420019BK-L, 420020BK-R, 420021BK-R, 420000BK-R, 420001BK-R, 420013BK-R,

That's the best I can do with that link so you'll have to sort thru it a little to find the XDm application.

Maybe I've never looked in the right places, but holster selection for the XD/XDm seems to be somewhat limited.

I do not like the accessories that came with the XDm.
    I bought leather Galco single-mag carriers from Opticsplanet and they are a much better product than the SAI factory original stuff.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I think it is fobus stuff that comes with it in the box. Not impressed.

I know Blackhawk, Safariland, and Bladetech make holsters, and I am getting ready to order a G-Code to try out.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    That you all for the suggestions. I do like the leather pancake holsters, but my problem is my size. I'm a 28 waist, so they are just uncomfortable for me to wear them on my hip. I need a holster that sits the gun away from my body a little in order to comfortable carry in the right place ony hip. I was really hoping for something more like the safariland holster with the locking hood or similar. I may try something from raven that ATM suggested but still not sure if it would be comfortable for me.

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    For open carry I do a black hawk myself, but I see you have already addressed that. This is a Desantis Gunhide Holster with my XD Sub compact. I picked it up at Blythes in Griffith for a great price, very reasonable. When I got home I threw it in hot water for about 20 mins then I slipped the pistol in it, oiled up to prevent the water having an effect, and let it sit by an open window to dry. Its form fitted, strong and comfortable as hell. Some times I forget I even have it.

P7250043.jpg

P7250042.jpg

As you can see it keeps its form very well

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I have an XD45 and carry with a DeSantis mini thumb break. My father carries his XDm 9 in one also. They are really comfortable holsters and ride high for CC also.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Thanks ya'll for the suggestions :ingo:. I looked into all of them and also did a little more messing around with the safariland website. After playing around with their holster finder part if the website and figuring out how to use their confusing number system, i found more xdm holsters by them. I went with their ALS rentition holster with paddle attachment. Its very similar to the thumb drive holster that i wanted. When it arrives next week ill try to write up a review on it. Heres a link to it Home Page

Model 6378 ALS<sup>®</sup> Concealment Paddle & Belt Loop Combo :: HOLSTERS.com

and a link to their page explaining about the ALS system

Duty Gear | Automatic Locking Systems | Holsters | Safariland™

model6378.jpg

Top Bottom