• ...and so much more!
  • Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    Greetings all,

I picked up this really awesome pistol recently and thought I would share it here. It's a WWII bring back German Luger with capture papers. The veteran was a P-47 fighter pilot during the war. He flew more than 50 combat missions over Europe and shot down a German ME-109 on his first mission. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal for his service. The Luger itself is a WWI DWM manufactured pistol that was reworked and issued to a police unit in the Weimar era. It's all matching numbers, including the magazine! I love items with a name and history to them, and bring back guns with capture papers really fit the bill!

Attachments

• 14luger-1.jpg
      14luger-1.jpg
      206.7 KB · Views: 40
    • 14luger-2.jpg
      14luger-2.jpg
      131.3 KB · Views: 37
    • 14luger-3.jpg
      14luger-3.jpg
      194 KB · Views: 33
    • 14luger-4.jpg
      14luger-4.jpg
      140.9 KB · Views: 31
    • 14luger-5.jpg
      14luger-5.jpg
      124.3 KB · Views: 31
    • 14luger-6.jpg
      14luger-6.jpg
      203.7 KB · Views: 34
    • 14luger-7.jpg
      14luger-7.jpg
      203.2 KB · Views: 34
    • 14luger-8.jpg
      14luger-8.jpg
      189.9 KB · Views: 35
    • 14luger-9.jpg
      14luger-9.jpg
      109.2 KB · Views: 37
    • 14luger-10.jpg
      14luger-10.jpg
      292.7 KB · Views: 40

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    That’s awesome. I have a TT-33 tokerev with the paperwork my grandfather brought back from Europe. I remember seeing it when I was little and inherited it when he passed. My mom ran across the bringback papers when going through the house after my grandma passed. That one will never go anywhere. He told me once of running across a crate in the road while on patrol. They weren’t sure what to do… blow it up? They weren’t sure if it was a IED. When the got it opened it was a crate of new Lugers with holsters and mags. He kept one and the rest were split up with the rest of the guys. Grandpa traded it off for a winter jacket and wool sock from a new guy when the winter was about to hit. I’d love to have that Luger, but I’ll keep the TT-33.

Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    That’s awesome. I have a TT-33 tokerev with the paperwork my grandfather brought back from Europe. I remember seeing it when I was little and inherited it when he passed. My mom ran across the bringback papers when going through the house after my grandma passed. That one will never go anywhere. He told me once of running across a crate in the road while on patrol. They weren’t sure what to do… blow it up? They weren’t sure if it was a IED. When the got it opened it was a crate of new Lugers with holsters and mags. He kept one and the rest were split up with the rest of the guys. Grandpa traded it off for a winter jacket and wool sock from a new guy when the winter was about to hit. I’d love to have that Luger, but I’ll keep the TT-33.
    A TT-33 is on my list! I'd love to have a papered one, but they're not common at all. That's awesome it's still in your family. It's a shame that he didn't keep the Luger, but winter clothing was definitely more important! This Luger was found in a very similar way. He and some pilot buddies were out exploring and came across a crate of Lugers in an abandoned building. All appeared to be new with holsters. They all took one and left the rest. Thanks for sharing!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Greetings all,

I picked up this really awesome pistol recently and thought I would share it here. It's a WWII bring back German Luger with capture papers. The veteran was a P-47 fighter pilot during the war. He flew more than 50 combat missions over Europe and shot down a German ME-109 on his first mission. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal for his service. The Luger itself is a WWI DWM manufactured pistol that was reworked and issued to a police unit in the Weimar era. It's all matching numbers, including the magazine! I love items with a name and history to them, and bring back guns with capture papers really fit the bill!
    Cool. Would it be possible to read what the paperwork says?

Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    Here's a letter written by the veteran's wife talking about him and how he acquired the Luger. At the request of the family, I have blurred the names of people who are still living. Unfortunately, the veteran and his wife are both gone. She died 10 years to the day from the date of the letter. 14luger12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks guys! It's one of the crown jewels of my collection.
    Great gun! All matching, including mag, with capture papers would be a crown jewel in any collection. I've become something of a First World War nut so the 1914 date is a plus to me as well. Thanks for sharing that one.

Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Very nice congrats!! Its your pistol but i wouldn't shoot it much as its all matching and if something breaks there goes some of the value. Definately don't use Plus P ammo in it. She is a beauty!!

Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    Very nice congrats!! Its your pistol but i wouldn't shoot it much as its all matching and if something breaks there goes some of the value. Definately don't use Plus P ammo in it. She is a beauty!!
    Thanks! I reload for and shoot all my weapons, regardless of age. My Lugers get fed nothing but 115gn standard velocity ammo.

Top Bottom