Would you trust an article 5 convention of states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't disagree but due to a lack of primary voting participation and Rep pressure, it is the path best for a positive outcome. The Feds are 10x worse.
    There is just more feds and way more money.
    But yes, state level but I have zero zip nanad even in that approach.

The snake has entwined itself as completely as possible into the system. Greed/power (same thing) drives these :poop: heads. So deeply that we seldom see much of a difference between the party's. If at all.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    No.

I will elaborate, as I have considered this and done a little research. Based upon my understanding (which may well be entirely wrong) a Constitutional Convention would open the entire Constitution up to amendment. In today's world without strict controls and prior agreements on scope that is a recipe for disaster.

IF you could get 38 States to pass the EXACT same Amendment, and the implementing State law required the delegates to vote for that Amendment and only that Amendment and for any unfaithful delegate to immediately be replaced by an alternate if they varied from the State law authorizing the Amendment you might have a chance.

The other 12 states would be fighting tooth and nail to Amend the Constitution with every SJW and communist ideal they could think up, along with whatever their corporate and foreign power brokers wanted.

The fundamental problem is there are no longer 38 States which have a majority of citizens who understand and support the Constitution of the United States of America (as written and amended).
    ^^^^^
    THIS

He gets it, even Indiana being a traditional Red state would be up for grabs.

Every looney leftist in the northern part of the state with Indianapolis along with towns that have Universities would bring every Bat :poop: out for this.

The Democrats would see this as the ultimate power grab and be full speed ahead to destroy the constitution as we know it.

Like I said earlier, two + decades ago was the time, now it is not, and will not be until the we see a shift of idealogy for a period of time.

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    There is just more feds and way more money.
    But yes, state level but I have zero zip nanad even in that approach.

The snake has entwined itself as completely as possible into the system. Greed/power (same thing) drives these :poop: heads. So deeply that we seldom see much of a difference between the party's. If at all.
    You are missing the point...primary em aggressively with common sense Reps. If they remain, aggressively contact them. It will make a difference, giving up (generalizing) does nothing.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    No, I wouldn't.
    Historically the game is rigged so many ways that not getting taken is the rare exception.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hell no! If it were to happen, aside from Kristy Noem, people like Holcomb Hokum would represent the good side. With that, we sure as hell don't need any enemies.

Top Bottom