Would you trust an article 5 convention of states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I don't trust things right now that the outcome would be a gutted constitution and repeal of the 2nd.
    There are trillions of dollars that could be used to "convince" the states to change things " for the better"
    It might not turn out how you think...

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I don't trust things right now that the outcome would be a gutted constitution and repeal of the 2nd.
    There are trillions of dollars that could be used to "convince" the states to change things " for the better"
    It's not the 2nd being repealed you should fear, but the 10th.

The first 9 amendments are meaningless because the 10th says so.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been saying for years, the time has passed for a Con-Con Should have been done 3 decades ago when there was some civility, Now with D's all :poop: crazy they would leave no stone upturned, nothing would be safe. The 1st would be significantly altered and removel of the 2nd.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I would trust it a hell of a lot more than I trust our federal government.

While it may seem like a bad idea, remember that a supermajority is necessary for any of these changes to be made. And the majority of the states in this country are not leftist trash.

Also it'd help you to remember that the constitution is not respected, in any capacity, at the current time. You have literally nothing left to lose. You only have the chance to potentially gain.

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    No, I would not trust anything at this point in time. Provisions were made to amend the constitution but to do this it was also designed to be difficult. I for one agree with this. Jim.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It takes 3/4th of the state to approve anything, so nothing controversial would ever get through. Term limits is the in the only thing I can think of that might have a chance.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Imagine the convention begins and tens of thousands...no hundreds of thousands of leftist, communist, BLM etc start massing and threatening the delegates.......what would the outcome be?

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Imagine the convention begins and tens of thousands...no hundreds of thousands of leftist, communist, BLM etc start massing and threatening the delegates.......what would the outcome be?
    That "thing" we can't talk about in INGO. How was that CMouse?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    No.

I will elaborate, as I have considered this and done a little research. Based upon my understanding (which may well be entirely wrong) a Constitutional Convention would open the entire Constitution up to amendment. In today's world without strict controls and prior agreements on scope that is a recipe for disaster.

IF you could get 38 States to pass the EXACT same Amendment, and the implementing State law required the delegates to vote for that Amendment and only that Amendment and for any unfaithful delegate to immediately be replaced by an alternate if they varied from the State law authorizing the Amendment you might have a chance.

The other 12 states would be fighting tooth and nail to Amend the Constitution with every SJW and communist ideal they could think up, along with whatever their corporate and foreign power brokers wanted.

The fundamental problem is there are no longer 38 States which have a majority of citizens who understand and support the Constitution of the United States of America (as written and amended).

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    I believe we could really straighten much of this bs out if we could just focus on State/Local Representatives. State-level is where the real power lies IMHO.

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    In the reality of this as the system exists all of those representatives are bought and paid for.
    Don't disagree but due to a lack of primary voting participation and Rep pressure, it is the path best for a positive outcome. The Feds are 10x worse.

Top Bottom