• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hope to God you meant to put that in purple...

The Saudis are not blaming us for what is going on in Egypt, they are critical of the way the Obama administration is handling things from our end. And I have to say I agree with them on this.

BTW, there should NEVER be a reason to promote genocide on a population of PEOPLE (not animals).

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I say we bomb Saudi Arabia back to hell where they belong also.... Blame us for the BS in Egypt.

Saudis Fault Obama on Egyptian Crisis - FoxNews.com

INGunGuy

Actually I say we totally destroy the entire middle east, just send every last nuke we have over and start over with real people and not animals

I was good with this solution a long time before this whole egypt thing came into play. best use of tax dollars on foreign policy would be nuking the middle east.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Let's see...Obama's regime doesn't support the Egyptian dictator and the Saudi's do. Frankly, Obama's admin has been a bit lukewarm in their support for the people of Egypt in their current struggle to oust the dictator. There's hardly a need to call for genocide because two political entities see things differently. The Saudi's are just rallying behind a fellow tyrant. They see that their days could well be numbered, too.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is there an emoticon that slaps his own face in frustration? Maybe this will suffice: :xmad:

These people are not animals, nor are deserving to be nuked into 'Kingdom Come'. Come on now, let's reason with one another!

And yes Mr. Jarrell, I mostly agree with your assessment, except that a sudden power vacuum in Egypt will not be good for anyone, especially for us and Israel. That, plus the Obama administration has been waffling on their position...

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    keep in mind obama has probably checked out from being president as how his days in office are numbered and the end for his reign of communism is quickly coming to an end

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Is there an emoticon that slaps his own face in frustration? Maybe this will suffice: :xmad:

These people are not animals, nor are deserving to be nuked into 'Kingdom Come'. Come on now, let's reason with one another!

And yes Mr. Jarrell, I mostly agree with your assessment, except that a sudden power vacuum in Egypt will not be good for anyone, especially for us and Israel.
    There would be no power vacuum in Egypt. The bureaucracy is not going to disappear over night and there's people already in place to step in as titular heads of state, (not that anyone needs them). As for what's good for America or Israel, who cares? The Egyptian people want freedom after more than 30 years of oppression and tyranny. Our needs vs. their freedom count for very little in my book. I'm sure there were people making similar arguments in the 1770's. I'd rather see the Egyptian people living in freedom than worry about our governments short term discomfort.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Let's see...Obama's regime doesn't support the Egyptian dictator and the Saudi's do. Frankly, Obama's admin has been a bit lukewarm in their support for the people of Egypt in their current struggle to oust the dictator. There's hardly a need to call for genocide because two political entities see things differently. The Saudi's are just rallying behind a fellow tyrant. They see that their days could well be numbered, too.

What they see is the same thing that Israel sees (and they are saying the same thing as the Saudis). That we are happily willing to throw a leader that has been our friend for 30 years to the dogs. You may disagree. You may say he was a vicious dictator (and I won't disagree). But he was a friend to this country, doing a lot dirty work for us when our effeminate leaders wanted to keep the dirt off their hands. He was at least neutral on Israel, keeping the peace that Sadat made with them. So do our other friends get a feeling of confidence that we are there for them when things get tough. Should the Saudis feel we will be there for them when their dancing with radicals comes back to bite them in the butt?

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There would be no power vacuum in Egypt. The bureaucracy is not going to disappear over night and there's people already in place to step in as titular heads of state, (not that anyone needs them). As for what's good for America or Israel, who cares? The Egyptian people want freedom after more than 30 years of oppression and tyranny. Our needs vs. their freedom count for very little in my book. I'm sure there were people making similar arguments in the 1770's. I'd rather see the Egyptian people living in freedom than worry about our governments short term discomfort.

I can't agree with you on the fact that Egyptians will live in 'freedom' with Mubarak and his administration out. I guess that remains to be seen, as my crystal ball is still in the shop. But the track record in the Middle East and Africa doesn't bode well for democracy and freedom.

I agree that as an Egyptian, I wouldn't care less about the wants and needs of the US and Israel. But as an American, I do.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I can't agree with you on the fact that Egyptians will live in 'freedom' with Mubarak and his administration out. I guess that remains to be seen, as my crystal ball is still in the shop. But the track record in the Middle East and Africa doesn't bode well for democracy and freedom.

I agree that as an Egyptian, I wouldn't care less about the wants and needs of the US and Israel. But as an American, I do.
    Well, we'll get a chance to see who's right. The Egyptian VP just announced that Mubarak is gone. The people of Egypt have spoken and been answered. The dictator is gone and the people of Egypt are going to get their wishes for a free democracy, at last. The world's a better place with one less dictator running things.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Well, we'll get a chance to see who's right. The Egyptian VP just announced that Mubarak is gone. The people of Egypt have spoken and been answered. The dictator is gone and the people of Egypt are going to get their wishes for a free democracy, at last. The world's a better place with one less dictator running things.

So how do we get the worthless dictator in DC to get out... And NO this should NOT be in purple?

INGunGuy

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shouldn't we be sending in troops to help the Egyptian people fight for their freedom from a dictator??? I mean, many on here used that as a valid reason to invade and continue to occupy Iraq... Funny how many can be gunho for freedom accross the globe an sending in thousands of our troops to bring "freedom to the people", but if it's a dictator we like, we look the other way. Seems the Egyptian people should be able to decide what they want for themselves, without our intervention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom