• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    “Price firm” always makes me skip the ad especially when the price appears to be ridiculous.
    Ive put price firm on some things. My prices are never rediculous though, but sometimes i may be too high but willing to negotiate or adjust it myself if it sits. You just never know what the market is on some things so sometimes its hard to price fair. I always lose money, the goal is to lose the least amount possible that still makes it worth selling lol.
    I put firm sometimes just to keep the annoying tire kickers away. If you have something popular for sale for 500, you will get "that guy" who will offer you 250. Never fails.
    So firm just tries to not waste my time having to send out a no thanks pm.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh but I disagree...….look at some of my very early offerings.....Hilarious by comparison. If your learning curve is not on a steady climb then yes, you have been wasting a lot of precious time. My curve went from a casual upgrade to near vertical when I met some of the people I now call friends right here in Ingo. And I still learn something everyday and usually one of my own limitations.

If you have the right friends you better have deep pockets. The bar never remains in one place for long. I've lost money on every gun I've sold. Usually somewhere in the $300-$400 range. Even with all that I didn't stop reaching to push that bar until...life happened. I don't mind people trying to low ball when I have something to sell. I usually just chuckle and thank the good Lord that we can still have our own opinions and haggle over such things. In most countries, and this one if the Leftists ever get what they want, we would have to do this in a back alley somewhere.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have traded high end for high end. It works out for both parties some times. Some times I see something I half want and it has been listed forever. I'll offer what it is worth to me. It's not personal and I don't think twice if the person just ignores me. Years ago a young woman asked me for something I had that was very expensive. It took be aback. I asked her why she would even ask. She said you never know if you don't ask. That made sense to me. I still thought she was cray cray for asking but realized how she had some of what she had. I don't get offended when someone offers me less than I want. I do re-look at what I'm asking even if I don't answer.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Ive put price firm on some things. My prices are never rediculous though, but sometimes i may be too high but willing to negotiate or adjust it myself if it sits. You just never know what the market is on some things so sometimes its hard to price fair. I always lose money, the goal is to lose the least amount possible that still makes it worth selling lol.
    I put firm sometimes just to keep the annoying tire kickers away. If you have something popular for sale for 500, you will get "that guy" who will offer you 250. Never fails.
    So firm just tries to not waste my time having to send out a no thanks pm.

I had a guy threaten to report me to the mods cause I wouldn't take his low ball offer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its been several years ago. I can't even remember the offer. It was for a LCP. I told him what he could do to himself.

:thumbsup:

Never had much of that but staff is not generally treated that way.

I showed CKW (spouse) how to post an ad to sell a couple of her guns and brother the dip:poop: and douche nozzles came out of the wood work.
    She mostly told the to go (add something evil) themselves but 1 guy got a page full of me. He just vanished into the ether.

We are currently weeding out the squatters and the flippers'.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I can't think of a thing that makes me stop reading an ad. Now there is nothing that keeps me from doing the Joe Dirt thing when he's looking at the car trader paper. Note to self; if this shutdown keeps the barbers and dog groomers locked down much longer I'm gonna have a nice base for a mullet. Business in the front and party in the back.

Cracker

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 10, 2020
    Hanover
    Oh but I disagree...….look at some of my very early offerings.....Hilarious by comparison. If your learning curve is not on a steady climb then yes, you have been wasting a lot of precious time. My curve went from a casual upgrade to near vertical when I met some of the people I now call friends right here in Ingo. And I still learn something everyday and usually one of my own limitations.

It seems to me you do not have a lot of positive to say. Always a slice or a jab when you post. It gets old. Believe me.
    There is a very deep knowledge pool here. And some shallow genetics as well but hey, life.

One thing I have learned reading around is that disagreeing with you only ends in a ban so I'll be good. Sorry boss.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One thing I have learned reading around is that disagreeing with you only ends in a ban so I'll be good. Sorry boss.

Brother nothing can be farther from the truth. Nothing. And I am sorry you would see it this way.
    Members that disagree with how we run the site get punted into the stands but actually discussing something with me is open season as long as we remain civil in doing so.
    I read a lot. And I mean a lot. Part of the job I guess. I know folks posting styles and usually what to expect in their responses. I am seldom off base and if so not by far. We are who we are after all.

Now, I made a statement as to your posting style. It also seems I am not alone here.

It seems you would disagree.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Maybe not so much words exactly. But how things are written, I browse other classified sites as well as this one.
    It is a hobby. Gun people like specific things, they usually know every detail about the item they are looking for.

If I see a post with generic wording I get a bad feeling in my stomach.

”looking to trade for a 9”
    ”got a .40 trade for .357”
    ”just seeing whats out there, looking for a handgun. Have 500 cash”

Top Bottom