• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Perfect answer. I have never used LTCH here but I do on Armslist...

On Armslist you have a solid reason. I get that and agree but I don't use Armslist….:):

That is what spins me up when new members get all Pi$$y about the posting requirements. If you want a tightly ran forum look at Maryland shooters. Read the lead in rules package there and brother they adhere to it. We here (staff) for the most part anyway, try and be open minded and a bit looser.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    On the LTCH issue,

I haven't ever sold but I have bought a few. It doesn't bother me. I would probably do that because some folks recommended asking for it from someone you don't know. Wouldn't do it to a repeat buyer, seller, someone i had met in person at a meet n greet or a range. wouldn't do it for a long gun.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    LTCH shows one has been checked and verified (at least up to that point) as a proper person.

One is supposed to sell only to those they think are proper.

Asking for proof (beyond their word) is smart.

Don't like it, shop elsewhere.........in the land where everybody tells the truth, and pays whatever your asking price

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Seller makes the rules.
    If ya don't like it, shop elsewhere.
    Its nothing to get bent about.

But some do (the asking for LTCH).
    That says a lot to me.

And it aint good.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    "firm"...

Usually after time passes with no bites, it changes to "make an offer"...

Then the "let me know what you have to trade"....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "firm"...

Usually after time passes with no bites, it changes to "make an offer"...

Then the "let me know what you have to trade"....
    You just never know what's going to be hot. Classifieds slowed down to a crawl for a while. Now everyone got their trump bux and extra 900 a week so they seem back in action.
    I've seen awesome deals sit for a week. But finding the right buyer for that special item isn't easy sometimes.
    The cheap crap will always sell fast. Getting people to come off that money for quality , that can be interesting

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Live in town of seven people fifteen miles under the Earth's surface. Won't travel far." (Price is invariably +20% or more of easily available online prices, but the mole person is used to his LGS' pricing and doesn't know any better)

"I'm pretending it doesn't have a keyhole" - S&W laid in such a way only the side opposite the cylinder release is visible with no photo of the cylinder release side. 100% of the time it's a keyhole gun.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "Live in town of seven people fifteen miles under the Earth's surface. Won't travel far." (Price is invariably +20% or more of easily available online prices, but the mole person is used to his LGS' pricing and doesn't know any better)

"I'm pretending it doesn't have a keyhole" - S&W laid in such a way only the side opposite the cylinder release is visible with no photo of the cylinder release side. 100% of the time it's a keyhole gun.
    just two questions, are you describing somewhere in Crawford County? Why do you hate mole people?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sellers going through this thread learning words to use and not use when posting an ad.. haha;)
    If they have to do that then its not the words they are using its their crappy prices.
    I say what I feel like saying. I'm passionate about my gear even if I'm moving it along to get something new.
    If anyone doesn't like words I use they should keep moving down the road. I don't ever sell anything to feed my family so its no bother to me.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    You just never know what's going to be hot. Classifieds slowed down to a crawl for a while. Now everyone got their trump bux and extra 900 a week so they seem back in action.
    I've seen awesome deals sit for a week. But finding the right buyer for that special item isn't easy sometimes.
    The cheap crap will always sell fast. Getting people to come off that money for quality , that can be interesting

This is why I never allowed myself to impulse buy.

I miss out on a lot of great deals because I have to stare at it... Stare at it... Compare prices... Stare at it.

I'm too poor to take a loss of I change my mind.

Probably why I never buy used. If it's within range of new price, I might as well be first owner.

And I'm a realistic person, so if I sell something I've used I can't expect new price.

I'm old and stuck in prehistoric thought I guess.

When those Donald Dollars slow down and that rent bill comes back... Are you saying I could grab a still NIB trinket for the low low low-ball offer I have in mind???

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Doesn't get discussed a lot, but some folks just won't deal with other members who are off-putting or arrogant in their adds OR in the discussion forums.

Beyond too high pricing or declaring "firm" for something that is no where near a good deal, some sellers are just abrasive in their overall manner.

It's not common, yet does happen that some items that should have sold just don't due to the "vibe" person selling them has.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Doesn't get discussed a lot, but some folks just won't deal with other members who are off-putting or arrogant in their adds OR in the discussion forums.

Beyond too high pricing or declaring "firm" for something that is no where near a good deal, some sellers are just abrasive in their overall manner.

It's not common, yet does happen that some items that should have sold just don't due to the "vibe" person selling them has.

In that vein, I have skipped over WTS ads just because the seller was pre-emptively being a jerk. Not so much what was said, but how.

For example, something like

DON'T ask if I want to trade. I DON'T.
    DON'T lowball me. YOU WILL BE IGNORED.
    DON'T make an offer unless you are IN MY AREA.

Makes me want to say "Dude, take a pill. I'll just buy from someone else."

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

That's my use for the "ignore" feature. It's a reminder not to do business with that individual. I can be friends and/or do business with people who disagree with me. I can't be friends/do business with people who come across as unstable, having anger issues, or just overly negative personalities. They just aren't worth my time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    just two questions, are you describing somewhere in Crawford County? Why do you hate mole people?

Maybe, and because I'm not crawling through Nutty Putty (youtube that, unless you have any hint of claustrophobia, then never youtube that) to buy your gun at a non-competitive price.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    That's my use for the "ignore" feature. It's a reminder not to do business with that individual. I can be friends and/or do business with people who disagree with me. I can't be friends/do business with people who come across as unstable, having anger issues, or just overly negative personalities. They just aren't worth my time.

I'm not much of a classified member, but it brings a question. When someone is on ignore do their classified ads show?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Keeps from having to meet to sell, then source the new item and wait on it too.
    Sometimes it works out. Sometimes no one wants to trade or has the trade.

If you ask for a particular trade, sure, I guess.

But we regularly get ads where the O.P. is open to trade offers but not to selling. Those are the weird ones.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you ask for a particular trade, sure, I guess.

But we regularly get ads where the O.P. is open to trade offers but not to selling. Those are the weird ones.
    The fish tank trades show up every now and then.

Top Bottom