• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you ask for a particular trade, sure, I guess.

But we regularly get ads where the O.P. is open to trade offers but not to selling. Those are the weird ones.

The fish tank trades show up every now and then.
    Yep agreed camping josh.

Ha yeah Kelly lol.
    Ive bought all kinds of non gun stuff off ingo. You just necer know whats gonna pop up here (thats what she said) or if you put a want to buy ad, who will reply having what you are looking for. Its pretty awesome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep agreed camping josh.

Ha yeah Kelly lol.
    Ive bought all kinds of non gun stuff off ingo. You just necer know whats gonna pop up here (thats what she said) or if you put a want to buy ad, who will reply having what you are looking for. Its pretty awesome.

Do you need a tig machine.....:):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But we regularly get ads where the O.P. is open to trade offers but not to selling. Those are the weird ones.

I think that's often an easy way to not worry about "market fluctuations", so to speak. If the market is up, both our guns are up and it's a wash. If it's down, both our guns are down and it's a wash. It's also a decent way to get support gear. Selling a gun with 8 magazines pretty much always nets you less then selling them separately, but on a trade we can also trade magazines, trade holsters, etc.

Now that I think about it, it might also be a way to keep money in guns for some...less independently minded individuals, shall we say. Some folks walk in the door with $1k from a gun sale and there spouse finds out, that $1k becomes a new back splash in the kitchen...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that's often an easy way to not worry about "market fluctuations", so to speak. If the market is up, both our guns are up and it's a wash. If it's down, both our guns are down and it's a wash. It's also a decent way to get support gear. Selling a gun with 8 magazines pretty much always nets you less then selling them separately, but on a trade we can also trade magazines, trade holsters, etc.

Now that I think about it, it might also be a way to keep money in guns for some...less independently minded individuals, shall we say. Some folks walk in the door with $1k from a gun sale and there spouse finds out, that $1k becomes a new back splash in the kitchen...

Brother you are so spot on.....:):

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby

I sold a Jeep to fund a motorcycle and felt like I had to pay taxes on the money.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Honestly, this is my thing on wanting trades. If money doesn't change hands than she doesn't care. But if I have cash to buy a shiny new gun, then I have cash to spend on something for the family. The worst part... I agree with her. My spare cash goes to family things first. Trades keep me net-zero.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Honestly, this is my thing on wanting trades. If money doesn't change hands than she doesn't care. But if I have cash to buy a shiny new gun, then I have cash to spend on something for the family. The worst part... I agree with her. My spare cash goes to family things first. Trades keep me net-zero.

There's not only the thrill of the chase, but increasing value on your net-zero. Started by trading that fish tank/channel cat combo for a knife. 17 trades later got a Daniel Defense AR!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There is merit in this "But".....after years and years and years of supporting my family and others outside of this I find any spare cash I manage to muster to be exactly that.....spare. As I have already done everything needed in and around the family. If I take away from the needs of those I still hold an umbrella over to shield them from lifes storms I loose sleep. Extra to "Me" (MPO and nothing more) is extra. It is mine to decide what is to be done with it.

Trust in the fact that she who must be obeyed (Thanks Rhino...:)) is well taken care of and she gets her "Cut" of any and all activities from my "Extra" revenue streams. If I sell one she gets her cut. If I buy one she gets her cut from that as well. If I build/buy her a new one she still gets a cut. Go figure.....:):

It all works out at the end of the day.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There is merit in this "But".....after years and years and years of supporting my family and others outside of this I find any spare cash I manage to muster to be exactly that.....spare. As I have already done everything needed in and around the family. If I take away from the needs of those I still hold an umbrella over to shield them from lifes storms I loose sleep. Extra to "Me" (MPO and nothing more) is extra. It is mine to decide what is to be done with it.

Trust in the fact that she who must be obeyed (Thanks Rhino...:)) is well taken care of and she gets her "Cut" of any and all activities from my "Extra" revenue streams. If I sell one she gets her cut. If I buy one she gets her cut from that as well. If I build/buy her a new one she still gets a cut. Go figure.....:):

Like that scene in Goodfellas when Henry and Tommy kicked 15% to Paulie?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    One thing I learned as a one person income, although I am sure it can be improved on, I get paid, she gets her money and we both have wants. SO.....

If she want's something, she has to save back say 20% of the cost and I pay the rest. The biggest advantage for me is it makes her prioritize things bought for/around the house and keeps her underbudget or she gets none of what she wants. It also takes the pressure off of me to spend to keep her happy and going over budget. Makes us both buy into a purchase. If it is something for just me (guns,tools) or her (clothes, crafts stuff, wood for her projects etc) , unless its on a gift list, it is bought from our own pocket, we have to save for it.

For example, we have a water softener that does not always regenerate so she wants to replace it. She does go by it everyday though so once a week she hits the manual regen. So for me that's a want, not a need :)

Now if an item becomes a need, like it just quit working then it moves from want to need and comes out of a different budget.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One thing I learned as a one person income, although I am sure it can be improved on, I get paid, she gets her money and we both have wants. SO.....

If she want's something, she has to save back say 20% of the cost and I pay the rest. The biggest advantage for me is it makes her prioritize things bought for/around the house and keeps her underbudget or she gets none of what she wants. It also takes the pressure off of me to spend to keep her happy and going over budget. Makes us both buy into a purchase. If it is something for just me (guns,tools) or her (clothes, crafts stuff, wood for her projects etc) , unless its on a gift list, it is bought from our own pocket, we have to save for it.

For example, we have a water softener that does not always regenerate so she wants to replace it. She does go by it everyday though so once a week she hits the manual regen. So for me that's a want, not a need :)

Now if an item becomes a need, like it just quit working then it moves from want to need and comes out of a different budget.

I have tools. I use them to generate revenue. They have and do support us. So a tool purchase is usually a need to complete a project. I use them to make/build/modify all the projects her active mind can generate because she knows I have those tools and she makes sure they get used. There is a cycle here....:):

She wanted a simple deck outside the back door when we took out the hot tub and surrounding fence. Just a place to sit with a nice shade umbrella. So being a somewhat creative minded person and having all the tools she "Never" questions me buying I put this together for her. Because we see to each others needs without argument or "CONTROL"......For all the things she does for me...…:)

Partnership works this way.

hnWRMkl.jpg

sOhpeiH.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Do you need a tig machine.....:):
    That depends---is it an inverter? Does it have the foot pedal and HF start?
    LOL.

I guess I never gave the classifieds here much thought. I've only sold one or two items over the years and I've never bought anything. But I totally see the "trigger words" mentioned. I look at at this way-- a good ad might not guarantee a good experience. But a bad one might assure a bad experience/seller.

I admit I'm really baffled by all the unfired guns for sale. Why the heck to people buy a gun a never shoot it? Worse-- why to they think it's not a "used" gun just because it's unfired. A used Glock with no rounds is a used Glock with 100 rounds is a used glock with 1000 rounds or 10,000 rds. Heck, most of us might pay more for the high round count gun to get the better trigger.

Folks, a gun is only new once. If you aren't buying it from a retailer/FFL and filling out paperwork, it's not new.

I also see both sides in the ads. For every AR seller who thinks his Delton Sport is worth $1200 because of his "mad upgrade skillz", there's a buyer who thinks a DD is worth $600 because "used ARs are all over the place."

The beauty of free enterprise is that only one buyer and one seller need to meet and agree to terms-- the rest of us can be convinced one or the other is certifiable, and that doesn't matter.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have tools. I use them to generate revenue. They have and do support us. So a tool purchase is usually a need to complete a project. I use them to make/build/modify all the projects her active mind can generate because she knows I have those tools and she makes sure they get used. There is a cycle here....:):

She wanted a simple deck outside the back door when we took out the hot tub and surrounding fence. Just a place to sit with a nice shade umbrella. So being a somewhat creative minded person and having all the tools she "Never" questions me buying I put this together for her. Because we see to each others needs without argument or "CONTROL"......For all the things she does for me...…:)

Partnership works this way.

hnWRMkl.jpg

sOhpeiH.jpg

Exactly-- partnership.

My engineering mind sees lots of triangles in that structure and rejoices in them. An engineer that doesn't love triangles isn't a real engineer. Sort of like voting for Biden and belonging to a certain race, lol!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly-- partnership.

My engineering mind sees lots of triangles in that structure and rejoices in them. An engineer that doesn't love triangles isn't a real engineer. Sort of like voting for Biden and belonging to a certain race, lol!

My neighbor is a contractor. He came over after we had it framed up and verified it aint going no where.

I love triangles.....:):

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    OK this hits squarely in my wheelhouse. I can not leave anything alone. Cars bikes boats guns houses you name it.
    Never could modify a woman but that's for another thread. Second thought forget that please.

Fellas....if you are not willing to step up to the table then find another restaurant. No knock but seriously, I get it but again, if you build one up then yes you will take a BATH WHEN YOU TRY AND SELL IT ESPECIALLY HERE.

That's just a truth we all deal with. I am upside down in every gun I have in the safe thanks to my passion to modify stuff. That is my sickness. But when I post one up and some jackwagon says "Well really, it's just a 1911 or just another AR so it is only worth XXX that sets my hair on fire. Knowing it is modified and out of your budget like the OP stated.….just move to the next one or buy a RIA. I hear some of the farm stores are selling some really nice AR's and Tisa's.

OK that's my rant for the day.

Huh. I thought I would feel better.....:):

.....but my RIA is really nice. It's one of a kind...... it works!

Top Bottom