• ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    AAR:

I had blast, big thanks to all that came out hopefully you all learned something.

Things I learned....... Rabbits like to eat black pearl necklases, I rememberd that my sleeping bag was not rated for cold temperatures, calling an invention a "butt buddy" is NOT good marketing.........., lastly....

RACOONS ARE INSIDE THE WIRE RANGER RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Big thanks to DHolder for his help and a big thanks to swat doc for his first aid class, I really enjoyed listening to you both.

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    wonderful class and great instructors. Thanks guys for setting it up, and I can't wait for the next one. By the way, you can never have too many butt buddies....the seats not the other thing.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Great time, looking forward to the next one. Thank you E5Ranger, TacticalDave, DHolder and Swatmedic for getting this together, and thanks to everyone else who showed up as well. Was good meeting everyone, and looking forward to see some of the possible signature lines that may appear from this trip. :yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Thanks to all of the people who came to class!! BIG A++ MARKS to SWATDOC for his awesome instruction on first aid/trauma. and DHOLDER for his AWESOME instruction on fire building and knot tying and also other input and for the tasty treats!!! mmmmm mmmmm good stew, and cobler, and he makes a nice butt buddy too, LMAO. Also big thanks to Tyler34 for the 550 bracelets he made for the class, and also for the best knife sharpening ever, plus he's an awesome cook!!!! Pamcake, big thanks to you and SWATDOC for the firewood.
    met a lot of nice people and new friends. including the racoons with teeth :)

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I've been waiting to make a post about the get together, It was great for me to get out there and meet the people I did. I'm just sorry I had to leave before all the classes were complete.

I'm looking forward to additional training sessions and I sure am sad that I missed the bunny stew.

Thanks E5RANGER, TacticalDave, DHOLDER, PAMCAKES, SWATDOC, TYLER34 and to those whose names I have forgotten, I apologize, but thanks to you too for showing up and letting it be known that there is an interest in this kind of information/training.

Le Doug

Tyler34's beans were awsome!

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    THANKS... to every single person who gave up their time this weekend to come and learn more about being prepared. Special thanks to Ranger, and Dave for putting this thing together. :rockwoot:

I would like to say, that every person in attenance, walked away with more knowledge than they came with, and some got more info than they needed!:stickpoke:

I would like to say... ALL things mentioned, about my "invention" were true it was the 90's though, I just had some problems with comming up with an apporpriate name. So, that being said, I've "covered my a**", let the (I use this term with caution) flaming begin.:ingo: Don FLAME SUIT ON :laugh: :popcorn:

Last edited:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I had a great time. I met alot of great and quality people who knew a lot and were willing to share. Thank you to all who contributed. Hope to see ya'll again.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It was great to meet all of you. I learned a ton, and re-learned things that shouldn't have been forgotten.

Thanks to everyone for coming, and especially to E5RANGER and TacticalDave for pulling this together, as well as all of the isntructors. All of you seemed like top notch down-to-earth folks, and I feel privileged to have met you. :ingo:

I look forward to future adventures in the wilds (or not-so-wilds) of Indiana.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    Thanks to E5RANGER375, Tactical Dave, Dholder, and swatdoc for sharing your knowledge in this class. I had a great time meeting all of you and learned some great things in the class. Thanks to Don for allowing me to share your tent. Thanks Tyler for the knife sharpening and for the survival bracelets and the awesome beans and now I know who the original inventor of the "butt buddy" is (at least the kind that has the seat cushions on hunting vests :D), how to build a shelter and how to keep off the ground and stay warm, how to tie some new knots, and how to treat/stabilize some common injuries while in the woods. Also, thanks to 308 jake for cooking me some great burgers and potatoes and for the info on an easier way to skin a deer. I had a great time, enjoyed meeting you all, and look forward to a future, more advanced class.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    for the ADVANCED WOODLAND SURVIVAL CLASS, i would like to get a dedicated group madeup mostly of the people who attended the first BASIC WOODLAND SURVIVAL CLASS. Then we will hike out and you will live on what you have and can catch and gather for the time of the class (while being instructed). This way we will teach as its being demonstrated and it will be much more organized and by visualy seeing it implimented you will retain it better. basicly we will operate the ADVANCED CLASS exactly like any military survival class. It will be a good, tiring, tough, class. DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Im in too!!!

The first class was excellent. Very laid back environment as well as fun and informative. Thanks to Ranger and Tactical Dave for setting this up. I had to take off early on Sunday so I didnt get to personally thank everyone and say goodbye like I wanted too. I am in for any and all classes in the future, work permitting. I encourage everyone to bring their kids as this was a great group. I wish my daughter was a little older as I would/will be bringing her in the future. I am hoping to find a way to mount my microwave and coffeepot to my pack so I can make my taters'.:): Very nice meeting all of you!!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The first class was excellent. Very laid back environment as well as fun and informative. Thanks to Ranger and Tactical Dave for setting this up. I had to take off early on Sunday so I didnt get to personally thank everyone and say goodbye like I wanted too. I am in for any and all classes in the future, work permitting. I encourage everyone to bring their kids as this was a great group. I wish my daughter was a little older as I would/will be bringing her in the future. I am hoping to find a way to mount my microwave and coffeepot to my pack so I can make my taters'.:): Very nice meeting all of you!!!!

:laugh: yep, i love my coffee too. taters over some hot coals are always good eatin. the rabbit stew was awesome thanks to DHolder. but also the baked beans from tyler were to die for, and i think my wife did die alittle in the tent with me that night when they started to work their magic :laugh:

Top Bottom