• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Equating vaccination with fear is probably not warranted for most people. There's a whole list of vaccines I've had over the course of my life and I don't recall fearing any of the diseases they were for. Get it, don't get it, but neither side should be making sweeping generalizations about the metal state or emotions of whoever does what they don't want to do.
    Ever read about tetanus? I'll freely admit I fear it and will get vaccinated for it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ever read about tetanus? I'll freely admit I fear it and will get vaccinated for it.
    Same. I trust it more than the issue at hand because its a tried and true vax and a good track record. I think that is where many antis sit. They want something they know works, and wont cause long term issues. So far the former is turning out to be not so effective.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet $20 that douchecanoe is a democrat. Am I right? (The mayor, not Jetta... we all know HE's a douche. LOL :stickpoke:)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And since I dont want to get into an argument, because I know I wont change her mind, an old friend on FB who is in healthcare and has become popular on TikTok for her take on all things 'rona, posted about him supporting his statement. I so badly want to say (and actually had it typed up but chose not to send) "hey, I thought when Orange Man Bad used this language, it was beneath elected office. How is this different?"

But I knew she would just make excuses and continue to ignore anything video she posts. (which is at least once a day) :rolleyes:

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Lots of well thought out and articulate responses here, not that tyrannical fear mongers pay any attention to that sort of thing.
    Statistically, my kids and I would survive Covid, but I also recognize the existence of Statistical anomalies. For us, those anomalies do not out weigh the risk of taking an experimental drug, especially a drug whose effectiveness is proving to be questionable at best.

I totally understand why at risk individuals would be willing to take the vaccine, but I've known several of those individuals who have contracted covid without the need for clinical treatment of any kind. The only fatality that I know was in the final stages of cancer and was not long for this world regardless. No doubt about it, covid killed her, but if it hadn't, she was within weeks, if not days of leaving this world and those days were going to be very painful.

All this to say that I see no plausible benefit for my family's health if we take a vaccine. I can see where others may reach a different conclusio. Especially if they do not consider the facts, or their circumstances are different than mine. The only benefit we would potentially receive would be financial in nature which I find absolutely reprehensible. So, for me and mine, the answer is a hard NO.

Now, if they had cultivated antibodies from the plasma of recovered patients, I'd be willing to give that more consideration. Injecting man made chemicals into my body, or the bodies of my children is something I normally avoid if possible.

Then there's the whole Big Pharma issue which is a novel that makes War and Peace look like a periodical...

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So... is being scared of a vaccine with a much lower mortality rate over the border of moronic?

One man's "being scared" is another man's "being prudent & prepared" (see: "prepping")
    we know the fatality rate of the disease. We do not know the fatality rate of taking the vaccine beyond a few months and even that data is very sketchy.

Since the fatality rate of the virus for a healthy person less than 70 years old is virtually nil, the unknown risks of a vaccine seem to be relatively higher at this point. So for me - no vaccine. I'm less than 70, no comorbidities and my risk of dying from COVID are lower than from the flu. And I don't get a flu shot either.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The only point I disagree with on that is that we know the reported numbers. That's very different from knowing the actual fatality rate. I suspect, given the information out on misreporting and inflated numbers, the actual fatality rate is quite a bit lower than what we've been told.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The only point I disagree with on that is that we know the reported numbers. That's very different from knowing the actual fatality rate. I suspect, given the information out on misreporting and inflated numbers, the actual fatality rate is quite a bit lower than what we've been told.
    Why do you suspect they're inflated, and not deflated?

Perhaps the gov is hiding deaths from us.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Why do you suspect they're inflated, and not deflated?

Perhaps the gov is hiding deaths from us.

It's been reported, even by MSM, that deaths with COVID and deaths from COVID were both reported as COVID deaths. It's unknown how long that was done, or if it ever stopped. There's no way to know what the accurate death toll is for deaths due to only COVID are due to this.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I completely agree. Not many people have died from COVID. But lots of people have died with COVID.

Our health care system subsidized the categorizing of COVID as cause of death. I know from being and economics major that you always get more of what you subsidize. So I know for a fact that COVID deaths are over reported.

How much is up for debate but I would guess by a very large number based on conversation I had with a board member from a very large hospital system in Central Indiana. He told me that the state government had instructed their hospital to classify everything that they could as a COVID death because the hospital would receive more money and the state would as well.

Since no one was ever going to look at or audit the cause of death, everyone who died would have gotten a COVID code.

Top Bottom