• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I had a family member tell me, right to my face, that since I haven’t been vaccinated, I deserve to get sick and be on a ventilator. Oh, and I’m also a horse’s ass.
    I have scrupulously avoid talking vaccination with my unvaccinated friends and family. No good can come of it and its their business. I think it's probably a good rule for everyone on any side. People either will or won't get vaccinated and no amount of jawboning one way or the other is going to change minds at this point.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They really don't get it, do they? Of course the virus is real. Nobody knows the long-term effect of the vaccine. Just because puppet Joe says it's a fact that the vaccine works and is safe, doesn't mean it is.
    Well... The (possible) long-term effect of the virus is death, for one thing... And the delta variant seems to be somewhat more adept at dispensing that for young folks.

Seems like the known risks of COVID should be feared more than the unknown risks of a vaccine.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well... The (possible) long-term effect of the virus is death, for one thing... And the delta variant seems to be somewhat more adept at dispensing that for young folks.

Seems like the known risks of COVID should be feared more than the unknown risks of a vaccine.

You have links to back up that it's more deadly for the young? Everything I've heard and read is that it's more contagious, but much less deadly than the standard variant.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    He’s right. Our first Christmas after we were married, my wife got me a sign I proudly hang in my garage to this day that says (actually you have to read it) “A—hole’s Garage”. Yes, we are still married 21 years later. Yes, I am not vaccinated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the Lancet article (emphasis mine):
    "In summary, we show that the Delta VOC in Scotland was found mainly in younger, more affluent groups. Risk of COVID-19 hospital admission was approximately doubled in those with the Delta VOC when compared to the Alpha VOC, with risk of admission particularly increased in those with five or more relevant comorbidities. Both the Oxford–AstraZeneca and Pfizer–BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines were effective in reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 hospitalisation in people with the Delta VOC, but these effects on infection appeared to be diminished when compared to those with the Alpha VOC. We had insufficient numbers of hospital admissions to compare between vaccines in this respect. The Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccine appeared less effective than the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection in those with the Delta VOC. Given the observational nature of these data, estimates of vaccine effectiveness need to be interpreted with caution."

Conclusion (mine): Meh.

From the asm article:

"Still, it is difficult to determine whether Delta is actually making people sicker than previous forms of the virus or if it is simply circulating amongst more vulnerable populations where case numbers are high, vaccination rates are low and increased stress on hospital systems is impacting patient care and disease outcomes."

Conclusion (mine): Meh.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The long term effect of life is death. Being scared of a virus with a mortality rate this low is idiotic bordering on moronic.
    So... is being scared of a vaccine with a much lower mortality rate over the border of moronic?

One man's "being scared" is another man's "being prudent & prepared" (see: "prepping")

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So... is being scared of a vaccine with a much lower mortality rate over the border of moronic?

One man's "being scared" is another man's "being prudent & prepared" (see: "prepping")
    And one man's "being prudent and prepared" means weighing the likelihood of serious consequences from the virus vs. the likelihood of serious consequences from the vaccine (not necessarily morbidity in either case) and making an informed decision based on that, not on what politicians and federal agencies that change their minds every other day tell them.

My point is, it should be an individual's choice one way or another.

Top Bottom