With Current World Events, How Worried Are You?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    We all see what is going on in the world especially in the middle east. How worried are you about potential terrorist attacks in the United States? I'm not talking about something like 9/11 but small localized events like shootings by sleeper cells or small groups. Honestly, it has made me really press to get to where I want to be gear wise. I have purchased two holsters and I have been shopping for optics for my AR the past few weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has been thinking the same thing.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    The threat level has been increasing since January 2021.

I have been slowly trying to improve my defensive position and options for both myself and my Nation for long before that.

The best you can do is to be as prepared as your circumstances, finances and mind set permit. Improving your skills and preparedness are never a bad thing, and if current events have spurred you to improve your preparedness faster, that is probably a good thing as well.

Stay aware, stay prepared, and be ready to flip the switch if evil rises near you.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I advise all my friends to stock up on ammo.
    What worries me the most is the number of young males crossing the southern border.
    I think the number caught from the Terrorist Watchlist was about 170. I can only imagine the number that made it through without apprehension.
    I've taken to carry everywhere I go, and even at home.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well yes. But I'm more çoncerned with local threats than overseas events but I do watch them closely.
    I firmly believe that after watching the actions of our government that, that is our biggest threat to American freedom and security (if there is such a thing).

I have learned that whatever the Democrats, liberals and the so called left accuses others of, it's because they are guilty of the very same thing and they are just trying to deflect our attention.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

I have learned that whatever the Democrats, liberals and the so called left accuses others of, it's because they are guilty of the very same thing and they are just trying to deflect our attention.

"...When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” John 8:44

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m not worried at all about things happening out where I live. I am concerned that DC will use the situation, especially if/when it escalates to cram down their dreams for guns, the economy, equity, etc. I am concerned they will be able to leverage public support to achieve their objectives if they can successfully convince them giving up liberty and turning on their neighbors will keep them safe. (Covid was a test run for such, and I think it was successful).

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Yeah, well that's a little over the top I think.
    Yeah I agree, but for the really paranoid crowd it may be just standard. My 1st post was kind of tongue in cheek, I am not really that paranoid.

However; I had a friend that was a Vietnam vet and he seemingly lived that way for several years until he was able to overcome the demons. Spooky person to be around in the daylight, I had to be on full alert all the time as I never knew what might happen.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I’m not worried at all about things happening out where I live. I am concerned that DC will use the situation, especially if/when it escalates to cram down their dreams for guns, the economy, equity, etc. I am concerned they will be able to leverage public support to achieve their objectives if they can successfully convince them giving up liberty and turning on their neighbors will keep them safe. (Covid was a test run for such, and I think it was successful).

QFT - I think the shift to people behaving as subjects rather than citizens is a greater threat. People let fear motivate them to give up everything in the name of 'safety' but our biggest danger is our own corrupt gov. Yes, Covid was 100% a successful test case and unless people can find their own backbones while groping around in their self-imposed darkness this will only permit more encroachment on our rights.

Yes, I've changed my own preferences and carry everywhere now. I worry about magazine capacity and have amended my carry choice to better address circumstances I may find myself in. I'm not running in circles like chicken little, hands up and fretting about everything. I am, however, looking into the eyes of people around me and judging threat levels in a way that I had not in prior years. Funny thing, this has tightened up my faith in my Creator and I find that helps to guide me on situations and people. Those 'weird vibes' or 'gut feelings' are certainly our internal security alarms and we should listen to them and plan accordingly... :twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh.

I switched to the Glock platform some years ago, abandoning the 1911. Terror threats were more apparent then, with Islamic terrorists taking action. The emphasis then was precision under pressure with your high capacity firearm.

While the apparent terrorists may have changed, the threat really hasn't.

Islamic terrorism could happen again. Doesn't really matter though. Nor does it matter if the threat is a Nashville or Maine nut job or even groups of them. The mentally challenged that wish to take out inocents during their suicide is something to prepare for. Be it terrorism that is self-centered or for some silly-assed "cause."

The most of the preparation is the training to effectively use the tools you can carry daily. So while smart picking of the best tools for the job at hand is paramount, also is the training of how and when to use them. Use them with the precision necessary to not be more of a threat yourself than a savior to you and yours, along with others.

Another factor that is a consideration is how one carries effective tools so descretely, as to not be caught. You can't use it, if you don't have it, or if it's not adequate for the job at hand.

Snub noses and really small pistols are great for unarmed or under armed threats, but not what you'd want to effectively stop a threat with a long gun or even a modern high capacity service pistol. Let alone multiple threats.

:twocents:

Last edited:

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    We all see what is going on in the world especially in the middle east. How worried are you about potential terrorist attacks in the United States? I'm not talking about something like 9/11 but small localized events like shootings by sleeper cells or small groups.
    I don't think it's a question of "if" it will happen, but "when" & "where" it will happen.
    Terrorist groups have access to the internet and understand how open the US southern border is.
    By their very nature they are criminals. As most people understand, "criminals" have little regard for laws.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The terrorism and barbarism are designed to generate the reaction we see. I’m more concerned with the reaction our government has to the threat they’ve invented into this country over our southern border. The terror incident will be over the next day, the death and destruction mourned and rebuilt. We still live with the decisions made in haste and fear after 9/11.

I’ve made my peace with God and surrendered to his will. I will fight for my family and my neighbor. Good people must step up to take back this country from the people driving us to the brink.

Remember that everything has its season, this country and the world have been to the brink many times before. Place your faith in the hope and love that is God.

Top Bottom