• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I'm in need of a new router. Mine died. It was 10 years old. So I'm in the market. Need a good one but don't want to break the bank.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bought my last Cisco router at Walmart for about 70 bucks or so, as I recall. Works great and took just a few minutes to set up. I've used Cisco's for ages and never had a problem. If your computers are newer you'll probably notice an improvement in your signal and performance. I did when I upgraded.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    One computer is less then a year and the other is about 7 yrs old. And I use the iPad on it too. I'm going to best buy later and will look at them.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    I would look at the Linksys models. Much better quality than D-Link and some other brands, and reasonably priced.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just don't get an expensive linksys that boasts apps. They are a privacy nightmare ( won't run unless you setup an account at linksys.com) and there is no guarantee the apps will always be available.

A $50-100 linksys is ok for the vast majority.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I use NetGear, I have a WNR3500 sitting on top of the desk on the west side of the house, and a WNR3100 sitting in the living room on the east side of the house.
    Too many walls and distance to cover with one. Both have functioned flawlessly and replaced an old Linksys wired router that went south 6 years ago.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My one Cisco (Linksys) router covers my entire house. Probably going to add an extender soon because one computer, (my sons), doesn't have as strong a signal as it could.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I had to buy a new one last year, and ended up with a Netgear Wndr3700v4. It has been good so far. Check out Frys they usually have good deals on networking equipment.

sassy lassy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Elizabeth
    I bought mine at Goodwill for $4. They always seem to have at least a couple and if they don't work, you can return them for in-store credit.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Had to replace mine a month ago and decided on a Cisco Linksys EA3500. It was very easy to set up and supports 3 laptops, 2 androids and 1 iPad. Not all at the same time. I seem to get lag if I'm on a laptop and OG is surfing INGO on her android.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have 2 Linksys WRT54G-L models that I have put DD-WRT on, and they run great. I also take care of the IT at work, and when our wireless access point died last summer, my research pointed to Asus as having the most reliable routers/access points. I got an RT-N66U for work. Dual band, strong signals, three antenna for directional coverage. Firmware will also natively let you turn it into a wireless access point, behind another router.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I'm in need of a new router. Mine died. It was 10 years old. So I'm in the market. Need a good one but don't want to break the bank.

did you ever end up getting one? If I had seen this earlier I could have given you one for free. I upgraded to frontier internet last year and their modems are wireless routers, thus rendering the netgear router I have useless. Just sittin upstairs collecting dust.

Top Bottom