Status
    Not open for further replies.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Unfortunately in healthcare it seems that more companies are deciding to make it mandatory. So who's to say if a person quits or gets fired for refusing the vax then the next employer will make the requirement. We gave them an inch with the flu shot mandate so now what's stopping them from any mandate for any and all vaccines. Since the ACA passed it is hard pressed to work for a small private healthcare facility, big corporations such as IU is buying up all the private practices.
    What percentage of employees quitting would cause a breakdown of services at these hospitals?
    My neighbor, who is an administrator with 19+ years at IU Ball is going to quit........just adding more data...

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Unfortunately in healthcare it seems that more companies are deciding to make it mandatory. So who's to say if a person quits or gets fired for refusing the vax then the next employer will make the requirement. We gave them an inch with the flu shot mandate so now what's stopping them from any mandate for any and all vaccines. Since the ACA passed it is hard pressed to work for a small private healthcare facility, big corporations such as IU is buying up all the private practices.
    Well then it may be time for a career change or open your own facility.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    What percentage of employees quitting would cause a breakdown of services at these hospitals?
    My neighbor, who is an administrator with 19+ years at IU Ball is going to quit........just adding more data...
    I agree and said the same in the IN companies requiring vaccine thread. This will play out heavily in the current economic environment of significant employee shortages.

Everything is a test of losing freedoms. It's probably the final push (until the new scary Fall variant), to coerce individuals to get the shot. It's terrible what has been done to the hard working American workers livelihood, for them and their families.

The last couple months with Fauci emails, etc, has created a change. Who's to say that there won't be just as many companies not hiring vaccinated employees? At what point later this year will potential shot side effects support that approach?

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I don't know what the numbers are but I keep hears that nurses are in very short supply in many places. I know there are several units already using traveling nurses which they pay a premium for.

I've heard IU is prepping to have job fairs and such. They know people are going to quit just don't know how many yet. Also IU just gave very nice company wide raises and I mean very nice. It sure looks like they are trying to buy people off. However the way I look at is that the past several years the raises were dismal so now they are just playing catch up.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Truthfully I feel like this is an entirely different conversation that goes outside the scope of simply COVID vaccine. Employer rights, employee rights, medical rights... I don't think it's a simple answer/conversation and I find myself looking at the topic from a lot of different sides. I go back and forth on how I feel about this sort of thing, and I honestly hate that feeling of being unsure of my own opinion on it.

Not intended to be a non-answer, that's just the truth.
    I think that’s where a lot of the regular folks are as well, and why so many are uneducated followers. While you do get a lot of razzing, we do see where you’re coming from and see that you have substantial education and experience and operate within the medical field with great knowledge in just this sort of thing.

I’ll be the first in line to tell everybody that once that red pill hits, it’s a bitter pill to swallow, especially when it becomes illuminated that you’ve worked your entire adult life as a pawn in someone else’s game. It’s disgusting, hurtful and soul-crushing, and leaves you yearning to learn more about how things really operate and who you really are deep inside.

Ultimately, it boils down to foundational principles and one has to ask themself this question:

“Does what I believe in constitute the best practice of individual sovereignty and liberty?”

Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    When it comes to workplace ultimatums - I was just informed that they are “requiring” the vaccine as well.

I feel the pain that many are feeling and I’m left with a few choices:

1: Fight it, sue and most likely get fired from a 20-year career;

2: Play the game and show them my “vacc card” and go on about my business;

3: Just plain up and leave and find something else.

Ultimately, do I stand up for what I believe in, even though I’ll most likely lose because the game is rigged - or - do I play the game better than them (since the rules don’t seem to apply anymore anyway) and stay gainfully employed while I find a job with a culture that cares about liberty and won’t bow to the woke social pressure climate?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I probably over simplify it to; no individual should be forced to ingest or inject anything by any other, for any reason.
    That’s kinda where I land. I think employers have a right to require certain things of their employees to a point. And then at that point it’s no longer their business.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When it comes to workplace ultimatums - I was just informed that they are “requiring” the vaccine as well.

Ultimately, do I stand up for what I believe in, even though I’ll most likely lose because the game is rigged - or - do I play the game better than them (since the rules don’t seem to apply anymore anyway) and stay gainfully employed while I find a job with a culture that cares about liberty and won’t bow to the woke social pressure climate?

Restated; heads I win, tails you lose...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I think that’s where a lot of the regular folks are as well, and why so many are uneducated followers. While you do get a lot of razzing, we do see where you’re coming from and see that you have substantial education and experience and operate within the medical field with great knowledge in just this sort of thing.

I’ll be the first in line to tell everybody that once that red pill hits, it’s a bitter pill to swallow, especially when it becomes illuminated that you’ve worked your entire adult life as a wn in someone else’s game. It’s disgusting, hurtful and soul-crushing, and leaves you yearning to learn more about how things really operate and who you really are deep inside.

Ultimately, it boils down to foundational principles and one has to ask themself this question:

“Does what I believe in constitute the best practice of individual sovereignty and liberty?”
    Agreed to all and thanks for the kind words. Your last sentence is why I'm careful to never call for government mandates of anything.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Restated; heads I win, tails you lose...
    no one wins in this scenario

Interestingly enough I just got a notification that Marion county will not be lifting restrictions because vaccination rate is still well below 50%.43% got 1 shot 39% got both.
    Also interesting that although Marion county isn’t anywhere close to vaccinated enough to reach herd immunity according to those in power covid cases continue to decline with only 31 new cases today.

as I’ve wondered openly before is the vaccine being pushed so hard right now because covid is going away on its own? Because if we listen to fauci and the CDC we should be hitting the hospital capacity breaking point again with vaccine compliance so low.

edit: it’s also worth noting along that line of thinking that no one would design a bio weapon without a cure or a degradation time/method. Hence why previous thinking was to aerosolize a deadly disease that wasn’t super contagious so that the bio weapon wouldn’t kill the whole world.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I hate the whole concept of applying pressure to force people to do things they don't want to do. Employers that apply this pressure are wrong. That kind of pressure should be illegal and hopefully someday it will be.

There are factions that exaggerate the danger of COVID-19 just as there are factions that exaggerate the dangers of the vaccine. Some people feel very strongly against taking this vaccine and even against taking any vaccine. I understand that and respect that. However I do hope those feelings are based on facts and not purely emotion. Real facts about the vaccine can be hard to come by. Once politics gets involved the truth suffers.

Would I give up a 20 year career to avoid getting vaccinated? Hell no. I wouldn't even change my address to avoid it - moving sucks. However I would completely support anybody's decision to do so and I would hope it even turns out to be a blessing.

There can be a tendency to look at the virus as an acceptable risk by saying 98%, 99% or whatever it is, people survive it, while at the same time using a different approach to evaluating the danger of the vaccine by saying 0.01%, 0.1% or whatever it is, people have problems. I would recommend using a consistent approach in these evaluations. It doesn't matter if you focus on the good side or the bad side, just do it the same way to get a clearer picture.

Maybe I can say this stuff because I am already vaccinated (Moderna). I am in an age group (72) where the virus likes to kill people so I decided to get the vaccine several months ago. This was my decision with no external pressures. I admit having these coronavirus specific antibodies and T-cells does give me a little comfort and relaxation. I have had no problems - so far. This decision was mine alone, the same way it should be for everybody.

I am retired now but I spent 35 years working in a health care setting (Mayo Clinic Rochester) mostly doing medical research. I am not pro-vaccine and I am not anti-vaccine, I am pro-freedom, pro-liberty and pro-people.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I hate the whole concept of applying pressure to force people to do things they don't want to do. Employers that apply this pressure are wrong. That kind of pressure should be illegal and hopefully someday it will be.

There are factions that exaggerate the danger of COVID-19 just as there are factions that exaggerate the dangers of the vaccine. Some people feel very strongly against taking this vaccine and even against taking any vaccine. I understand that and respect that. However I do hope those feelings are based on facts and not purely emotion. Real facts about the vaccine can be hard to come by. Once politics gets involved the truth suffers.

Would I give up a 20 year career to avoid getting vaccinated? Hell no. I wouldn't even change my address to avoid it - moving sucks. However I would completely support anybody's decision to do so and I would hope it even turns out to be a blessing.

There can be a tendency to look at the virus as an acceptable risk by saying 98%, 99% or whatever it is, people survive it, while at the same time using a different approach to evaluating the danger of the vaccine by saying 0.01%, 0.1% or whatever it is, people have problems. I would recommend using a consistent approach in these evaluations. It doesn't matter if you focus on the good side or the bad side, just do it the same way to get a clearer picture.

Maybe I can say this stuff because I am already vaccinated (Moderna). I am in an age group (72) where the virus likes to kill people so I decided to get the vaccine several months ago. This was my decision with no external pressures. I admit having these coronavirus specific antibodies and T-cells does give me a little comfort and relaxation. I have had no problems - so far. This decision was mine alone, the same way it should be for everybody.

I am retired now but I spent 35 years working in a health care setting (Mayo Clinic Rochester) mostly doing medical research. I am not pro-vaccine and I am not anti-vaccine, I am pro-freedom, pro-liberty and pro-people.
    #qualitypost

Good points, sir

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    553DDFCF-6E49-458D-AA80-897EDE2B688B.jpeg

information that might be anti vaccine will not be tolerated. I posted the same WSJ story there in the daily thread that I posted here with some text about being careful with vaccine and recovery stocks because the narrative is shifting.

no conspiracy to silence opposition to see here......

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Have I ever mentioned the concept of secession and independence?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    View attachment 145087

information that might be anti vaccine will not be tolerated. I posted the same WSJ story there in the daily thread that I posted here with some text about being careful with vaccine and recovery stocks because the narrative is shifting.

no conspiracy to silence opposition to see here......

"In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom