Will Marijuana be legalized under Trump?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What do they do currently for alcohol? 17 million US persons have a substance use disorder with alcohol. The closest other single substance even close is marijuana at 3-4 million, opiods at 600k.

Hire extra people to make up for absenteeism, spend resources on substance abuse programs, suffer productivity and quality related problems, probably the same as what your department sees. The tests are only good to know what kind of person sitting across from the interview table from you today. Unless you have random tests after hire, (which our plant doesn't) they don't do a thing for the people that pick habits after you hire them. At least you have a tool that gives you a chance to sort out the potential problems before they become your problems.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hire extra people to make up for absenteeism, spend resources on substance abuse programs, suffer productivity and quality related problems, probably the same as what your department sees. The tests are only good to know what kind of person sitting across from the interview table from you today. Unless you have random tests after hire, (which our plant doesn't) they don't do a thing for the people that pick habits after you hire them. At least you have a tool that gives you a chance to sort out the potential problems before they become your problems.

And the little darlings can't comprehend that this leads to lower wages being offered, as if somehow needing to hire 1.4 employees for every job and carry a lot of extra programs costs nothing and leads to higher productivity

Well, it might lead to 'higher' productivity but certainly not increased productivity

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    guys, guys, stop blaming yourselves individually. You're both bad :):

I'm to the point I think it should be legalized, but it's just so funny that these goobers tried to give federal employees pot on federal land and got busted by the feds.

Well, I lol'd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Does drinking disqualify a potential employee? I believe drug use should all be handled in the same manner.

so DQ those on narcotics and benzos too then. Rough system you imagine

Your company, your rules.

This is where this issue should be solved. Law enforcement doesn't need to be involved. So I guess the question is, how far into a person's life should a company be able to control? I think that could be objectively answered by adopting a standard of whether it has negatively impacted their business. Seems like there'd be few if any legitimate cases where requiring employees to only wipe with Charmin while at home would be any of any impact on the employer's business. Probably there might be more cases where habitual drug use impacts an employer's business.

For example, I submitted a rapid-pickup order at Panera yesterday. It is unbelievable how many ways they successively ****ed up that order. They ****ed it up initially bad enough that the manager came out and talked to me about it. And in trying to make it right, he personally ****ed it up 3 more successive times until I finally decided to accept the last ****ed up because I was hungry and just wanted to leave with my food, even though it still wasn't what I ordered. It's listed on the ticket exactly what I ordered. Just make the bag contain everything that's on the ticket. Seems really simple.

I've worked around people who are stoned while working enough that I am 80% sure the manager was stoned. Pretty easy to say that impacts the business. Show up stoned or drunk. Should get fired for being stoned or drunk at work. And in this case, if it was the other side of that 80/20 certainty, fire him for working as if he were stoned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we cannot buy liquor on Sunday I dont see Indiana legalizing marijuana

Well, depends on the money flow. The Sunday liquor sale issue isn't because legislators have a big moral issue with liquor sales occurring on Sunday. Flow the money the right way and I can see MJ being legalized here.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Having been in supervision I can say that it was harder for me to pick out the drunk at work people from the stoned at work people. Drunks I could weed out fairly quickly from the usual impairment problems. The stoners didn't have personality changes or physical impairments, it was more a matter of just making simple mistakes or not watching what they were doing. The company did a study on these mistakes and found almost all occurred in the afternoon, private detectives produced evidence that these folks were smoking mj at lunch which surprised me because I didn't notice any changes other than them being slower moving which I just figured was part of a long day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I worked at a high volume electronics warranty company a few years back. Worked third shift, with some of the crazy smartest stoners you've ever seen. It was amazing what they could do...

...before first break. :rolleyes:

My boss offered me a supervisory position. I first thanked him for what he did, then laughed and told him "no way."

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    This congress will not be making marijuana legal any time soon. Why would you want something like that to be under the control of the US government anyway? Every one screams that the fed is too big, too bloated, and involved in too many things that is none of their business....yet here you are advocating for the expansion of the government and you welcome even more intrusion into a well run private industry. Who here can't buy weed when they want it? There is no distribution problem. The product is readily available to those that wish to use it. If you think federal weed will be cheaper, you better go back to the drawing board.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This congress will not be making marijuana legal any time soon. Why would you want something like that to be under the control of the US government anyway? Every one screams that the fed is too big, too bloated, and involved in too many things that is none of their business....yet here you are advocating for the expansion of the government and you welcome even more intrusion into a well run private industry. Who here can't buy weed when they want it? There is no distribution problem. The product is readily available to those that wish to use it. If you think federal weed will be cheaper, you better go back to the drawing board.
    It is already controlled by the Feds by the fact that it is illegal.

I don't care about it being cheaper. I care about less crime and less government intrusion.

A reduction of the "war on drugs" would be a great thing if it were made legal, even if taxed.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    No it won't ,alcohol lobbyist spend a fortune to make sure its not legalized, government doesn't want it legalized cuz people will grow their own. So no tax will be collected by the gubment

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    No it won't ,alcohol lobbyist spend a fortune to make sure its not legalized, government doesn't want it legalized cuz people will grow their own. So no tax will be collected by the gubment

The alcohol lobbyists will always fight it. I've read that Colorado has taken in $150-200 million in taxes from marijuana sales last year. The state would also save a ton of tax payer money by not having to fight ridiculous possession charges against small time users

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The marijuana lobby was planning on going toe to toe with the alcohol lobby, but they couldn't get organized and lost their ambition.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The marijuana lobby was planning on going toe to toe with the alcohol lobby, but couldn't get organized and lost their ambition.

After 2 days, you have to revisit this thread and let us know how many rep points you received from this post.

I have to spread the rep points around first.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I don't consume any drugs besides alcohol. But you're wrong on this one. I know a lot of "stoners" that are exceptionally talented, have their **** together, and have gone very far in life. And you wouldn't know they were a stoner.

Same as alcohol.....some people have addiction problems and drugs are a big problem for them. Some people can manage and some can't.

Labeling all users of a certain drug with a broad brush stroke isn't correct. It's the same as when people label you a hill jack redneck that lives in a trailer with their mom for being a firearm enthusiast. Maybe you can relate to that.

Pot heads have no ambition to start with, their main goal in life is to get stoned

Top Bottom