• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Week 3 and we are bound for more improvements. I'm hoping for an overconfident Pittsburgh team and a Colts team that is starting to gel.

GO COLTS!

Last edited:

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I stand behind my prediction for this week. Pittsburgh wins 14-10, and we look better this week than we have the first two weeks. Still making improvements.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    alg_steelers-fans.jpg

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Collins seems more comfortable, the Defense is showing more desire to win. Leading at half against the steelers...I didnt forsee this but I wont complain!

GO COLTS!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Much better game this week. Defense played very well, and if the Steelers don't get the scoop and score on the Painter sack and fumble, we could be looking at a hard fought W this week.

Will be interesting to see how Collins is and if he is able to go next week. Painter is gonna be pretty shakey, but did have some good balls on that last drive.

All I can say is GO COLTS!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It wasn't a W but it was a win. Defense really stepped up and the offense ran the ball. Damn that fumble..O line has to do a better job no matter who the QB is.

GO COLTS!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I agree with Dungy on the post game. Play Painter even if Collins is healthy. He came into the came stone cold, taken no reps in practice and not played a snap since the 3rd preseason game and outside of the one bad overthrow to Garcon on the first drive and the fumble he played better than Collins. At least he has the ability to get in sync with Wayne and Garcon. He was locked in on Wayne in the pre-season against GB.

You have nothing to lose really, Collins has proven he is a turnover machine and has led the team to two TD drives the 2 and 3/4 games he played. Painter led them to one in one quarter.

I also want to say that if that Colts defense showed up every game they would have more than 1 SB Ring.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    They played their ass off tonight. The passing game just isn't there yet. Call me crazy but the offense looked more explosive on Painter's drive than they have all year.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree with Dungy on the post game. Play Painter even if Collins is healthy. He came into the came stone cold, taken no reps in practice and not played a snap since the 3rd preseason game and outside of the one bad overthrow to Garcon on the first drive and the fumble he played better than Collins. At least he has the ability to get in sync with Wayne and Garcon. He was locked in on Wayne in the pre-season against GB.

You have nothing to lose really, Collins has proven he is a turnover machine and has led the team to two TD drives the 2 and 3/4 games he played. Painter led them to one in one quarter.

I also want to say that if that Colts defense showed up every game they would have more than 1 SB Ring.
    I agree, Give Painter a chance to get some playing time and show he can or can't do it. Our chances are no better with Collins at the helm. If the defense and rushing game step up every week like last night, the wins will come.:twocents:

Go LIONS!

Farscape

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    From Rotoworld

Coach Jim Caldwell conceded that he is considering a change at quarterback even if Kerry Collins (possible concussion) is cleared for Week 4.

Collins left Sunday night's loss to the Steelers in the third quarter but the Colts have not said whether he suffered a concussion. Regardless, Caldwell said health wouldn't be the only factor in choosing his starter next week, adding he would "look at all the other factors involved." In three games this year, Collins is completing just 49.0 percent of his passes, is averaging just 160.3 passing yards per game and has tossed a meager two touchdowns. Curtis Painter couldn't be much worse.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The running game was very good last night, as was the defense. If they had been playing like this with Manning healthy they would have been unstoppable!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    From Rotoworld

The bad thing is Collins stats are even worse in reality because the bulk of those yards and both TDs were in garbage time when the first two games were already in doubt.

For Painter to come in with no real practice time and drive 80 yds on the Steelers for a TD when it actually counted to me is very impressive.

I understand some will point to the fumble, however that is not all on him imo. The line and backs need to pick up the guys coming free.

Packers did pretty good, eh?

Not that its a big deal, but why do people continue to post stuff not Colts related and/or post stuff bashing the Colts in a threat geared to Colts fans. Really just go start your own thread, not that difficult.

Farscape

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    One of my co-workers is a big Ohio State fan and is hoping for a Jim Tressel - Troy Smith reunion. I'd rather stick with Caldwell than Tressel but I wouldn't mind Troy Smith coming in either as a 3rd stringer or to replace Kerry Collins. I have always liked Collins but the Colts need to find a real emergency plan for Peyton. Hopefully the answer is either Curtis Painter or Andrew Luck. If not, then why not look at guys like Smith, Brian Brohm, Nate Davis, etc.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Yep... Disappointed. But last night, the better team won.

Colts didn't force any turn-overs and couldn't stop their passing game.

Lost it fair and square.

-J-

HUH?!?! I remember two strip sacks that resulted in two fumble recoveries for the Colts one for a touchdown? I think there was an interception too...or was I watching a different game.
    I thought it was a great game, but yes your right, we could not stop the passing game. I am optimistic better things are to come, especially if they can continue to be that stout against the run.

Top Bottom