• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Team definitely looks better with Painter under center. Unfortunately we're still really inconsistent on defense, and very fragile against the pass. Seems like once teams can make some adjustments at half time, they figure out how to block our blitz, and find the openings in the secondary.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    95703841_medium.png

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I probably don't qualify as a "real colts fan" I don't have colts gear and can't afford to go to games anymore but here is the question I want to raise.
    Has anyone wondered about the wisdom of building a football team around one person. Peyton is our and we all regret that. We don't know if or when he will comeback and if he does will he be effective.
    In the past the team didn't need a great defense because Peyton would score points. We didn't need a great running game because Peyton has a great arm and a crew of great receivers. Peyton Manning is without doubt one of the best players ever to pick up a football but without him the Colts are mediocre at best and that is a big failing on the part of Colts management.
    :twocents:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I probably don't qualify as a "real colts fan" I don't have colts gear and can't afford to go to games anymore but here is the question I want to raise.
    Has anyone wondered about the wisdom of building a football team around one person. Peyton is our and we all regret that. We don't know if or when he will comeback and if he does will he be effective.
    In the past the team didn't need a great defense because Peyton would score points. We didn't need a great running game because Peyton has a great arm and a crew of great receivers. Peyton Manning is without doubt one of the best players ever to pick up a football but without him the Colts are mediocre at best and that is a big failing on the part of Colts management.
    :twocents:

Fair point, but I'll counter that with two points:

1) The Colts have one of the best W/L records in the last decade, and one of the best "runs" of any NFL franchises. 9 straight post season appearances is the longest active streak, and will likely end this year.

2) The Colts franchise is and always will be a business, and as a business it has been wildly succesful with Manning at QB, and likely will be for years after Manning is done.

Plain and simply, the Colts have gone from a bottom 1/2 team to a top 5 franchise since drafting Manning. While they are a bit one dimensional, the results speak for themselves. About the only thing they could have done better would be a few more Superbowl appearances.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

1) The Colts have one of the best W/L records in the last decade, and one of the best "runs" of any NFL franchises. 9 straight post season appearances is the longest active streak, and will likely end this year.

2) The Colts franchise is and always will be a business, and as a business it has been wildly succesful with Manning at QB, and likely will be for years after Manning is done.

Plain and simply, the Colts have gone from a bottom 1/2 team to a top 5 franchise since drafting Manning. While they are a bit one dimensional, the results speak for themselves. About the only thing they could have done better would be a few more Superbowl appearances.

Just because you have good runs doesn't mean you don't plan for the future at all. A successful business owner and management know this. Even if they're not educated on fairly basic business topics/ideas/theories, they should be able to understand that being that the NFL is hard on a body...an aging QB needs quality behind him for the day that he does end up going down. Being a bit one dimensional shows how well the results speak for themselves. Have a good player on defensive and your entire ability to score on offense, they go down and you're screwed. Keep giving far too much money to certain players that see the training table more than they saw their Sunday uniform (yes, EVERYTHING to do with Bob Sanders was a complete joke). Without Waterhead Manning, the Colts will go back to pre-Manning days until they totally fall into someone that can take on the role of "the only reason we score".

Say I'm a troll or whatever, I don't care. We both know that I'm not sitting here making anything up or trying for a reaction. I am speaking much more truth than opinion. Some Homers just can't deal with the idea that "we" suck because of horrible planning.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

There will be no Colts playoffs this year. I'll continue to watch the games this year but I'm not expecting any sort of a turnaround. The Colts will be picking in the Top 5 of the draft next year. The good news is that they're not quitting and they won't go winless. The Colts are banged up on both lines and the secondary has been terrible.

I agree, as Colts fans we've been spoiled. I sure hope this franchise is able to recover in the post-Manning Era.

It's not just Manning, but in recent years the Colts have found ways to win, this year they're finding ways to lose. In the past, the defense would be getting trashed for the entire game yet somehow manage to make stops in the clutch. They're making big plays, but they're coming up short in the clutch.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Its still going to be a long season, but as long as I sit in subsidised seats of crybaby jacks it will be some comfort.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The two fumbles that led to 14 points is killer as well as the missed FG. The Painter INT sucked but that happens when you have to force things. First pick in 115 passes isn't bad.

There have been too many weird things this year, the first pick seems like its destined to happen lol.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I know Manning is a big part of the team, but 0-6? I'm starting to think this year's team just isn't any good and would have been lucky to make it to .500 even WITH a healthy Manning.

Top Bottom