• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It's still not a straw man. Any cyclist who has funded roads has done so by virtue of also being a motorist: owning and operating a motor vehicle on public roads. Thus, it is absolutely true: cyclists don't fund roads; motorists do.

I 100% guarantee you that there are cyclists in Indiana who do not own or operate motor vehicles.

Speaking of straw men... nowhere have I said anything about cyclists using the roads in ways that I don't "approve of".

Funny you should say the latter. I'm not sure if it's happening (yet) in Indiana, but in some states, EVs are actually being charged more for vehicle registration/licensing, to recoup what they are not contributing in the form of gasoline taxes.
    There is s surcharge on hybrid registrations. Oddly enough, my ice Subaru gets better mileage than my wife's hybrid.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And ironically it is the licensed and speedy motorcyclists that are big contributors to organ donation.

A concentration of motorcycles correlates to more motorcycle accidents...you'd have to be educated at a top highly rated liberal east coast College to come up with such amazing deductive powers....

Oh wait.

Well I heard on INGO not to trust health news out of such places

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A concentration of motorcycles correlates to more motorcycle accidents...you'd have to be educated at a top highly rated liberal east coast College to come up with such amazing deductive powers....

Oh wait.

Simple things escape you. A point by implication was made that bicyclists are organ donors, i was giving context that motorcyclists are the big donors. 1230 bicyclists died in 2012 compared to 5,932 motorcyclists. Obviously there must be riders to have deaths.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    The guys on motorcycles were happier…
    Yes, and they weren't wearing spandex when they went down.. It comes down to the "entitled stigma" that follows cyclists around. Im friends with a few. Cyclists, prius drivers, Biden supporters...Were all humans at the end of the day..I've tried to just flow on down the road with them...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To have more accurate data, you really need to know the number of total cyclist vs motorcyclist, then compare number of deaths in each group.

And, at least motorcyclists didnt die in spandex :p
    The common number of around 50 million bicycle riders seems to be the consensus and there are 13 million registered motorcycles in the US. So it appears there would be more bicyclists on the road than motorcyclists.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, and they weren't wearing spandex when they went down.. It comes down to the "entitled stigma" that follows cyclists around. Im friends with a few. Cyclists, prius drivers, Biden supporters...Were all humans at the end of the day..I've tried to just flow on down the road with them...
    Maybe in your bubble. Get out of your bubble and there are a lot of conservatives that are cyclists…

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Maybe in your bubble. Get out of your bubble and there are a lot of conservatives that are cyclists…
    My cyclists friends are definitely conservative and shoot with me often. I think you misunderstood my statement or definitely the intention my friend...point is were all humans and in this together. On the roads, range, streets, and trails. God made us all in HIS image. Regardless of statistics and opinions... accidents on the road and death is tragic and can sometimes be avoided with the right mind set. My bubble is just fine sir ; )

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My cyclists friends are definitely conservative and shoot with me often. I think you misunderstood my statement or definitely the intention my friend...point is were all humans and in this together. On the roads, range, streets, and trails. God made us all in HIS image. Regardless of statistics and opinions... accidents on the road and death is tragic and can sometimes be avoided with the right mind set. My bubble is just fine sir ; )
    I did misunderstand, and we are, though many in this thread are loathe to admit those on bicycles are fellow humans…. :lmfao:

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I did misunderstand, and we are, though many in this thread are loathe to admit those on bicycles are fellow humans…. :lmfao:
    I admit I fell into that category a decade ago until I got close with a couple advid cyclists in a church small group. Cool guys, love to brag about the distance they cover on 2 prices of rubber. We have a good sense of humor and always go back and forth with them on "road rules" one of them was actually in my wedding and I've gone out on a couple rides with him on a loaner bike. In 2024 our society is so quick to build up barriers against people that have different hobbies and interests. God bless America lol

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The common number of around 50 million bicycle riders seems to be the consensus and there are 13 million registered motorcycles in the US. So it appears there would be more bicyclists on the road than motorcyclists.

tCuplt.gif

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Whatever you're riding or driving obey the rules of the road. Too many bicyclists think inertia gives them the right of way and have no need to stop at stop signs or yield at any time. I've had one flip me off on a rural road where I gave him plenty of room...sorry you weren't driving a Shelby GT500 convertible too...loser.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In

Oh wait.

NO Cherry Picking :):

Top Bottom