• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Objective standards, period. It's either filled out correctly or it isn't. There should be nothing left to question, nothing to interpret and if the people casting votes care they'll make damned sure everything is correct. Anything open to interpretation leaves openings for fraud. I want every single possible avenue for fraud shut down.
    Well, that runs counter to election laws under the VRA and I'm guessing SCOTUS rulings...

52 U.S. Code § 10101 - Voting rights
    (2)No person acting under color of law shall—
    (B)deny the right of any individual to vote in any election because of an error or omission on any record or paper relating to any application, registration, or other act requisite to voting, if such error or omission is not material in determining whether such individual is qualified under State law to vote in such election; or
    A witness omitting their zipcode or noting their address as "same" as the voter's, is not a "material" error or omission in determining if the voter is a qualified voter.

Different than say verifying the voter's signature on the ballot versus their signature on record... since the voter isn't present with a picture ID, the signature verification IS the material way of validating THE voter signed the ballot.

It shouldn't be difficult to provide people a list of a few options to choose from, allow them to choose their preference and accurately log that information. For some reason we have people against this idea and they're willing to spin up any ******** arguments they can dream up to justify their preference for questionable voting.
    We agree on the goal here, but I suspect not on the means... to me an electronic voting booth WITH A PRINTED ballot that the voter can verify is the best way. Fraud would require a lot of moving pieces, otherwise the electronic total and paper ballot totals would not match.

Like I said, some here would disagree... but that's fine.
    I think any and all election fraud or attempts at election fraud should be punishable by 25 years hard labor in a cobalt mine, no exceptions, no plea deals, no good time served.
    Works for me... and add in lifetime forfeiture of the right to vote.
    I guess I'm confused on how making something IQ based (I'm not advocating for that concerning voting) is Jim Crowe-ish.
    When it's specifically about voting, these laws (along with others like poll taxes) were created to prevent (mostly) illiterate former slaves and recent immigrants from non-English speaking countries from voting. One of several tactics to do so which collectively were known as Jim Crowe. Also, included segregation by law, etc.

Between 1890 and 1910, ten of the eleven former Confederate states, beginning with Mississippi, passed new constitutions or amendments that effectively disenfranchised most black people and tens of thousands of poor white people through a combination of poll taxes, literacy and comprehension tests, and residency and record-keeping requirements.[23][24] Grandfather clauses temporarily permitted some illiterate white people to vote but gave no relief to most black people.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    When it's specifically about voting, these laws (along with others like poll taxes) were created to prevent (mostly) illiterate former slaves and recent immigrants from non-English speaking countries from voting. One of several tactics to do so which collectively were known as Jim Crowe. Also, included segregation by law, etc.

Damn dude now you're just making sh*t up. :lmfao:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Maybe I'm weird but I don't try to twist everything to be racist. I rarely think or give a sh*t about race. :dunno:
    Except this time... when you injected race into the conversation... there's a whole replay above... but you're right to run away from it. :)
    Damn dude now you're just making sh*t up. :lmfao:
    So literacy tests to vote were not part of the Jim Crow laws?

Wow!

Looks like Wikipedia and every social studies book needs updating.

This is just getting plain silly now.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This is just getting plain silly now.
    My post that you called racist is......
    "It's not that hard to vote. If your IQ doesn't allow you to vote properly then you don't need to vote."

They're is nothing racist about it except you seem to want it to be.
    Keep saying the same thing over and over again until it come true does not work here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The actual ruling:

The witness lives at the same address, and put "same address" for the address, or omitted their zip code, or got their zipcode wrong, and you'd have the ballot and that vote thrown out?

Border-line Jim Crow, IMO.
    Hah. My dad put down next of kin on his life insurance forms. Which at the time was his 3rd wife, a crotchety old ****.m who he divorced. Before he died he told me I would get the life insurance payout, because I was then his closest kin. When he died the **** got the payout because her name was on the policy as the beneficiary. Not a damn thing I could do about it. Don’t fill out forms with that colloquial **** if you want things to count.

Probably whoever processed the form put the ****’s name on it because she had to have a name listed as the beneficiary.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    My post that you called racist is......
    "It's not that hard to vote. If your IQ doesn't allow you to vote properly then you don't need to vote."

They're is nothing racist about it except you seem to want it to be.
    You really like to keep deflecting and circling back to race... but dodged the question... hence the miniscule portion of my post you quoted.

You said I was making things up when I explained to another member that literacy and comprehension tests to vote were part of Jim Crow. Are you saying they were not? I can quote from Wikipedia again which jibes with my memory from social studies class eons ago.

Keep saying the same thing over and over again until it come true does not work here.
    Back 'atcha

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You're off the "state legislature manner of election"... which is the election LAW... even with an zipcode missing, an address is an address, which is called for in the LAW. It does NOT specify mailing address, which implies zip code, let alone explicitly requiring the witness's zip code.
    Not sure about you or anyone else, but when I'm asked to write down my address, it includes the zipcode

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Hah. My dad put down next of kin on his life insurance forms. Which at the time was his 3rd wife, a crotchety old ****.m who he divorced. Before he died he told me I would get the life insurance payout, because I was then his closest kin. When he died the **** got the payout because her name was on the policy as the beneficiary. Not a damn thing I could do about it. Don’t fill out forms with that colloquial **** if you want things to count.

Probably whoever processed the form put the ****’s name on it because she had to have a name listed as the beneficiary.
    Dunno which state that was, or if the state matters, but in Indiana if you're married, your spouse MUST be the beneficiary unless she/he signs a waiver affidavit to "allow" a different primary beneficiary.

After divorce, you have to include a copy of the divorce decree to change the beneficiary... or at least that's what I had to go through.

Sorry it went down that way... it obviously was not his wishes.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Not sure about you or anyone else, but when I'm asked to write down my address, it includes the zipcode
    Sure, me too... but there is some percentage of people who don't know their zipcode.

When i worked the gun desk, I had people ask me for the DL back... to get their zipcode for the 4473. :rolleyes:

I just put an "X". I mean, they didn't ask for a mailing address! "X" should be good enough. :thumbsup:
    Lol, give me you full street address, city and state, heck just put it on this forum, ... but don't put your zip code down, 'cuz then someone might be able to find you IRL... but without that zipcode, it's not an address. AMIRITE?

:dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So I guess you think the only stupid people are black? That's race baiting 101. If people have to be lead by the hand to vote do you think they are making an informed decision?
    He also fails to consider that a local elections official should not feel empowered to overrule election law and allow incorrect votes on a technicality. He is there to see that the rules are followed, not make up his own

One wonders if any republican votes were cured

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sure, me too... but there is some percentage of people who don't know their zipcode.

Lol, give me you full street address, city and state, heck just put it on this forum, ... but don't put your zip code down, 'cuz then someone might be able to find you IRL... but without that zipcode, it's not an address. AMIRITE?

:dunno:
    "Same"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We're a couple billion dollars in public education passed the days when there was the disparity of education which made those laws effective for Jim Crowe. Those days are multiple decades gone now.
    I've seen many street videos where people can't identify states on a map or identify any of the founding fathers or explain any of the amendments in the bill or rights

They're too stupid to vote and I would welcome any sort of general knowledge test with passage required in order to vote - in person

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Arguments in opposition to increasing integrity are coming from people who know they cannot win legitimate elections (coincidentally the same people stuffing ballot boxes and concealing their work), not the people wanting better integrity.
    I think SD4L perhaps believes that too many republicans don't know their zip code or perhaps can't read and follow directions

Top Bottom