Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    That's a lie some are happy to run with so they can get back to Starbucks, HOA gossip, soccer games and the latest Crate & Barrel catalog. Ignorance is bliss s they say.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    when talking to coworkers about Donna Brazile as a debate moderator they just don't see a problem. Okay. So what would they think if Sean Hanity was picked as a moderator?
    I am astounded at avowed conservatives that do not get that conservative candidates never get ANY conservative questions because of moderators that always ask questions from a left perspective, even in republican primary debates.

The question is always framed as follows, first how it is, second how it should be…

How will your administration deal with the children that will starve to death if your tax cuts are implemented?

How much more of their money will the people get to keep if your tax cuts are implemented?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it’s good if candidates in a Republican primary are asked the questions by a left leaning moderator. They’re adversarial. And that’s good. But if that’s the case, it should be reciprocated.

Right leaning people should moderate Democrat primaries. And for Republican vs Democrat debates, there should be equally divided moderation. All candidates should have to answer hard questions, and if the questions are ideologically stupid, candidates should point that out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think it’s good if candidates in a Republican primary are asked the questions by a left leaning moderator. They’re adversarial. And that’s good. But if that’s the case, it should be reciprocated.

Right leaning people should moderate Democrat primaries. And for Republican vs Democrat debates, there should be equally divided moderation. All candidates should have to answer hard questions, and if the questions are ideologically stupid, candidates should point that out.
    Here we go again, I have heard that BS all my politically aware life. It is just that, BS. By the technique of never allowing questions from a conservative perspective to be asked the left delegitimizes them. I have never heard in a debate the question asked “What should our country do about the national debt?”.

I do agree that the democrats never getting tough questions in primary debates has hurt some candidates, that is a different topic than there never being questions from a conservative perspective…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here we go again, I have heard that BS all my politically aware life. It is just that, BS. By the technique of never allowing questions from a conservative perspective to be asked the left delegitimizes them. I have never heard in a debate the question asked “What should our country do about the national debt?”.

I do agree that the democrats never getting tough questions in primary debates has hurt some candidates, that is a different topic than there never being questions from a conservative perspective…
    Nah, I think that’s the ********. I don’t want to see Sean Hanity asking Republicans questions, at least not alone. Ask diverse questions. Maybe have both conservative and progressives ask questions at both primary debates. I want to see a Republican moderator ask Democrat candidates if they can define what a woman is. I wouldn’t mind if Democrats were asked about national debt.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nah, I think that’s the ********. I don’t want to see Sean Hanity asking Republicans questions, at least not alone. Ask diverse questions. Maybe have both conservative and progressives ask questions at both primary debates. I want to see a Republican moderator ask Democrat candidates if they can define what a woman is. I wouldn’t mind if Democrats were asked about national debt.
    Did you even read what I posted? Your comment certainly doesn’t match it. I said nothing about moderatiors, just about no questions being asked from a conservative perspective, which is true…

Top Bottom