• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've got some smaller ones for backpacking. They solar charge so I just keep them on a shelf in my sunroom. Not enough to run major appliances, obviously, but one will keep a cell phone and smart watch going for 3-7 days pretty easy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gardener got one for each member of the family for their cars, it's about the size of a book. Comes complete with jumper cables. I tested it out and it will jump start a Mustang. I think Halo is the brand name.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Be sure to watch the amazon lightening deals. I got a noco boost plus gb40 for 73.95 after tax. It was on regular $99.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anyone make one that works off Milwaukee/Dewalt etc. batteries? That would be real nice.

Last edited:

hotcupofbro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple of Ankers that work really well for 4+ smart phone charges. I keep smaller ones on hand for emergency usually good for 1.5 charges on my device. One for each vehicle and 3-4 in storage that i rotate and check charges on every few months. You can sometimes get the smaller capacity ones for as cheap as $5. Worth it just to have around in my opinion.

Keep a generator in the shed for extended outages where we need to run the sump/fridge/heat/or recharge handheld devices.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mine is not that portable. It is a couple of 140 AH deep cycle batteries and a 1200 watt inverter. Even on a hand truck , it is a heavy load but will run the furnace for 18 hours. There is a cell phone port on the inverter. After that the generator until I run out of gas.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine is not that portable. It is a couple of 140 AH deep cycle batteries and a 1200 watt inverter. Even on a hand truck , it is a heavy load but will run the furnace for 18 hours.
    I have a "mini" version of that. Just a 12 volt deep cycle marine battery with an inverter. Bought it to be able to charge phones, power a radio and run a fan when we went camping. (Backpackers we were not.)

I've used it to keep internet, tv, one light, phone and two laptops running through short power outages (2-3 hours). It's come in handy a few times since I work from home.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Way back when, all Audi cars came to the dealers with a solar panel in them that was set in the back window and plug into the cigarette light socket to keep the battery topped off. I have at least a half a dozen of those around but I need to get some power banks too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mine is not that portable. It is a couple of 140 AH deep cycle batteries and a 1200 watt inverter. Even on a hand truck , it is a heavy load but will run the furnace for 18 hours. There is a cell phone port on the inverter. After that the generator until I run out of gas.
    :postpics:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I ran across this today. If you are invested in Ryobi, this might come in handy.
    This looks interesting. 150W of power to AC and USB, and can be plugged into solar or your car to recharge your battery. Cool. But no 12v output. (I found the most efficient LEDs are powered by 12VDC)

OK, so they have this one coming out soon. it can spit out 12vdc, but it loses the 12vdc input for charging. :xmad: Why, Ryobi? That would have been the ultimate!

This all started with me trying to find a 3rd party (usually 3d printed) adapter that spits out 12VDC for a power wheels car. But it turns out they all bank on the fact that a power wheels motor can handle 18v and just run faster with no immediate damage. So I came back around to using a factory model.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I ran across this today. If you are invested in Ryobi, this might come in handy.
    This looks interesting. 150W of power to AC and USB, and can be plugged into solar or your car to recharge your battery. Cool. But no 12v output. (I found the most efficient LEDs are powered by 12VDC)

OK, so they have this one coming out soon. it can spit out 12vdc, but it loses the 12vdc input for charging. :xmad: Why, Ryobi? That would have been the ultimate!

This all started with me trying to find a 3rd party (usually 3d printed) adapter that spits out 12VDC for a power wheels car. But it turns out they all bank on the fact that a power wheels motor can handle 18v and just run faster with no immediate damage. So I came back around to using a factory model.
    I'm on the Ridgid 18v p!atform and they just released a similar version of this with a built in LED light, a standard 120v outlet, 2 USB-A and 1 USB-C ports for $89.
    I can stuff a half dozen of my 6AH batteries into a Pelican box with one of these for camping or a long road trip. Screenshot_20230120_212007_Home Depot.jpg

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'm on the Ridgid 18v p!atform and they just released a similar version of this with a built in LED light, a standard 120v outlet, 2 USB-A and 1 USB-C ports for $89.
    I can stuff a half dozen of my 6AH batteries into a Pelican box with one of these for camping or a long road trip. View attachment 249547
    Wow that is nice will definitely be picking one of those up will be great for off grid camping, I will need a solar panel to keep the rigid batteries topped off and I will be good to go.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can stuff a half dozen of my 6AH batteries into a Pelican box with one of these for camping or a long road trip. View attachment 249547
    Funny thing, is the same factories make Ryobi and Rigid and some parts are interchangeable. My first Ryobi tool was a oscillating tool. While I was picking it out, the clerk told me to put the Ryobi tool back and handed me the Rigid head. They are the same tool, using the same connector, but it was like $20 less.

Top Bottom