• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Funny thing, is the same factories make Ryobi and Rigid and some parts are interchangeable. My first Ryobi tool was a oscillating tool. While I was picking it out, the clerk told me to put the Ryobi tool back and handed me the Rigid head. They are the same tool, using the same connector, but it was like $20 less.
    You made a wise decision going with Ryobi, they offer far more tools than Ridgid. I wish the batteries/tools interchanged, but that would defeat the purpose of one corporation making many brands to compete with one another,

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You made a wise decision going with Ryobi, they offer far more tools than Ridgid. I wish the batteries/tools interchanged, but that would defeat the purpose of one corporation making many brands to compete with one another,
    Sadly some of the tools arent that great. Satisfied overall, but some tools have fallen short. Wife wanted a cordless stick vac. since the last cordless vac I had to scrap because it was a sealed battery and they didnt sell replacements, I went with the best of the best they made. It sucked. or, well, it DIDNT suck.

Swept my daughters room and we didnt get nearly the cat hair we normally do. So I swept it again, still not much. Ran our corded vac, and it picked up the usual amount as if we had not even vacuumed. That was a whole lot of NOPE right there and back it went. I wasnt dropping $300 for a vac that cant sweep carpets. (it did fine on the hardwood. maybe better than our regular vac)

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Funny thing, is the same factories make Ryobi and Rigid and some parts are interchangeable. My first Ryobi tool was a oscillating tool. While I was picking it out, the clerk told me to put the Ryobi tool back and handed me the Rigid head. They are the same tool, using the same connector, but it was like $20 less.
    Even if that’s true (which I doubt having owned both I’m sure they have interchangeable parts) rigid has a lifetime warranty on tool and battery.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ryobi may have more tools but rigid has much more power and durability i killed a lot of Ryobi s before making the switch

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    One of my favorite and most useful preps are these portable wall charger battery banks. Amazon product ASIN B01K702S66
    The nice thing is that when you use them as your regular wall charger, they do a great job and if/when you lose power then you know they're as topped off as could possibly be.

Beyond those, I've got about every size Anker makes because we've got three kids and did a lot of road trips when they were younger and needed something to keep devices charged and going. I've also used the Anker battery banks while backpacking if I know I'm going to be out for a while and could possibly need to top off a Garmin GPS that can send a text message.

Beyond the actual USB battery banks themselves, there's some dirt cheap USB light bulbs that will light up a room when the power goes out. There's 18650 flashlight battery's that can be recharged off a USB battery bank too. With all of the gadgets out there that recharge off a USB port there's no reason why not to have battery banks plugged into every wall charger that you need.

Top Bottom