• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    i love paying 15$ to get into a place where i have to over pay 15$ for everything....the 1500 has turned into a joke...a fools errand

The last time I went I walked in at 1:00pm on Sunday and walked out at the close with a cuple of deals.
    Seems that some dealers don't live for packing, transportation and, unpacking at the other end.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    I use the 1500 as a good place to see everything at once in person, not just pictures online. There aren't going to be any crazy deals, so if you know that coming in, just enjoy seeing everything.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    i think a lot of people dont factor in the the entertainment value as well. its pretty cool to see all the guns, ammo, holsters, etx, at the show, find something you havent seen before, take a few hours and have a good time. shoot a 2 hour movie costs a ton of money for a short time of entertainment, these shows can increase your knowledge while having a good time and buying something you like. it is funny how so many people complain yet keep going back, why keep going back if its so awful?!?!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I did see some big balloon prices but like most turtles im used to getting dirty. lol I took the GF and my son and saved enough on deals to pay for admission, snacks, and lunch. maybe even a few buck in my pocket too. So I guess its how much prep-work you put into it. Just like anything in life. I did lots of research b4 i went so i know what i was saving. But yes lots of overpriced items. lol

joliverjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Whiteland
    Well, label me a complainer then. The shows have become scam central and not the place for practical deals. I can get better pricing at BGF, Bradis or through private transfer on guns and better pricing on ammo at Gander. I quit going for the most part. The internet shows me all I need to see on guns, thanks to You Tube. It isn't worth the parking, gas, and entry fee to go if you are looking for deals. Now, that said, it is sometimes nice to go just to check out the guns hands on. Kind of like the museum. I can see it all online, but I like to occasionally see exhibits in real life, too. The 1500 is a museum, now. Expect museum gift shop pricing, though.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Well, label me a complainer then. The shows have become scam central and not the place for practical deals. I can get better pricing at BGF, Bradis or through private transfer on guns and better pricing on ammo at Gander. I quit going for the most part. The internet shows me all I need to see on guns, thanks to You Tube. It isn't worth the parking, gas, and entry fee to go if you are looking for deals. Now, that said, it is sometimes nice to go just to check out the guns hands on. Kind of like the museum. I can see it all online, but I like to occasionally see exhibits in real life, too. The 1500 is a museum, now. Expect museum gift shop pricing, though.

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION, BATMAN!

ONLY 3 MONTHS SINCE THE LAST POST!

C'MON N00B, YOU CAN DO BETTER!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i think its great to go to the 1500, get your reloading scale you just purchased stolen, smell wall to wall body odor, getting muzzled and a negligent discharge at least once a year, deal with with price gouging greedy vendors, and not be able to move, couple that with having to walk a half mile in the cold and paying for this experience(since i dont know the secret handshake)...over rated...i find better deals online....i can pass on this for a lifetime

joliverjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Whiteland
    I think it is still relevant and it is a lot better to respond to existing threads, albeit old, than start new threads on the same exact subject. No sense polluting the forums with repetitive threads. Then you get some genius posting "this has been discussed ad nauseam in such and such thread. . . do your research." I said that in my head with my best uppity snob voice, by the way.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I think it is still relevant and it is a lot better to respond to existing threads, albeit old, than start new threads on the same exact subject. No sense polluting the forums with repetitive threads. Then you get some genius posting "this has been discussed ad nauseam in such and such thread. . . do your research." I said that in my head with my best uppity snob voice, by the way.

Dude you're never going to survive the interwebz, you're using logic!!:nailbite:

Glocksmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Lafayette
    Over the years I see post and post and thread after thread about prices at the 1500, the prices, paying for parking ect ect....

What's with people?

I have only paid to get in a few times, only times I have paid to park is when it's not in the usual building, I am either able to walk right in or stand in line that is at most 2-3 people deep.... I always find deals every show, are they absolute steals no it's not a hard sale people, the vendors know what they have.

This show I saw Speer Gold Dots selli g for what they tend to sell for, I saw WWB ammo that was going for the same as what you would pay at wallmart after tax. Saw some ice 20mm and larger ammo cans for $25. Saw some body guards and XD's going for near msrp. Saw non window p mags for 16ish. Pets remember that for most of the vendors all prices are not firm.... So even the stuff that is an ok deal you can often turn into a good deal.

Yes I did see some highway robery prices but if you take time to look you can still find deals making it worth going even if you have to pay to get in and for parking.

I guess I don't get all the complaining when I look in my bag and see the goodies that I got for a good deal.

My brother got a lesser known red dot and we all know most vendors will eat the tax if you pay cash but this one came down $30, brother said it ended up bei g cheaper then online prices. Also got some x-tac green tips for .50 cents a round...

It's almost like half of INGO walks in and looks at the first two tables and then leaves.

At most I have paid what it would cost shipped to my door because idle fee to pay ash and have it in my hand then having to have something shipped and the nightmares sometimes involved with that.

Guess I do t get it.... All well.

Still Looking forward to the next one.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    i think a lot of people dont factor in the the entertainment value as well. its pretty cool to see all the guns, ammo, holsters, etx, at the show, find something you havent seen before, take a few hours and have a good time. shoot a 2 hour movie costs a ton of money for a short time of entertainment, these shows can increase your knowledge while having a good time and buying something you like. it is funny how so many people complain yet keep going back, why keep going back if its so awful?!?!

^^THIS^^ :yesway:.

I will never understand either. I have never been under one roof where I can get my hands on almost anything firearms related that I want to checkout, buy, or learn about. The 1500 allows me to do exactly that. That alone is worth the price I pay. If you have no interest in browsing and are going purely to get a good deal on one item and leave, depending on the item, the 1500 is not your answer.
    Personally I don't feel so comfortable walking into my LGS and fondling every firearm they have. At the gun show I can get my hands on anything I want.
    No doubt, the show is not for everyone but regardless I still enjoy it AND laughing at my buddies who talk a bunch of S*** about it.... but then the day before suddenly want to make sure there is room in the truck for them to tag along.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION, BATMAN!

ONLY 3 MONTHS SINCE THE LAST POST!

C'MON N00B, YOU CAN DO BETTER!

If he had started a new thread to say the same thing he would have been flamed for that too. As it were, he stated his own opinion in a readable fashion, and it wasn't a one-liner. Call this one a win and quit bashing people just because they don't have 50 posts.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012

Like most things, there are positives and negatives to the show, I guess it just depends on how much of the negative you are willing to put up with to enjoy the positive. If the crowds aren't crazy and you don't mind taking the time, I think it is worth going. I can generally find a deal on a couple of the things I am looking for, and you get to see and handle a lot of stuff. As far as being swept by a muzzle, that could happen anywhere, and is just as likely to happen if you travel around to various gun shops, whether by a store employee or customer... I have seen both.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    ^^THIS^^ :yesway:.

I will never understand either. I have never been under one roof where I can get my hands on almost anything firearms related that I want to checkout, buy, or learn about. The 1500 allows me to do exactly that. That alone is worth the price I pay. If you have no interest in browsing and are going purely to get a good deal on one item and leave, depending on the item, the 1500 is not your answer.
    Personally I don't feel so comfortable walking into my LGS and fondling every firearm they have. At the gun show I can get my hands on anything I want.
    No doubt, the show is not for everyone but regardless I still enjoy it AND laughing at my buddies who talk a bunch of S*** about it.... but then the day before suddenly want to make sure there is room in the truck for them to tag along.

What he said^^^^^^:yesway:^^^^^

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It's complained about because to put it simply gun shows use to be the bread and butter of the collector and avid shooters where awesome deals would be made that you bragged to your friends about. Now it's not much better than going to a retail store

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I agree with Justin727. I go to fondle every gun in the place. Not too many places you can go and touch guns you can't afford. I have also made a few friends there. It is easy to walk up to someone and talk about firearms. You can meet a lot of nice people.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I'll be at this one. Going Sunday. I love to look and have a shopping list. If I don't find what I want or for a good price I'll get locally or order. I've got to where I check out what everyone is carrying as much as whats on the tables. You find a guy carrying around his firearm for sale and is really wanting to buy something at the show you can get some good deals there.

Top Bottom