Btown Rural
    2013-02-15_15-23-57_564_zps8f72a4e8.jpg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I've gotta get me some new fishing line soon, some hooks, and a batch of back yard night crawlers... The home grown ones seem to work best!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, mother nature is gonna have to start giving us a hand here if we are gonna match last year's success. I just pulled a bag of crappie fillets from last year dated 03.15.12

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I switched my tackle box over to a back pack yesterday. Think it will make it much easier to walk to remote places. Cant wait to get out, hopefully the weather warms up soon!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    OK, mother nature is gonna have to start giving us a hand here if we are gonna match last year's success. I just pulled a bag of crappie fillets from last year dated 03.15.12
    The weather station said last year was the warmest march on record. Me and my dad were out on his new pontoon towards the end of march catching bluegill and bass, we fished together 3 days in a row, our last time to get out together, been fishing with him seriously since I was 10 I think.
    I switched my tackle box over to a back pack yesterday. Think it will make it much easier to walk to remote places. Cant wait to get out, hopefully the weather warms up soon!

I gave up carrying a big box, I don't hardly ever use lures so mine is just big enough for a bunch of hooks and the other basics, the only problem is I don't like sitting in it, it's to small or my ass is to big???

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I gave up carrying a big box, I don't hardly ever use lures so mine is just big enough for a bunch of hooks and the other basics, the only problem is I don't like sitting in it, it's to small or my ass is to big???

I never carried a huge box, just a normal size. It would of been too small for a child to even sit on. My fishing spots are normally some walking distance away from where i park so if i want to bring a chair i have to struggle to carry it all in one load if i take multiple rods. Not to mention it always got tipped over and the contents were all shaken up. I just bought a cheap la police gear bag and then some of those clear boxes so hopefully itll work out well. Im so excited to get out there and try it out!!!:rockwoot:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I never carried a huge box, just a normal size. It would of been too small for a child to even sit on. My fishing spots are normally some walking distance away from where i park so if i want to bring a chair i have to struggle to carry it all in one load if i take multiple rods. Not to mention it always got tipped over and the contents were all shaken up. I just bought a cheap la police gear bag and then some of those clear boxes so hopefully itll work out well. Im so excited to get out there and try it out!!!:rockwoot:

Oh yeah, I'm ready for low 70's and sunny... Maybe some grilled bluegills:D
    The best tackle box I had was a bass master tournament box, I'm not sure of the brand, but it was flat, maybe 12"x16" and 8" tall, but it had a shoulder strap, it made carrying everything so much easier, I need to find a strap to put on my current one.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I've got my first weekend trip lined up at a private stripper pit in Brazil on April 18. Can't wait to attack them with my fly rod.

A stripper pit??? Sounds like a fun place:laugh:

You ever get out to staughnton and hit the public strip pits? Me and my dad used to fish the one by 70 a lot, nice bluegill and redear in there, but your gonna need a boat to get back to them!

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I'm ready to get my boat out and and kill some Crappie!!! I bought some new crappie Poles and ready to use them!!! Just waiting for the weather to break alittle...

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    We have ponds in our neighborhood we fish out of. A ton of blue gills, some nice crappie and really nice bass. We rarely don't catch something. Then there's a DNR lake we fish that is bass heaven...can't wait for the nice weather!

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    am8d1w.jpg

whos talking about "ready to go fishing"

i caught this hog on January 6th this year. :D

scales werent big enough to weigh it, but id reckon 50-60? burped about 5 times coming up.. 40 degree surface temp, but he was 50 foot down..

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    am8d1w.jpg

whos talking about "ready to go fishing"

i caught this hog on January 6th this year. :D

scales werent big enough to weigh it, but id reckon 50-60? burped about 5 times coming up.. 40 degree surface temp, but he was 50 foot down..

You call that a Fish? I had to put my wifes glasses on to see it.

:D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My oldest will be home on leave prior to his 1st deployment to AFG the last week of March.

We'll be on the water somewhere chasing bass...

Top Bottom