• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not The Bee, not The Onion, the NY Post. I have many questions. Question #1 is, "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS??!!"

KFC Germany: In Germany? Run by Germans? Who thought this was a good idea? Are they now unemployed? Who was in the room when this was brought up? Who said, "Good idea, lets do this!"?? Is history not taught anymore?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    "An error in our system"?????

More like:

1hi3ue.jpg

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Not The Bee, not The Onion, the NY Post. I have many questions. Question #1 is, "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS??!!"

KFC Germany: In Germany? Run by Germans? Who thought this was a good idea? Are they now unemployed? Who was in the room when this was brought up? Who said, "Good idea, lets do this!"?? Is history not taught anymore?
    According to the article, it was a bot, programmed to automatically send advertising alerts on national observances.

The error, was the lack of supervision, or the assumption that all holidays were celebratory ones...

Imagine McDonald's tweeting this on September 11th:

Our 3 new milkshake flavors are to die for! Celebrate 9/11 today with your favorite!

McDonald's, I'm lovin' it!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Are the mods gonna get all ban hammery if we start freelancing tasteless jokes on this one?
    Yeah, I thought KFC used pressure fryers not...

Mods, per family rumors I'm part Ashkenazi Jew.... And I just realized something for the first time when I typed that out. Look at the last 4 letters.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    According to the article, it was a bot, programmed to automatically send advertising alerts on national observances.

The error, was the lack of supervision, or the assumption that all holidays were celebratory ones...

Imagine McDonald's tweeting this on September 11th:
    This was so easy to prevent. All someone, anyone, had to be was not lazy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Colonel Klink must have taken over when Colonel Sanders passed away.
    Werner Klemperer, who played Colonel Klink, has an Interesting story. Werner Klemperer's father, Otto, was a prominent (Jewish) orchestral conductor who fled Germany with his family shortly after Hitler came to power and started to put severe restrictions on Jews. Werner served in the U.S. Army during WWII. Werner agreed to play Colonel Klink on the condition that Klink would always be portrayed as a bumbling fool who never suceeded at anything.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Is there even a very remote possibility that this falls under the, "all publicity is good publicity" axiom? Sure it's tasteless, crude, virtually unforgivable. But maybe most say, 'Hey, that's crazy. I can't believe KFC allowed that. Hey, wanna get some KFC for dinner?". Probably not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Werner Klemperer, who played Colonel Klink, has an Interesting story. Werner Klemperer's father, Otto, was a prominent (Jewish) orchestral conductor who fled Germany with his family shortly after Hitler came to power and started to put severe restrictions on Jews. Werner served in the U.S. Army during WWII. Werner agreed to play Colonel Klink on the condition that Klink would always be portrayed as a bumbling fool who never suceeded at anything.
    That's some Paul Harvey rest of the story stuff. I had never heard that. Pretty cool.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Is there even a very remote possibility that this falls under the, "all publicity is good publicity" axiom? Sure it's tasteless, crude, virtually unforgivable. But maybe most say, 'Hey, that's crazy. I can't believe KFC allowed that. Hey, wanna get some KFC for dinner?". Probably not.
    Extra crispy?

Top Bottom