• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Choices, choices, choices...

Gemtech, Tac Innovations, Tac Solutions, or Yankee Hill?

I do believe that I'll take possession of my new Tac Sol PacLite upper for my Ruger 22/45 VERY soon.

I got the matte black one...

My initial idea was to basically duplicate the set up that BigCraig has. He runs one of those uppers with a Tac Innovations suppressor on it. The TacInnovations can + the PacLite upper, when assembled, looks practically seamless...

But now TacSol is in the dance, too, according to the brochure I looked at over at Beech Grove Firearms. I would also expect that their stuff has the "same" finish on them as their PacLite uppers...

I plan on taking my Ruger in to BGF to see if they'd screw on one of the "demo" Outback IIs they have to see how it looks...

I know nothing at all about Yankee Hill other than the picture on their website makes it look like their cans are kind of "ribbed" plus maybe look a little "oversized".

Also, any ideas on which of the above would be the most "economical"?

So, ideas? Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks,

-J-

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't own any, but I have read good things about Gemtech. Yankee Hill makes good stuff at good prices too.

There is advertisements in firearem related magazines that talk about spot welding vs continuious welding. I'm not sure what that does for us commen men, but you should ask how a particular Can is made. Can you add water to the Can or not is a good question to ask. Some add shaving cream. Adding an additional damping mediam may not be important to you but it does make a difference in the degree of sound the Can makes.

Buy from a INGO Form Supporter when ever you Can. Pardon the pun.......

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I'm happy w/ my new AAC Pilot. I have it on my Pac Light upper, alternating between it & my Tactical Solutions 10/22 barrel, too. I went through ACME in Seymore.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Gemtech Outback, TI Stratus, SWR Warlock, YHM Mite, AAC Pilot; put them all in a hat and pull one out. You'll be happy with whatever you get.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Dang it, guys, you're supposed to tell me THE ONE that I should buy.

I hate making decisions. LOL

-J-

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    yep, see what's in stock and what's cheapest and hand over the cash! I'm waiting on my form 4 for a Gemteck Outback II. I hope to fond a Tac Sol .223 can in stock somewhere in the next few months as cash becomes available.

Doug K

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Spot welding vs. machine "fully cirumferential" welding is a BS tactic. All that circumferential welding does is cause the can to have to be scrapped if you get a baffle strike. None of the guys who've been in business the longest do it and the one company that does won't be for long ;)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Spot welding vs. machine "fully cirumferential" welding is a BS tactic. All that circumferential welding does is cause the can to have to be scrapped if you get a baffle strike. None of the guys who've been in business the longest do it and the one company that does won't be for long ;)

So, are you saying to stay away from one of the brands?

And if so, would you please share your opinion...so that I (and others) can research some more?

Thank you!!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    If we're talking about .22 cans, I don't believe anyone welds theirs so there's noone to rule out here. There is one brand that was mentioned that I will never ever buy from for personal reasons. I think the people who run it and "R&D" for the company are, well frankly, just plain cocksuckers.

They've pissed off the wrong people and won't be around much longer.

:twocents:

ETA: It's not one of the ones you initially mentioned. It's a company someone mentioned later on.

Top Bottom