• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    I also think the Springfield Ronin commander might be a good choice that won't break the budget at all and allow plenty of extra funds for Wilson Combat spare magazines, some good carry gear, and plenty of ammo.

For more $, I can certainly recommend the Dan Wesson Valor commander. It is a fine pistol and shoots as good as it looks.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm looking into getting my first 1911 in 9mm. I love the 1911 platform, but I'm also open to the 2011. I'm differently looking at a government size.

Right now I'm looking the most at the Kimber Rapide Dawn.

Budget, I would like to be around $2,500 max.

What kind of opinions do you all have?
    My goal is to get one of each of Springfield Ronin in 10mm have the 45acp and 9mm to own the set of government size 1911's in that line.
    If you get a Ronin you'll love it.

$770
    $20 shipping no sales taxes.

1677698791846.png

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Honestly way out of your budget but I shot a nighthawk vice president that was how do I say this…”better than sex!”…but it was 4500 bucks!

But in your budget I’d have to say the best 1911/2011 I’ve fondled was a Dan Wesson DWX! Slide was smooth as a baby’s bottom! Trigger was crisp and clean with almost zero take up, and a short reset!, plus it takes cz p10 mags, cz75 grips, i think I’ve read that some (not all) 1911 triggers will work, if you see one detail stripped, the main spring looks just like the main spring on a 1911! Has a removable trigger group like a p320

I think when they release the compact I might retire the 320 x5 legion and have a new idpa gun! (If it’s optics ready!)

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    My goal is to get one of each of Springfield Ronin in 10mm have the 45acp and 9mm to own the set of government size 1911's in that line.
    If you get a Ronin you'll love it.

I was considering adding a 1911 in 9mm and the Ronin I read the specs on had an aluminum frame , was not until I clicked on the link above to find there are all steel Ronin 1911s too. Have a Springfield Range Officer in 45 that is quite a good shooter , hopefully the Ronin in 9mm would shoot very well too.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    1911 in 9mm? Easy JMB, rest easy. It is a passing fad.
    As the old coouts that love 1911s get older..(me included) I think you will see alot more 1911s in 9mm. I have a all steel government 1911 in 9mm that shoots as soft as a BB Gun. For aging hands wrists and elbows its a great choice. Like having your cake and shooting it too.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm lost, I've looked at everything and ended up in a rabbit hole looking at the 92XI then stumbled across this... Very interesting to me. What you all think?

View attachment 259613
    It’ll be very large for CC if that’s still your intent. It’s a competition level pistol built to be a cross between a 1911 and a CZ. CZ owns Dan Wesson btw. And this is a merge of the two, 1911 with a CZ style grip. I’m a big fan of both the 1911 and CZ. I own both and I think I like the CZ grip a little bit better. For the money, I’d look at the CZ Shadow 2 Orange. But either way It’d be a fantastic range gun.

For a carry gun, I second NHT3’s suggestion on a Wilson Combat EDC X9. The one he posted about is relisted on GB

The Staccato’s get rave reviews, but the double stack would be to wide for me to carry personally.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    That's defiantly not a carry gun...if that's what your looking for
    I mean you could, but that sure is not going to be comfortable. I should state that I will continue to carry my G19 a majority of the time, but I love SA hammer guns. I guess by me saying I would carry it sometimes I was justifying spending that much on a pistol because it would be used often, but the reality is that it probably won't be. I just want to buy something nice for myself lol.

Top Bottom